Grocery store

Yes, I agree. Your OP is aimed a crushing someone's spirit.

Pixie won't admit that she is wrong at all on this one. Typical Repub superiority.

If someone is on welfare or using food stamp cards, they aren't living in luxury.

My opinion will not change on this issue. Typical repub superiority? :rolleyes:

I think it is more like, I know who I am, They call that confidence, not to be confused with the liberal idea of elitism.

I have watched people make huge decisions in their lives based on their welfare or food stamp benefits. They have decided to have more babies and not to get married and lie over and over for their little benefits. Later they regret it, after their children grow up, they are in a position of struggling to find what it is they are suppose to do with their lives.

I think it is very sad.

Maybe you wouldn't feel so bad about it if you just concerned yourself with your own purchases. They can buy anything they want within the guidlines.

Your anger is all about you feeling shitty about your own situation.

Btw, did the woman in this alleged story happen to be Black?

Alot of times they buy those expensive steaks because they can. It's not their money anyway. However I used to work in a grocery store and sometimes they come back several hours later and ask for a refund. They want cash for the steaks which sometime amounts to alot. $60-100 can buy alot of beer.
I don't know about where you live, but I know here, that general store policy is that if you want a refund, it's refunded in the same manner you paid - so, if it's one of those EBT cards, that's what it goes back on. No cash.

Does anyone know if those expensive steaks & other food the EBT buyers are returning for cash can be re-sold or do they have to be disposed of?

Alot of times they buy those expensive steaks because they can. It's not their money anyway. However I used to work in a grocery store and sometimes they come back several hours later and ask for a refund. They want cash for the steaks which sometime amounts to alot. $60-100 can buy alot of beer.
I don't know about where you live, but I know here, that general store policy is that if you want a refund, it's refunded in the same manner you paid - so, if it's one of those EBT cards, that's what it goes back on. No cash.

Does anyone know if those expensive steaks & other food the EBT buyers are returning for cash can be re-sold or do they have to be disposed of?

you cant return ebt purchases for cash. no question about that. the most common way to come up on cash from a stamp account is buying someone $100 of groceries for $50 cash or something.

What part of "you can't return them for cash" did you miss?

Pixie won't admit that she is wrong at all on this one. Typical Repub superiority.

If someone is on welfare or using food stamp cards, they aren't living in luxury.

I think it is more like, I know who I am, They call that confidence, not to be confused with the liberal idea of elitism.

I have watched people make huge decisions in their lives based on their welfare or food stamp benefits. They have decided to have more babies and not to get married and lie over and over for their little benefits. Later they regret it, after their children grow up, they are in a position of struggling to find what it is they are suppose to do with their lives.

I think it is very sad.

Maybe you wouldn't feel so bad about it if you just concerned yourself with your own purchases. They can buy anything they want within the guidlines.

:lol: No she was not black, she was as white as the sheet I wear to my klan meetings :rolleyes:

You need a race card huh?

Attachments

• $1racecard.jpg
    $1racecard.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 42
I'm not judging or hating you.
You are judging and hating on people you don't know. Because they have foodstamps and are spending them on decent food.

That is the point of fs, by the way.

Criticism of a government program that people abuse is hating on someone? What is wrong with you??? :confused:

You weren't criticicizing the program in the first post. You were criticizing the people who buy decent food with an ebt card. Based on your assumptions in a check-out line, and flavored with your resentment that you are having to budget your food while they are buying steaks.

No, she was criticizing someone who was buying the most expensive foods, using taxpayer money, while she has to budget and be careful how she spends her grocery money.

The OP is justified and I completely agree.

I think it is very sad.

The difference is that the woman's purchases are being made with taxpayers' money.

Therefore, it is our business.

The difference is that the woman's purchases are being made with taxpayers' money.

thats ridiculous, buddy. have a brain.

you feel you're justified in doing door-to-door inspections at a housing project because you pay tax?

furthermore, you want to scrutinize people's lives like that, and on that basis? <--- that's where you folks sound pathetic to me.

i pay more tax. should i be all up through your shit commensurate with the taxes i contribute?

dumfux.

thats ridiculous, buddy. have a brain.

you feel you're justified in doing door-to-door inspections at a housing project because you pay tax?

furthermore, you want to scrutinize people's lives like that, and on that basis? <--- that's where you folks sound pathetic to me.

i pay more tax. should i be all up through your shit commensurate with the taxes i contribute?

dumfux.

You completely miss the point (no surprise there).

Given the enormous deficits and debt levels of our government, expecting people to pay taxes so that welfare recipients may enjoy a higher standard of living than those who are footing the bills is insane. If the level of benefits allow for this, they are too rich. We'd be better off lower them, and lowering the taxes on the rest of us.

I fully expect that you will now reply with some personal insult instead of addressing the issue; it would be a pleasant surprise if you posted a civilized response instead.

I think it is very sad.

You don't get to tell anyone what to buy with their food stamp card. Period.

Some of you people think you have a lot more power than you do. There are guidelines they have to follow but not yours. Myob

But the elitist liberals want us to ban fatty foods and kill Ronald McDonald

They killed off the Hamburglar years ago.

*sniff*

:lol: No she was not black, she was as white as the sheet I wear to my klan meetings :rolleyes:

You need a race card huh?

I was "blackballed" from Klan initiation for wearing a silk sheet and singing Barry White songs.

I admit, I really did not do my homework on this one.

You completely miss the point (no surprise there).

Given the enormous deficits and debt levels of our government, expecting people to pay taxes so that welfare recipients may enjoy a higher standard of living than those who are footing the bills is insane. If the level of benefits allow for this, they are too rich. We'd be better off lower them, and lowering the taxes on the rest of us.

I fully expect that you will now reply with some personal insult instead of addressing the issue; it would be a pleasant surprise if you posted a civilized response instead.

a clear point was made that vigilante budget control was justifiable. i didnt miss that, and responded in kind.

its pathetic that people are jealous of the state welfare recipients are in, believe that these people live at a higher standard than themselves, and if that's true, have the gall to claim to be footing the bills.

since we're playing the 'i know what youre going to say game'.. if youre not jealous, why cant you find pride in your position as a working, tax-paying citizen, instead of at the expense of ol' sally foodstamp ?

bottom line is to fit this fantasy, pixie et al have blown the benefit reward far out of proportion and are masturbating to the idea that foodstamp stipends are huge and consumed exclusively by jobless folks cheating the system for crackfixes.

Forum List

Back