Grocery store

I know what the op means. Lately I have noticed that I am the only one standing in line paying for my food. People in front & lanes on both sides are paying with those EBT cards.

Last week I followed two :eusa_snooty:very well dressed women, hair all done up & smelling like a bed of roses.:eusa_snooty: They had a cart load of the finest cuts of steak, corn on the cob, bake potatoes, veggies, Bushes baked beans, cheeses, crackers, dips & all sorts of party foods.:eusa_drool: They had a second cart of wine & beer. They were talking about this big party at their new place. :booze:The booze cart was paid for with cash. :eusa_naughty:CAN YOU BELIEVE THEY PAID WITH AN EBT CARD FOR THAT CART FULL OF STEAK & PARTY FOOD!:hellno: I followed these women out into the parking lot where they got into a BRAND NEW CADILLAC ESCALADE with BIG FANCY WHEELS. :hellno::drillsergeant: Un-fucking believable!!! :drillsergeant::hellno:

I remember my broke & starving college days well.:( I would by those cheap bags of navy beans & boil them in a pot of water to keep down the hunger pains.:( When I could afford it I would get some bacon to put in the beans for flavor.:eusa_boohoo: The best eats I got there was the day McDonald's put a coupon in the campus paper for a free McLean hamburger. I went around to the building entrances where they drop the news paper bundles & cut out 50 coupons. :eusa_angel:Man I thought I had died & gone to heaven.:eusa_angel: I brought extra home & stuffed in the fridge. I ate good for a month.:eusa_pray:

Gave a rep for the most icons in a single post.

Hey! :lol::eusa_shhh::doubt::eek::cool::tongue::confused::eusa_hand::cuckoo::eusa_angel::eusa_whistle:

God no, not Bush's Baked Beans at an entire $1.19 a can, and loaded with fiber...

I want to say, once again, I feel for the elderly, the handicapped, and those who truely can't work or find a job.

Unfortunately, there are is a sizable portion, that just want to live off the system, because it's easier than working.

People keep saying that, but I'd like to see the numbers.

There aren't any.

I work with the population. There's more going on than laziness. Believe me, it's easier to work than it is to live off welfare.

I want to say, once again, I feel for the elderly, the handicapped, and those who truely can't work or find a job.

Unfortunately, there are is a sizable portion, that just want to live off the system, because it's easier than working.

There aren't any.

I work with the population. There's more going on than laziness. Believe me, it's easier to work than it is to live off welfare.

Laziness begets benefits, government benefits begets no initiative

There aren't any.

It is a hell of a lot easier to live off the system if you haven't had a taste of anything better, and don't know anything else.

There aren't any.

It is a hell of a lot easier to live off the system if you haven't had a taste of anything better, and don't know anything else.

This is true. Sadly some people have known nothing else

And it goes deeper...people who don't think they can succeed, for whatever reason, can be very reluctant to go out there and jump into the workforce.

There aren't any.

That is the point I was trying to make earlier. How are kids to learn 'something else' if they never see it?

My niece is married with 4 kids all under the age of 9 years old, her husband is lazy as hell. He will find a job and work but within 6 months he is fired because he is lazy. My niece is one of those Christian stand by your man and believes everything he tells her. He actually has her going out to their church congregation begging for money.

They are on food stamps and he is currently collecting unemployment. He worked at CVS! Man I wish I could knock some sense into that girl!

That is the point I was trying to make earlier. How are kids to learn 'something else' if they never see it?

I spoke of the little baby in the cart. That was also my point

Except you have no idea what the little baby in the cart's story was.

The parents might work full time. You have no idea.

If he's getting unemployment, he was laid off, he didn't quit or no show.
He told his wife he got laid off, but my sister found out he was fired. He worked there a year...the longest he has ever worked at any job.

He is really lazy...you know when she was pregnant with her last child she was working at fast food place, at 8 months she became very ill and had to go to the ER....What did he say...damn now I'll have to cancel the cable. WFT

Except...you can't get unemployment if they fired you for a justifiable cause.

If he's getting unemployment, he was laid off, he didn't quit or no show.
He told his wife he got laid off, but my sister found out he was fired. He worked there a year...the longest he has ever worked at any job.

He is really lazy...you know when she was pregnant with her last child she was working at fast food place, at 8 months she became very ill and had to go to the ER....What did he say...damn now I'll have to cancel the cable. WFT

I have a next door neighbor like that! Grrrr

There aren't any.

My information is going to be anecdotal. I guess it would be hard to get stats for this.

I have a business doing door to door sales. I have run into a lot of "poor people".

I head stories of people whom got laid off, can't get a job for over 3 years, blah blah blah. They are getting welfare and food stamps.

I have offered a job to them doing exactly what I was doing, and almost always they turn me down or don't follow through. They don't even try it. Very few have said yes.

In fact, I now have a moral dilemma. I have salespeople that I pay about $2,000/week.

One guy has ability but is just lazy. He lives with his fiancee, and they just had a baby. Of course, they won't get married, because that would take away from government money for the woman. The woman works for me too or hardly works.

The guy just asked me for copies of his checks for food stamps.

Now, I know this guy that when he works he does great, and makes lots of sales. The problem is that he works very little.

I already told him I would get the copies of the checks to him, but I feel that I am helping him cheat the system too.

Forum List

Back