Gun Control, Gun Ban is not the answer

CrazedScotsman

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2012
What needs to be addressed is mental illness in this country. Make everyone take a test before they can buy a gun, any gun. What kind of test? I don't know, some psychological test to see if the person wanting to buy the gun is mentally stable enough to own one.

I know everyone and their mothers are wanting all kinds of gun control laws passed with some wanting complete gun bans I'm sure. That is not the answer here.

Thing is, if someone fails this test, what law or ban is going to stop that person from picking one up illegally? Plus, he/she can get if now and not have to wait.

As for gun shows? I think these do need to be banned or make it so guns cannot be sold right then and there. If someone wants a gun from a gun show, they can still get only it will be shipped after a background check.

All I know is that gun control laws and gun bans will not stop these acts of murder.

And let's call this what it is. It's terrorism and it's murder. I hear these anchors say 20 children killed, they weren't killed, they were murdered. There is a difference.

What sort of test do you propose that those who steal guns or buy them on the black market to carry out their criminal acts take?

Like I said in my post, you are not going to be able to stop someone from getting a gun illegally if they fail the test.

And I will add

You are not going to be able to stop someone from getting a gun illegally if you have more gun control laws or total gun bans.

I have lived in 3 South American countries, spent some time in Japan and I've also lived in Mexico and Canada. Outside of the drug cartel wars in Mexico, these countries don't have stupid, senseless massacres like we do here in the U.S where ordinary citizens murder whole groups of people in theaters, shopping centers and public schools in peace time. For all you 2nd Amendment nuts, please pay attention to that prepositional phrase.

The US is the most armed nation on earth, and we have the most gun violence. Why does anyone rationalize that more guns will fix that?

What needs to be addressed is mental illness in this country. Make everyone take a test before they can buy a gun, any gun. What kind of test? I don't know, some psychological test to see if the person wanting to buy the gun is mentally stable enough to own one.

I know everyone and their mothers are wanting all kinds of gun control laws passed with some wanting complete gun bans I'm sure. That is not the answer here.

Thing is, if someone fails this test, what law or ban is going to stop that person from picking one up illegally? Plus, he/she can get if now and not have to wait.

As for gun shows? I think these do need to be banned or make it so guns cannot be sold right then and there. If someone wants a gun from a gun show, they can still get only it will be shipped after a background check.

All I know is that gun control laws and gun bans will not stop these acts of murder.

And let's call this what it is. It's terrorism and it's murder. I hear these anchors say 20 children killed, they weren't killed, they were murdered. There is a difference.

stupid idea, can people pass the test in times of stress which is when they commit these acts ? and youre not a scotsman so dont claim to be

What sort of test do you propose that those who steal guns or buy them on the black market to carry out their criminal acts take?

Like I said in my post, you are not going to be able to stop someone from getting a gun illegally if they fail the test.

And I will add

You are not going to be able to stop someone from getting a gun illegally if you have more gun control laws or total gun bans.

so what, the vast majority of gun murders are committed with legally held firearms

I have lived in 3 South American countries, spent some time in Japan and I've also lived in Mexico and Canada. Outside of the drug cartel wars in Mexico, these countries don't have stupid, senseless massacres like we do here in the U.S where ordinary citizens murder whole groups of people in theaters, shopping centers and public schools in peace time. For all you 2nd Amendment nuts, please pay attention to that prepositional phrase.

Because the ordinary law abiding citizens of these countries have been de-balled and govt has taken away their rights to own guns. You suggesting we give up our rights?

Amazing how everyone has an answer for the wrong question. How about asking how it's possible for a completely sane society to go batshit crazy in a decade? Perhaps the problem is parents putting their children on psych meds for some made up condition. Now they've grown up and really are nuts from it.

Because the ordinary law abiding citizens of these countries have been de-balled and govt has taken away their rights to own guns. You suggesting we give up our rights?

lol, you wouldnt last a second in a lot of these countries with attitudes like that, guns dont make men, a child can use a gun. we just have saner gun laws so we dont have people going around shooting groups of children.

Or brainwashing like they did Timothy Mcveigh

Amazing how everyone has an answer for the wrong question. How about asking how it's possible for a completely sane society to go batshit crazy in a decade? Perhaps the problem is parents putting their children on psych meds for some made up condition. Now they've grown up and really are nuts from it.

lol, you wouldnt last a second in a lot of these countries with attitudes like that, guns dont make men, a child can use a gun. we just have saner gun laws so we dont have people going around shooting groups of children.

You don't have saner laws. South American govts are afraid of their own people so they ax their rights and then the cartels move in and other gangs move in to that vacuum....which renders the law abiding citizen defenseless. South American country laws are for cowards.

You don't have saner laws. South American govts are afraid of their own people so they ax their rights and then the cartels move in and other gangs move in to that vacuum....which renders the law abiding citizen defenseless. South American country laws are for cowards.

Im not from s america, but the rest of the world does have much saner laws, and much less gun deaths go figure.

and anyone who needs a gun is a coward, clearly the usa's laws are designed for cowards.

Apparently, you missed the massacre in Norway, where they have some of the strictest gun laws in the world.

Forum List

Back