Guess what a member of the 1% club did?

0.1% is 10% of 1%. That ain't difficult...
No shit, Sherlock.

We're talking the top 1% of wage earners..........The top 1% AVERAGE a positive adjusted gross income of between 1.3 to 1.4 million a year, as of 2009.

It has nothing to do with the percentage of millionaires, it has to do with the percentage of wage earners in that income bracket.

Bodecea is being dishonest when she tries to equate the 7% millionaires in this country, with those who fall in the top 1% wage earners.

Get it?

Last edited:
We're talking the top 1% of wage earners..........The top 1% AVERAGE a positive adjusted gross income of between 1.3 to 1.4 million a year, as of 2009.

Then why does IRS say $343,927 AGI in 2009 = top 1% AGI threshold?

National Taxpayers Union - Who Pays Income Taxes?
That's the average amount of income tax paid in dollars, on their AGI.

Three hundred and forty three thousand, nine hundred and twenty seven dollars.

It's the average split point, among all who fall in that bracket.

See why the IRS needs to simplify things?

Last edited:
20111024-agi-floor-percentiles.png

By Kay Bell

Based on 2009 tax year filing data, the Internal Revenue Service says an adjusted gross income, or AGI, of $343,927 or more will put you in the top 1 percent of taxpayers.

Top 1 Percent: How Much Do They Earn? | Bankrate.com

My point is that if/when taxes are raised on the top 1%, the increased tax rate will start at the bottom threshold - which is what some of us have been trying to identify in this thread.

My point is that if/when taxes are raised on the top 1%, the increased tax rate will start at the bottom threshold - which is what some of us have been trying to identify in this thread.
The bottom threshold is the 350 grand range.

What needs to be clarified, by those proposing the increases, is are they talking about the top one percent of wage earners, of whom those in the 350 grand range a year fall, or the top one percent wealthiest wage earners.

One thing we've definitely established, is that Willy Jethro and Ham Hips are in the top 1% of wage earners. Which I believe was Reb's point.

Last edited:
What needs to be clarified, by those proposing the increases, is are they talking about the top one percent of wage earners, of whom those in the 350 grand range a year fall, or the top one percent wealthiest wage earners.

I assume you mean like the top 1% or the top 0.1%...or even the top 0.01%?

I assume you mean like the top 1% or the top 0.1%...or even the top 0.01%?
I'm talking the mega-buck earners......Those who can wipe their asses with 100 dollar bills and laugh at those making the 350 grand a year........The Al Gore types.

'cause when you're trying to run a business, and grow the business and create jobs, 350 grand isn't a lot o' money.

Last edited:
Prove your claim with facts

You got to be joking you think they would have hired her without her daddy?

Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former President Bill Clinton and current Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, has accepted a position with NBC News. Chelsea will appear on "NBC Nightly News" with Brian Williams reporting on air for their "Making A Difference" segment.

Chelsea Clinton To Sign On With 'NBC Nightly News'

Hell even in the news report they had to mention her mother father so that people would know who they were talking about.

Stop stalking Chelsea Clinton. You people are fucking sick.

Making stuff up I see.

You got to be joking you think they would have hired her without her daddy?

Chelsea Clinton To Sign On With 'NBC Nightly News'

Hell even in the news report they had to mention her mother father so that people would know who they were talking about.

Stop stalking Chelsea Clinton. You people are fucking sick.
Umm She's 31 fully achieved adulthood and the daughter of a former president and current Sec'y of State. She has elected to enter the world of electronic media.
All three issues make her fair game.
If you don't like it, write her a letter telling her that you think she's being stalked.
Otherwise, this is the real world. Tough shit.

He has a wild imagination one thread about her 1%er daddy and I'm stalking her. Maybe he's projecting.

Can anyone provide a "definitive" source for what income level constitutes the 1%? I'm serious. I've seen difference sources ranging from around $350k to $11 million - per year.
Who belongs to the ruling class is not based on income.

Full text of "Americas 60 Families"

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Rich-Super-Rich-Study-Power-Money/dp/0818400692[/ame]
The Rich and the Super-Rich: A Study in the Power of Money Today

Book Description

Publication Date: June 1968
Thirty years ago, a bombshell of a book appeared which told the story of the lords of wealth and their glittering clans. It was called America's Sixty Families. It rocked the nation and became a classic. Lundberg showed how America was ruled by a plutocracy of inherited wealth, even under the New Deal. At the time he could only provide a sampling of the economic and political patterns of those families, which, for one reason or another, had come under public scrutiny. In addition to the Sixty Families he dealt with in depth he was able to outline the probable holdings of a few hundred other families. Where are they today - those Sixty Families? What ravages of time, death and taxes worked on the mighty fortunes of yesteryear? Is the "Welfare State" robbing them of the opulence they knew in the good old days?... Lundberg shows that there are 200,000 very wealthy individuals in the United states. Most of them are of some 500 super-millionaire families. Examples are 250 Du Ponts, 73 Rockefellers. Some 61% of the 200,000 inherited their wealth. These families are far wealthier than ever before.... These families have all the old levers of power and pelf plus a whole host of new ones created for them during the intervening decades by the politicians, lawyers and judges who serve them.

That book is so out of date the author wrote in 1938. Give it up edthedrunk.

America's
60 Families

BY FERDINAND LUNDBERG

Author of "Imperial Hearst'

THE VANGUARD PRESS
NEW YORK

COPYRIGHT, 1937, BY THE VANGUARD PRESS, INC,

No portion of this book may be reprinted in any form without

permission in writing from the publisher, except by a reviewer

who wishes to quote brief passages in connection with a review

written for inclusion in a magazine or newspaper

Sixth Printing

Last edited:
So, can we clarify this: Is top 1% based on yearly income or wealth? When Congress/Obama talk about the top 1%, what income level are they referring to? Or, are there TWO categories of 1%: One for income and another for wealth? I guess I would prefer to be in the top 1% of wealth as opposed to income if I had to make a choice.
It is more than just wealth, it is the POWER that the wealthy have over the politicians, the media and the industries of this country.

Okay, fine, but what criteria are used by Congress and Obama to define the top 1%? As in DOLLARS...

They use the criteria anyone but them

The real story here is that NBC, parent company of far left MSNBC, gave a great job to..........a rich girl from a rich family.

Couldn't the left wing NBC just go out to OWS and hire a qualified liberal out of the crowd?

Forum List

Back