Votes: 3 8.1%
  • OTHER

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

Nemo Securus

Captain Common Sense
Jun 11, 2008
The Old North State
I just want to get some ideas on who music lovers think was one of our greatest singer-songwriters. I've put some of my opinions on the poll but give me your opinions too please. :eusa_whistle:

nice..

The question I use to stump my music loving friends is, Which is the Greatest Musical Legend: Willie Nelson or Stevie Wonder.

im a little disappointed to see Stevie off your poll, actually. Though, i fully agree with Willie's presence on there.

Doc Pomus.

Or Jimmy Buffett.

Let me qualify Jimmy as a selection...

First, I love his music. Second, there are more songs in his library than the average person will hear, most of them better than the songs he's known for. Third, he has built an empire (trust me, it's an empire) using the success of one song as it's foundation.

My choice was Gram Parsons. He was an amazing song writer that never got too famous. There aren't many rock n roll or country bands that haven't covered him at some time tho. A lot of times with out even knowing it. Heck Willie even covered a song of Grams i think.

Doc Pomus.

Or Jimmy Buffett.

Let me qualify Jimmy as a selection...

First, I love his music. Second, there are more songs in his library than the average person will hear, most of them better than the songs he's known for. Third, he has built an empire (trust me, it's an empire) using the success of one song as it's foundation.

Margaritaville?

Dolly Parton and Chris Christopherson have been incredibly prolific and written songs for all genres...songs people don't associate with them at all.

Johnny Cash's songs are awesome as well.

But in this poll, I think I should probably have voted Willie...I voted other and of this group I think that he would take it.

Forum List

Back