Greetings from the Midwest!

Hi all, brand new here--you can see from my post, it's number one! I'm Christian, American, conservative--a wife and mother. I love talking politics, religion, history, "big ideas" stuff. I also love to laugh, sing, read, and take naps, and I wonder what we ever did before GIFs, which are the second wonder of the 21st century behind the Smartphone (wait--were smartphones invented for GIFs?).

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue
Welcome! Always good to have another woman here, and you sound sensible. Both fairly rare around here.

Have a snack and make yourself at home!
upload_2018-7-19_9-26-42.png

Hopefully you have a strong backbone to go with that humor, cause you'll probably need both by the truckload. People are only nice in the intro's because they have to be, many of the other forums it's optional. Once you get to know the critters around here, most of them aren't too bad.

:welcome:

To be honest I will probably stay off the free-for-all area....but other than that, I'm probably good. Since I like politics and have been reading on it for years, I've seen some stuff. Plus, one year I taught seventh grade. That particular class had something like 20 boys and 2 girls, and it was my first year of teaching...I was 23 years old. Is middle school that different from unruly politico-heads??? :04:
Sending them to the principal = report button

I laughed out loud--and there's not much I love more than a laugh! Now there's some advice I can relate to! :lol:

Hi all, brand new here--you can see from my post, it's number one! I'm Christian, American, conservative--a wife and mother. I love talking politics, religion, history, "big ideas" stuff. I also love to laugh, sing, read, and take naps, and I wonder what we ever did before GIFs, which are the second wonder of the 21st century behind the Smartphone (wait--were smartphones invented for GIFs?).

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue
Welcome! Always good to have another woman here, and you sound sensible. Both fairly rare around here.

Have a snack and make yourself at home!
View attachment 205886

Thanks so much...most everyone thinks I'm sensible but my hubby, I just can't hide it from him! Well, we put up with each other's zaniness, let's put it that way. Thanks for the cyber-donuts those are the best kind!

Hopefully you have a strong backbone to go with that humor, cause you'll probably need both by the truckload. People are only nice in the intro's because they have to be, many of the other forums it's optional. Once you get to know the critters around here, most of them aren't too bad.

To be honest I will probably stay off the free-for-all area....but other than that, I'm probably good. Since I like politics and have been reading on it for years, I've seen some stuff. Plus, one year I taught seventh grade. That particular class had something like 20 boys and 2 girls, and it was my first year of teaching...I was 23 years old. Is middle school that different from unruly politico-heads??? :04:
Sending them to the principal = report button

I laughed out loud--and there's not much I love more than a laugh! Now there's some advice I can relate to! :lol:
I taught junior high a couple times. Like jumping on a wild bronco and hoping for the best, is what it seemed like to me.

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue

Moving-animated-picture-of-monkey-giving-thumbs-up-sign.gif

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue

Hoss, it seems we have retired the blob man? You haven't pulled him out in a long time. Not that that is a bad thing.....

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue
Hi and welcome from Billy Bob in Arkansas!

Mike, of course, is not from Arkansas. You might as well put him on ignore right now, Sue.

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue

Hoss, it seems we have retired the blob man? You haven't pulled him out in a long time. Not that that is a bad thing.....

This one?

3.jpg

Or This?
giphy.gif

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue
Welcome Sue

Welcome. Looking forward to your posts.

You seem nice. The libs will be very rude to you. It's what they do. Let me know if you ever need air support:

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue

This one?

3.jpg

Or This?
giphy.gif

That's disturbing but also made me laugh out loud!

Welcome. Looking forward to your posts.

You seem nice. The libs will be very rude to you. It's what they do. Let me know if you ever need air support:

Thanks...I agree and it's getting worse, generally. I do have some sass, hopefully that will help!

Thanks for having me!

--SweetSue

This one?

3.jpg

Or This?
giphy.gif

That's disturbing but also made me laugh out loud!
The pink one is JakeStarkey , the blue one is mudwhistle

The USMB is blessed with quite a few brilliant and fiesty conservative women, they make it fun around here..

I am feisty too Lumpy! :10: But I hope kind-hearted...I think I am anyway. Definitely NOT brilliant I can tell you that! But I love to try to keep up. Thank you so much for the kind welcome! I appreciate it.

You are quite welcome, I'm going with Votto on this, "brilliant" thing.. :lol:

I like fiesty and funny then humble is a plus as well... :113:

The USMB is blessed with quite a few brilliant and fiesty conservative women, they make it fun around here..

I am feisty too Lumpy! :10: But I hope kind-hearted...I think I am anyway. Definitely NOT brilliant I can tell you that! But I love to try to keep up. Thank you so much for the kind welcome! I appreciate it.

Smartest poster on the board is a cat, just saying....

This is for midcan--I cannot quote you due to links at this point, since I am brand new.

Here was my message:

Oh. Well, I've been talking politics since high school, with my literature teacher. Always been a hobby of mine but never wanted to make it anything more. I promise you I'm a regular American lady doing my thing and watching the political world go by. And voting. That's about it. Like many Americans I've got too many scruples to do politics for a living. And I mean that for both sides.

What I'm not sure we can overcome is the above propensity to dismiss the other side--on both sides. But that water is not only under the bridge, it's way, way out to sea now. So, there we are.

In order to quote someone, there is a +quote at the bottom right of the message you want to quote...you click on that, then at the bottom of the page where you write your posts there is a white box that says insert quote, click on that, then a box comes up with the message you are quoting and a red box that says insert quote (or something like that) click that and the quote is inserted in the message box...….then you type your response.

You can also do a partial quote & hold down the cursor to highlight what part you want to quote, when you release the cursor, a small box comes up with quote or reply......then go from there
I never have known how to do that. Thanks!

You're very welcome

Stick to THe Lounge...its nicer. Avoid the basement areas. Assholes galore down there and most are liberals, so anything you say in conservative tones will get you piled on. Don't even read down there. They pick on everyone everywhere whether you post down there or not. It gives them thrills, I guess.

Anyway..you "sound" really nice. I hope you stick around. I am not so nice, myself..but I try to be. :)

Forum List

Back