Guess what a member of the 1% club did?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bigrebnc1775, Nov 15, 2011.

1. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    He pushed his status and got his daughter who has no exprince in the media industry a job. With all the people out of work and this person daughter does not need to work yes he got her a job with NBC. Guess who that 1% was?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Big Black Dog

Big Black Dog Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,715
    /don;t have a clue who you are talking about but is this member of the 1% club the only person in America who has ever used his influence to get a family member a job? Hank, my barber, landed a job for his son at the car lot and he's not a 1% person. Bet there's more of this going on than you suspect.

3. pete

pete The food stamp president

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +232
    Slick willy

4. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Well no this member is not just found it interesting with company'es in tough time they felt the need to waste money on a person with no experience.

5. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Chelsea got her own job

6. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    Damn can't get nothing by you can I?:lol:

7. bigrebnc1775

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    :cuckoo::eusa_whistle: right sure she did.:lol:

8. spectrumc01

spectrumc01 I give you....the TRUTH

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +260
    :eusa_liar:

9. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Prove your claim with facts

10. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    Chelsea Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

University College, Oxford

University College, Oxford
    In July 2001, President Clinton revealed at Wimbledon that Chelsea would attend University College, Oxford in the fall – the same college where he studied politics between 1968 and 1970 on a Rhodes Scholarship.[27] Chelsea did not apply for a Rhodes. The Master of University College, Lord Butler of Brockwell, said he was delighted she was attending: "Her record at Stanford shows that she is a very well-qualified and able student. The college is also pleased to extend its link with the Clinton family." The university implemented security measures upon the recommendation of British and American advisors,[28] and fellow students were asked not to discuss her with the press.[29]

Arriving at Oxford just after the September 11 attacks on the United States, Chelsea was drawn to other American students who were also feeling the emotional after-effects of the trauma. She told Talk magazine:

“

Every day I encounter some sort of anti-American feeling. Over the summer, I thought I would seek out non-Americans as friends, just for diversity's sake. Now I find that I want to be around Americans – people who I know are thinking about our country as much as I am.[29]

”

She was criticized for those early remarks in the London press and by the newspaper Oxford Student, which angered the university by directly attacking her in an editorial.[29]

But she was described as charming, poised and unaffected by people who met her, and she appeared to successfully adjust to life abroad.[29] During her time at Oxford, Chelsea adopted a more sophisticated look, reportedly assisted by family friend Donatella Versace, whose couture shows she attended in early 2002. Geordie Greig, the editor of Tatler, ranked her No. 5 on the magazine's 2002 "Top 10 Girls" list, behind Jessica de Rothschild and Sophie Dahl.[29]

Clinton was awarded an M.Phil. in international relations in 2003.[30] Following graduation, she returned to the States, taking up residence in New York City.[22]

[edit] Columbia University and New York University

In the spring of 2010, Clinton completed a Master of Public Health degree at Columbia Mailman School of Public Health.[31] She is presently pursuing doctoral studies at the Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, New York University.[32]

[edit] Professional life

In 2003, Clinton joined the consulting firm McKinsey & Company in New York City,[22] and went to work for Avenue Capital Group in the fall of 2006. She served as co-chairperson for a fund-raising week for the Clinton Foundation, and serves on the board of the School of American Ballet.[22] On September 22, 2011, she was elected to IAC's board of directors.[33]

On November 14, 2011, NBC announced that it has hired Clinton as a full-time correspondent, reporting feature stories about "Making a Difference" for NBC Nightly News and Rock Center with Brian Williams. She will continue to work for the Clinton Foundation