Gun Control, Gun Ban is not the answer

What sort of test do you propose that those who steal guns or buy them on the black market to carry out their criminal acts take?

Without gun shows, the black market would be very scarce.

Increase the penalty on selling to a criminal, vigorously enforce the law by increasing the budge of the ATF.

Most NRA gun owners have the legal guns and then a few illegal guns off the books tucked away. Started raiding some homes, and if they find one illegal weapon, then the person looses the right to ever own a gun again.

We label sex criminals, why don't we label people who are not allowed to own guns?

The problem with you NRA nuts is you want to do nothing while kids are being murdered execution style.

I have lived in 3 South American countries, spent some time in Japan and I've also lived in Mexico and Canada. Outside of the drug cartel wars in Mexico, these countries don't have stupid, senseless massacres like we do here in the U.S where ordinary citizens murder whole groups of people in theaters, shopping centers and public schools in peace time. For all you 2nd Amendment nuts, please pay attention to that prepositional phrase.
Apparently, you missed the massacre in Norway, where they have some of the strictest gun laws in the world.

How often does that happen in Norway? England? Japan?

Fucking idiot.

How many math classes did you fail? You're completely unable to compare numbers.

I have lived in 3 South American countries, spent some time in Japan and I've also lived in Mexico and Canada. Outside of the drug cartel wars in Mexico, these countries don't have stupid, senseless massacres like we do here in the U.S where ordinary citizens murder whole groups of people in theaters, shopping centers and public schools in peace time. For all you 2nd Amendment nuts, please pay attention to that prepositional phrase.
Apparently, you missed the massacre in Norway, where they have some of the strictest gun laws in the world.

Yeah, that's right. Law enforcement wasnt even allowed to have guns and it took something like four hours before they were able take possession of a gun to handle the situation. By that time 70 plus people had been murdered. If law enforcement had guns that day, they would have prevented countless victims.

How often does that happen in Norway? England? Japan?

Fucking idiot.

How many math classes did you fail? You're completely unable to compare numbers.

Do you realize that the gunman in Norway killed more people than Va Tech, Columbine, and this today.....in one setting.

Yeah, that's right. Law enforcement wasnt even allowed to have guns and it took something like four hours before they were able take possession of a gun to handle the situation. By that time 70 plus people had been murdered. If law enforcement had guns that day, they would have prevented countless victims.

erm law enforcement in norway have armed response units just like here, it didnt take anything like 4 hours, it took maybe an extra hour because he was on a fucking island you clown

What sort of test do you propose that those who steal guns or buy them on the black market to carry out their criminal acts take?

Without gun shows, the black market would be very scarce.

Increase the penalty on selling to a criminal, vigorously enforce the law by increasing the budge of the ATF.

Most NRA gun owners have the legal guns and then a few illegal guns off the books tucked away. Started raiding some homes, and if they find one illegal weapon, then the person looses the right to ever own a gun again.

We label sex criminals, why don't we label people who are not allowed to own guns?

The problem with you NRA nuts is you want to do nothing while kids are being murdered execution style.

You really have no idea of what you are talking about. You're just rambling at this point. Do you know the penalties that an FFL dealer would face if he started running black markets through his shop? Again, you're just rambling now.

What needs to be addressed is mental illness in this country. Make everyone take a test before they can buy a gun, any gun. What kind of test? I don't know, some psychological test to see if the person wanting to buy the gun is mentally stable enough to own one.

I know everyone and their mothers are wanting all kinds of gun control laws passed with some wanting complete gun bans I'm sure. That is not the answer here.

Thing is, if someone fails this test, what law or ban is going to stop that person from picking one up illegally? Plus, he/she can get if now and not have to wait.

As for gun shows? I think these do need to be banned or make it so guns cannot be sold right then and there. If someone wants a gun from a gun show, they can still get only it will be shipped after a background check.

All I know is that gun control laws and gun bans will not stop these acts of murder.

And let's call this what it is. It's terrorism and it's murder. I hear these anchors say 20 children killed, they weren't killed, they were murdered. There is a difference.

That would eliminate many in law enforcement. So buying that old Remington from your buddy would be controlled how? I have never bought a gun at a retailer,all have been private sales,you purpose screwing with private citizens buying and selling their possessions without the law always up there butt?

I have an idea...what is the most gun hating state in the Union? Let's help them create a total ban on all citizen owned guns, then encourge all the gun hater to move there. They would be happy and then maybe leave the rest of us the hell alone.

erm law enforcement in norway have armed response units just like here, it didnt take anything like 4 hours, it took maybe an extra hour because he was on a fucking island you clown

No, it was a bureaucratic cluster of epic proportions as helicopters watched and law enforcement was told to observe the situation without confrontation.

Last edited:

What do you propose to do? Banish the second amendment?

No, it was a bureacratic cluster of epic proportions as helicopters watched and law enforcement was told to observe the situation without confrontation.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Police criticised over Breivik massacre - FT.com

Among the findings was that a series of delays, communication failures and problems in finding sufficient boats and helicopters hampered the police response to the Utøya shootings and that without them Breivik could have been arrested up to 20 minutes earlier in his rampage, which lasted more than an hour. The police were also adjudged not to have had a good enough contingency plan for such attacks, unlike the medical services.

see how full of shit you are ? thats from the official inquiry, guns not mentioned at all and a 20 minute delay not 4 hours, youre an idiot

No, it was a bureacratic cluster of epic proportions as helicopters watched and law enforcement was told to observe the situation without confrontation.

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our Ts&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email [email protected] to buy additional rights. Police criticised over Breivik massacre - FT.com

Among the findings was that a series of delays, communication failures and problems in finding sufficient boats and helicopters hampered the police response to the Utøya shootings and that without them Breivik could have been arrested up to 20 minutes earlier in his rampage, which lasted more than an hour. The police were also adjudged not to have had a good enough contingency plan for such attacks, unlike the medical services.

see how full of shit you are ? thats from the official inquiry, guns not mentioned at all and a 20 minute delay not 4 hours, youre an idiot

Thanks for proving my point of your ignorance.

NEWTOWN, CT—Following today’s mass shooting that left 20 young children dead at a Connecticut elementary school, numerous sources across the country reported that their government-protected right to own a portable device that propels small masses of metal through the air at lethal rates of speed is completely worth any such consequences. “It’s my God-given right and a founding principle of this country that I be able to own a [piece of metal that launches other smaller pieces of metal great distances, one after the other], and if a few deaths here and there is the price we have to pay for that freedom, then so be it,” said Lawrence Crane of nearby Danbury, CT, who is such a staunch advocate of the portable deadly-pellet-flinging apparatuses that he keeps multiple versions of such mechanisms in his home, often carries one with him, and is a member of a club whose sole purpose is to celebrate these assembled steel things and the small bits of metal they send flying. “Sure, it’s sad that a few kids died, but it’s far better than the tyranny that would result if the government came and took away all our [mechanical contraptions that make a lot of little pointy chunks of metal go through the air fast]. Can you even imagine what kind of horrible world that would be?” The man added that if the events that unfolded today led lawmakers to question his ability to possess any such items of steel and lead, authorities would have to “pry the [wholly inanimate mechanical object, nothing more, nothing less] from [his] dead hands.”

Pic of the shooter in 2005:

ht_Adam_lanza_sandy_hook_121214_wmain.jpg

Updates here:

LIVE UPDATES: Newtown, Conn., School Shooting - ABC News

According to ABC News, Ryan Lanza, the older brother of 20-year-old Connecticut school massacre perpetrator Adam Lanza, has told police that his brother has Asperger Syndrome and another “personality disorder.” ABC News reports:

Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Report: Massacre Perpetrator Had Asperger Syndrome, Personality Disorder

With what we now know, I have to lay most of the blame on the mother. A young man with his mental disabilities should not have had free access to her guns. They should have been locked securely in a safe, or out of the house.

With what we now know, I have to lay most of the blame on the mother. A young man with his mental disabilities should not have had free access to her guns. They should have been locked securely in a safe, or out of the house.

Well, he killed his mother too, so it's too late to blame but.... in the other school killings- like the Columbine High School massacre, for example, these people manage to get the weapons at home anyway, securely in a safe or otherwise. Sadly ,they just do. :(

Well, he killed his mother too, so it's too late to blame but.... in the other school killings- like the Columbine High School massacre, for example, these people manage to get the weapons at home anyway, securely in a safe or otherwise. Sadly ,they just do. :(

I don't have kids, but my guns are in a steel cabinet in my bedroom closet that you can't get into without two keys. If I had a kid with his disabiliies, I might even sell the guns, just to make sure nothing happened

The Columbine shooters got the guns illegally from a straw buyer. I doubt this kid could have managed that.

Forum List

Back