Greetings from the Midwest!

SweetSue92

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2018
USA
Hi all, brand new here--you can see from my post, it's number one! I'm Christian, American, conservative--a wife and mother. I love talking politics, religion, history, "big ideas" stuff. I also love to laugh, sing, read, and take naps, and I wonder what we ever did before GIFs, which are the second wonder of the 21st century behind the Smartphone (wait--were smartphones invented for GIFs?).

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue

:welcome:

2033029730-quote-Joe-Lando-i-love-the-midwest-i-think-about-23413.png

Hi all, brand new here--you can see from my post, it's number one! I'm Christian, American, conservative--a wife and mother. I love talking politics, religion, history, "big ideas" stuff. I also love to laugh, sing, read, and take naps, and I wonder what we ever did before GIFs, which are the second wonder of the 21st century behind the Smartphone (wait--were smartphones invented for GIFs?).

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue

Pleased to meet you SweetSue92... politics is a tad on the angry side nowadays but if you have a sense of humor and take naps it will probably help..

Soo .. you make a charming first impression, best to you and see you around ...:)

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue

Welcome to USMB from another new member and fellow conservative.

The USMB is blessed with quite a few brilliant and fiesty conservative women, they make it fun around here..

Thanks Ridgerunner! The Rockies is one of my fave places to travel. Would also LOVE to visit Hawaii one of these days. We shall see. Hoping you've got the lava situation in hand. You all have had some...um, "excitement" in Hawaii lately? Probably wish things would calm down! Thanks again for the welcome.

The USMB is blessed with quite a few brilliant and fiesty conservative women, they make it fun around here..

I am feisty too Lumpy! :10: But I hope kind-hearted...I think I am anyway. Definitely NOT brilliant I can tell you that! But I love to try to keep up. Thank you so much for the kind welcome! I appreciate it.

I am feisty too Lumpy! :10: But I hope kind-hearted...I think I am anyway. Definitely NOT brilliant I can tell you that! But I love to try to keep up. Thank you so much for the kind welcome! I appreciate it.

Trust me, compared to a lot of Leftists on these boards they make my dog look brilliant.

Yes, you have now been awarded brilliance.

Congrats!

Thanks Ridgerunner! The Rockies is one of my fave places to travel. Would also LOVE to visit Hawaii one of these days. We shall see. Hoping you've got the lava situation in hand. You all have had some...um, "excitement" in Hawaii lately? Probably wish things would calm down! Thanks again for the welcome.

I claim The Hoosier as my home and I have family in Illinois... I live with my first wife here in Hawaii... The weather can't be beat here in my book...

Hope you find the place entertaining and fun...

Welcome.

I've noticed lots of new posters recently and you know what's happening in November. I've always found it hard to believe social media can influence the minds of people, but given the educational level of Americans and the amazing amount of dark money the topic is a tough one.

'Trump's campaign spent 7 times more than Obama did at the same point in his last election cycle'

Trump's campaign spent 7 times more than Obama did at the same point in his last election cycle — and nearly half of it is going toward one thing

"Asylum seekers arrested. Families separated. An order to reunite them, only to find that many of them can’t be matched up. And while we were fixated on that (and rightly so) a bill to gut Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, to “balance the budget” barely six months after a huge corporate tax cut."

Did You Think The Gods Were Lying?

"But even that general conclusion is too fast. We will not actually know whether Trump’s election exhibits a failure of democracy until we see whether the institutions of court and congress function to prevent him from carrying out his anti-democratic impulses. We see a failure in our electorate, but institutions may yet save democracy. For example, if the Court rules against Trump’s proposed religious test for immigrants, and his proposal for a religious registry, and does not overturn (as he has proposed) the constitutional protection for flag-burning, or implement his proposal to punish women for having legal abortions, and resists his attempted removal of due process protections for immigrants, and resists the privatization of education as a violation of equal protection, then the damage Trump could do to democracy would be limited to some degree." http://www.thecritique.com/articles/failure-of-democracy/

"Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right" Jane Mayer
Dark Money: The Hidden History of the Billionaires Behind the Rise of the Radical Right by Jane Mayer

Hopefully you have a strong backbone to go with that humor, cause you'll probably need both by the truckload. People are only nice in the intro's because they have to be, many of the other forums it's optional. Once you get to know the critters around here, most of them aren't too bad.

This is for midcan--I cannot quote you due to links at this point, since I am brand new.

Here was my message:

Oh. Well, I've been talking politics since high school, with my literature teacher. Always been a hobby of mine but never wanted to make it anything more. I promise you I'm a regular American lady doing my thing and watching the political world go by. And voting. That's about it. Like many Americans I've got too many scruples to do politics for a living. And I mean that for both sides.

What I'm not sure we can overcome is the above propensity to dismiss the other side--on both sides. But that water is not only under the bridge, it's way, way out to sea now. So, there we are.

Hopefully you have a strong backbone to go with that humor, cause you'll probably need both by the truckload. People are only nice in the intro's because they have to be, many of the other forums it's optional. Once you get to know the critters around here, most of them aren't too bad.

To be honest I will probably stay off the free-for-all area....but other than that, I'm probably good. Since I like politics and have been reading on it for years, I've seen some stuff. Plus, one year I taught seventh grade. That particular class had something like 20 boys and 2 girls, and it was my first year of teaching...I was 23 years old. Is middle school that different from unruly politico-heads??? :04:

This is for midcan--I cannot quote you due to links at this point, since I am brand new.

Here was my message:

Oh. Well, I've been talking politics since high school, with my literature teacher. Always been a hobby of mine but never wanted to make it anything more. I promise you I'm a regular American lady doing my thing and watching the political world go by. And voting. That's about it. Like many Americans I've got too many scruples to do politics for a living. And I mean that for both sides.

What I'm not sure we can overcome is the above propensity to dismiss the other side--on both sides. But that water is not only under the bridge, it's way, way out to sea now. So, there we are.

In order to quote someone, there is a +quote at the bottom right of the message you want to quote...you click on that, then at the bottom of the page where you write your posts there is a white box that says insert quote, click on that, then a box comes up with the message you are quoting and a red box that says insert quote (or something like that) click that and the quote is inserted in the message box...….then you type your response.

You can also do a partial quote & hold down the cursor to highlight what part you want to quote, when you release the cursor, a small box comes up with quote or reply......then go from there

To be honest I will probably stay off the free-for-all area....but other than that, I'm probably good. Since I like politics and have been reading on it for years, I've seen some stuff. Plus, one year I taught seventh grade. That particular class had something like 20 boys and 2 girls, and it was my first year of teaching...I was 23 years old. Is middle school that different from unruly politico-heads??? :04:

I think you'll do fine......though sometimes they're more like 3 year olds coming off a sugar high

Here was my message:

In order to quote someone, there is a +quote at the bottom right of the message you want to quote...you click on that, then at the bottom of the page where you write your posts there is a white box that says insert quote, click on that, then a box comes up with the message you are quoting and a red box that says insert quote (or something like that) click that and the quote is inserted in the message box...….then you type your response.

You can also do a partial quote & hold down the cursor to highlight what part you want to quote, when you release the cursor, a small box comes up with quote or reply......then go from there

Right, maybe I missed something, but the site told me I couldn't quote it yet because there were links embedded and I'm not up to 15 posts yet. And I didn't want to alter the original post in any way. Thanks!

Here was my message:

Right, maybe I missed something, but the site told me I couldn't quote it yet because there were links embedded and I'm not up to 15 posts yet. And I didn't want to alter the original post in any way. Thanks!

ok, sorry about that. I forgot that as a newbie, there is some restrictions. But I also see you have the hang of it anyway and quoting with links will come soon enough. :thup:

Here was my message:

I never have known how to do that. Thanks!

Sending them to the principal = report button

Forum List

Back