Guess they're not getting Trump Tower this week.

Absolutely. So stated.
And the courts are holding that Don Trump is not above that law.
And the courts are holding his actions are threatening that very Rule-of-Law.
So be it.
------------------------------------------------------

....were, more than the obvious money. Other 'ill-gotten' gains were the advantage gained over other honest bidders.

When illegal dishonesty..as opposed to garden-variety immorality, allows one bidder to out-bid another on a project there is a loss...to not only the fraudulently out-bid bidder, but to the Rule of Law and the concept of an open and free market.

Fruit from a poisoned tree, poison lotsa things, I suppose one could say.

Other bidders....other bidders who may have out-bid Don Trump were euchred out of contention by deceptive statements that allowed an unfair advantage to one bidder who may not have been as credit-worthy as deceptively portrayed.
I'm not interested in debating intangibles like imaginary investors who were squeezed out of the bidding. AFAIK no one has stepped forward and made that claim.

You failed to address my point. The excuse for this process was that it was not a common-law claim, it was a claim in equity.

Under those rules, the disgorgement is restricted to "ill-gotten gains". The "fraud" is falsifying a business record to receive lower interest and insurance rates (so says Engoron). The "ill-gotten gain" then, is the difference between the rate that was paid, and the rate that "should have been paid".

Even if you say the entire proceeds were "ill-gotten gains", you still cannot add the interest differential- that differential is already incorporated into the proceeds.

"Even if you say the entire proceeds were "ill-gotten gains", you still cannot add the interest differential- that differential is already incorporated into the proceeds."
-----------------------------------
I it is my understanding that Judge Erdogan detailed his calculations and justifications in his ruling.
If he did, I'll go with that.

-----------------------------------
I it is my understanding that Judge Erdogan detailed his calculations and justifications in his ruling.
If he did, I'll go with that.
Yes, that's where I got the numbers.

He doesn't offer any explanation for the double-counting...

I'm not interested in debating intangibles like imaginary investors who were squeezed out of the bidding
Neither is the law. Not a single one has to be produced for what Trump did to be illegal.

What the other poster said is one of the reasons behind the law. If you're not interested in the law, then congrats. You and trump have a lot in common.

So, we got two corporations who are bailing out of financing in New York state.
How many are moving in?
You do know businesses move in....and move out of New York likely every single day. It a big dynamic market and there will always be some 'churn'.
So be it.
It has been ever thus.

----------------------------------------------

:laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :laughing0301:

So, we got two corporations who are bailing out of financing in New York state.
How many are moving in?
You do know businesses move in....and move out of New York likely every single day. It a big dynamic market and there will always be some 'churn'.
So be it.
It has been ever thus.

----------------------------------------------

Well, I ain't gonna debate the nature of scum, or lack thereof, rather, I'd suggest that the self-aware pay attention to how business really works.

It sorta kinda goes like this: The seller says to the buyer it is worth 2. The buyer says it is worth 1. For the sake of the parable let us say they meet somewhere in the middle, say 1-1/2. They shake hands. Sign a contract. And a deal is struck ..... pending .....financing.

And there is where the rub lies. The 'financing' part.

The part, where one party goes to a Federally chartered lending institution and seeks 'financing'.

And, critically for this case, it seems, that Don Trump, et al, lied about the values. Lied about the liabilities. Lied about the prospects.

Too, it must be noted that "lies" = deception.
And in some circumstances such deception is illegal in the State of New York. Which, it appears, is the case here.

I hope then we can put this behind us while you fret over your fascination with scum.

Good luck.

*btw, seeing the ad hominem "scum'......kinda signals to that poor avatar of mine that he has triggered some poor reactionary Trumpaphile.
Call it a B-A-Z-I-N-G-A!, I suppose.
/—-/ Back up your claim with some links like I did.

I'm not interested in debating intangibles like imaginary investors who were squeezed out of the bidding. AFAIK no one has stepped forward and made that claim.

You failed to address my point. The excuse for this process was that it was not a common-law claim, it was a claim in equity.

Under those rules, the disgorgement is restricted to "ill-gotten gains". The "fraud" is falsifying a business record to receive lower interest and insurance rates (so says Engoron). The "ill-gotten gain" then, is the difference between the rate that was paid, and the rate that "should have been paid".

Even if you say the entire proceeds were "ill-gotten gains", you still cannot add the interest differential- that differential is already incorporated into the proceeds.

You can't talk sense to these morons, they're completely brainless and are only parroting what they hear on their TEEVEE. This is the world we live in and the sheer stupidity we have to deal with.

Yes, that's where I got the numbers.

He doesn't offer any explanation for the double-counting...

What you replied to is a classic example that they just believe what their TEEVEE tells them to believe, they think their betters won't lie to them. Fools, the lot of them.

/—-/ "Back up your claim with some links like I did."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York state sees 8.1% increase in new business applications, new report says​

By John Dias
February 19, 2024 / 6:35 PM EST / CBS New York

New York state saw an increase of 8.1%, with Brooklyn filing the most applications, almost 52,000.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York state sees 8.1% increase in new business applications, new report says​

By John Dias
February 19, 2024 / 6:35 PM EST / CBS New York

New York state saw an increase of 8.1%, with Brooklyn filing the most applications, almost 52,000.

/——/ I’m not talking about new pizzerias and gas stations. I’m talking about movers and shakers.

You can't talk sense to these morons, they're completely brainless and are only parroting what they hear on their TEEVEE. This is the world we live in and the sheer stupidity we have to deal with.
You love to proclaim your own intelligence, but sadly we so rarely get to see any evidence of it.

Your arguments are rarely more complex than ad hominems.

Thanks for another example of what i was referring to.

Your comment added absolutely nothing of value, simply an immature attack on me when I wasn't even talking to you. Grow up, better yet I'll add you to my ignore list, talk about adding nothing of value. 🤡

Forum List

Back