Gun Control, Gun Ban is not the answer

With what we now know, I have to lay most of the blame on the mother. A young man with his mental disabilities should not have had free access to her guns. They should have been locked securely in a safe, or out of the house.

Well, he killed his mother too, so it's too late to blame but.... in the other school killings- like the Columbine High School massacre, for example, these people manage to get the weapons at home anyway, securely in a safe or otherwise. Sadly ,they just do. :(

I don't have kids, but my guns are in a steel cabinet in my bedroom closet that you can't get into without two keys. If I had a kid with his disabiliies, I might even sell the guns, just to make sure nothing happened

The Columbine shooters got the guns illegally from a straw buyer. I doubt this kid could have managed that.

My point is that if kids are going to kill they will find a way! I know it's disturbing but unfortunately it's a fact.

EDIT to say I am not saying gun ban is the answer.... it is a very complex issue!

Last edited:
Well, he killed his mother too, so it's too late to blame but.... in the other school killings- like the Columbine High School massacre, for example, these people manage to get the weapons at home anyway, securely in a safe or otherwise. Sadly ,they just do. :(

I don't have kids, but my guns are in a steel cabinet in my bedroom closet that you can't get into without two keys. If I had a kid with his disabiliies, I might even sell the guns, just to make sure nothing happened

The Columbine shooters got the guns illegally from a straw buyer. I doubt this kid could have managed that.

My point is that if kids are going to kill they will find a way! I know it's disturbing but unfortunately it's a fact.

EDIT to say I am not saying gun ban is the answer.... it is a very complex issue!

Yes, that is true, and the weapon could be a car mowing over folks walking on the sidewalk, a manure/diesel bomb like OK City, or setting fire to an occupied home.

You Know when you sell a weapon second hand, from private citizen to another private citizen... NO one has to register the sale, weapon or ask if the buyer has a Pistol permit.

Isn't that interesting?

Yet an automobile, has to be registered between both parties and the DOL on the sale.

And you all cry Ban, Ban....

How about a practicle way to manage the transactions of weapons....???

What needs to be addressed is mental illness in this country. Make everyone take a test before they can buy a gun, any gun. What kind of test? I don't know, some psychological test to see if the person wanting to buy the gun is mentally stable enough to own one.

I know everyone and their mothers are wanting all kinds of gun control laws passed with some wanting complete gun bans I'm sure. That is not the answer here.

Thing is, if someone fails this test, what law or ban is going to stop that person from picking one up illegally? Plus, he/she can get if now and not have to wait.

As for gun shows? I think these do need to be banned or make it so guns cannot be sold right then and there. If someone wants a gun from a gun show, they can still get only it will be shipped after a background check.

All I know is that gun control laws and gun bans will not stop these acts of murder.

And let's call this what it is. It's terrorism and it's murder. I hear these anchors say 20 children killed, they weren't killed, they were murdered. There is a difference.

Idiot,it's a mental illness to even carry a weapon:Boom2: WHEN WILL YOU IDIOTS REALIZE THAT FACT.....SAY NO TO GUNS

What sort of test do you propose that those who steal guns or buy them on the black market to carry out their criminal acts take?

Without gun shows, the black market would be very scarce.

Increase the penalty on selling to a criminal, vigorously enforce the law by increasing the budge of the ATF.

Most NRA gun owners have the legal guns and then a few illegal guns off the books tucked away. Started raiding some homes, and if they find one illegal weapon, then the person looses the right to ever own a gun again.

We label sex criminals, why don't we label people who are not allowed to own guns?

The problem with you NRA nuts is you want to do nothing while kids are being murdered execution style.

I thought your breath smelled like shit before I realized you were talk out of your ass.

Last edited:
What needs to be addressed is mental illness in this country. Make everyone take a test before they can buy a gun, any gun. What kind of test? I don't know, some psychological test to see if the person wanting to buy the gun is mentally stable enough to own one.

I know everyone and their mothers are wanting all kinds of gun control laws passed with some wanting complete gun bans I'm sure. That is not the answer here.

Thing is, if someone fails this test, what law or ban is going to stop that person from picking one up illegally? Plus, he/she can get if now and not have to wait.

As for gun shows? I think these do need to be banned or make it so guns cannot be sold right then and there. If someone wants a gun from a gun show, they can still get only it will be shipped after a background check.

All I know is that gun control laws and gun bans will not stop these acts of murder.

And let's call this what it is. It's terrorism and it's murder. I hear these anchors say 20 children killed, they weren't killed, they were murdered. There is a difference.

So you think a "crazy test" will suffice---:badgrin: I don't think so. They're is an old saying and it's very true--"crazy like a fox." There are many people in this country that can act--pass tests--and be as normal as your next door neighbor--and then go off and commit mass murder without anyone blinking an eye--and people who knew them are shocked that they were capable of doing what they did. It happens all of the time.

We have to ask ourselves--why we need assault weapons to be sold to the public today. They're certainly not for personal safety--unless you plan on getting attacked by 100's of people at once. If you're thinking about taking on the Federal Government with one--I'll remind you of their bombs and preditor drones.

The only purpose of an assault weapon is to kill people in mass. And that couldn't have been more clear as to what this elementary school teacher had purchased and registered in her own name--that her nutcase son obviously had complete access too.

Here it is- Bushmaster .223-with a 30 round clip--sells for around $650.00

10182805.jpg

Last edited:
You Know when you sell a weapon second hand, from private citizen to another private citizen... NO one has to register the sale, weapon or ask if the buyer has a Pistol permit.

Isn't that interesting?

Yet an automobile, has to be registered between both parties and the DOL on the sale.

And you all cry Ban, Ban....

How about a practicle way to manage the transactions of weapons....???

Not a single statement in your post is true.

I don't know, OP has a point. Like I said in another thread, I can buy a gun, illegally, on the Internet right now from South America, and they'll smuggle it into the States for me and drop it at a location of my choosing. Then I pay them, say, 500 dollars for an AK plus another 100 for all the ammo I'd need to shoot up a mall.

Stricter gun control laws aren't going to stop that from happening. It's a symptom of an open-border free-market economy - things slip through. Think of all the human and drug trafficking that goes through the country. Obviously there are strict laws against that, yet people still manage to get that in the country.

I'm not saying to stifle our borders and our economy. That's not the answer either.
But gun control isn't the answer. Banning guns isn't the answer.

So you think a "crazy test" will suffice---:badgrin: I don't think so. They're is an old saying and it's very true--"crazy like a fox." There are many people in this country that can act--pass tests--and be as normal as your next door neighbor--and then go off and commit mass murder without anyone blinking an eye--and people who knew them are shocked that they were capable of doing what they did. It happens all of the time.

We have to ask ourselves--why we need assault weapons to be sold to the public today. They're certainly not for personal safety--unless you plan on getting attacked by 100's of people at once. If you're thinking about taking on the Federal Government with one--I'll remind you of their bombs and preditor drones.

The only purpose of an assault weapon is to kill people in mass. And that couldn't have been more clear as to what this elementary school teacher had purchased and registered in her own name--that her nutcase son obviously had complete access too.

10182805.jpg

I own one just like that...30 round magazine and all.

I bought it in 1993 while I was in the Army, and in 19 years, somehow...crazy as it sounds...it not only has not killed anyone, it hasn't even been fired in anger.

How do you explain that???

Last edited:
What's the point of explaining it? That Bushmaster isn't an assualt weapon.

I don't know, OP has a point. Like I said in another thread, I can buy a gun, illegally, on the Internet right now from South America, and they'll smuggle it into the States for me and drop it at a location of my choosing. Then I pay them, say, 500 dollars for an AK plus another 100 for all the ammo I'd need to shoot up a mall.

Oh really...

How do you explain such weopons being the choice of the crazies? It could not be because the fact that they are designed only for the killing of one's fellow humans, could it? And that the crazies intend to do just that. And have extremely easy access to this kind of weopon.

I would like to see them banned without the kind of background check that those with fully automatic weopons have to get.

What's the point of explaining it? That Bushmaster isn't an assualt weapon.

Oh really...

An AR-15 is not an assualt weopon? What bullshit. It is a semiautomatic knockoff of a military weopon that was designed for only one purpose, the killing of human beings in large numbers.

Repeat this nonsense in Sandy Hook.

Yes, that is true, and the weapon could be a car mowing over folks walking on the sidewalk, a manure/diesel bomb like OK City, or setting fire to an occupied home.

Look they're selling assault weapons off of the shelve like M & M candy. It's a little harder to make a bomb--it's definitely not spontaneous thought--like assault weapons are. There is an enormous difference in what happened today--as in comparison as to the planned bomb attack in OK city.

How do you explain such weopons being the choice of the crazies? It could not be because the fact that they are designed only for the killing of one's fellow humans, could it? And that the crazies intend to do just that. And have extremely easy access to this kind of weopon.

I would like to see them banned without the kind of background check that those with fully automatic weopons have to get.

The weapon was registered to the shooters mother.

Was she crazy?

Was she a vicious psychopath? The kindergarten teacher?

We have to ask ourselves--why we need assault weapons to be sold to the public today. They're certainly not for personal safety--unless you plan on getting attacked by 100's of people at once.

10182805.jpg

I own one just like that...30 round magazine and all.

I bought it in 1993 while I was in the Army, and in 19 years, somehow...crazy as it sounds...it not only has not killed anyone, it hasn't even been fired in anger.

How do you explain that???

Yeah I know--there are probably 100's of thousands of these type weapons that are owned by law abiding citizens that would never dream of hurting anyone with them.

BUT--why do you own one? Are you fearful you'll get attacked by 100's of people at once--do you feel it is really for your personal safety--because it sure isn't used for hunting. It's a kill people machine.

The problem we're having is that owners of these guns are USING them--as we witnessed in Aurora--and this nut-case today--got a hold of his mothers guns. So what is your solution to this problem?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back