GREAT!: Number Of 401(K) Millionaires Hits Record...

How is having more millionaires a good thing? It's showing we still have responsible people in our country

Equating wealth to responsibility is ludicrous , the reality is the higher up one is in corporate America, the less ethical one needs to be to stay there

As time moves forward SS will keep running out of money. Baby boomers like myself will be retiring within the next ten years, then SS will drain even faster unless somebody does something about it.

Yeah , we keep hearing that canard by the folks that want to privatize it , so it's $$$$ in their back pocket

See, positive things are happening in our country. I know Democrat Fake News tells its sycophants the sky is falling, but it really isn't. There's a lot of good news out there.

A record number of investors became 401(k) millionaires this spring.

At the end of the second quarter, 168,000 people with 401(k)s managed by Fidelity Investments had at least $1 million in their accounts, a rise of 50,000 people from a year earlier when there were 118,000, according to a new study by Fidelity, one of the nation's largest administrators of workplace retirement accounts. While gaining, that exclusive group of savers is still just a fraction of the 16.1 million people who have a 401(k) account managed by the fund company.

Building a million bucks-sized nest egg doesn't happen overnight and is a result of workers who invest for the long term and put a chunk of their savings into stocks.

"Individuals are increasing their savings rates, they're taking advantage of their company match and they're keeping a healthy percentage of stocks in their account,...

Number of Fidelity 401(k) millionaires hits record high
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

How the hell does more millionaires help the common man/woman?

And, 'well duh' there are more millionaires - with the equity markets skyrocketing (on the back of QE, ZIRP/near ZIRP and huge fiscal deficits) since early 2009 - of course there are.

Typical Trumpbot. Has not a clue - nor a care - about reality. Just the good news that Trump wants you to love.

Pathetic. You people are beyond useless (politically, anyway).

Do you currently have a 401(K) plan? If not, you really should look into one. Start thinking about your future... before it's too late.

My future ,as wellas yours, will never be 'secure' if dependent on Government sachs

but thx for asking

~S~

See, positive things are happening in our country. I know Democrat Fake News tells its sycophants the sky is falling, but it really isn't. There's a lot of good news out there.

At the end of the second quarter, 168,000 people with 401(k)s managed by Fidelity Investments had at least $1 million in their accounts, a rise of 50,000 people from a year earlier when there were 118,000, according to a new study by Fidelity, one of the nation's largest administrators of workplace retirement accounts. While gaining, that exclusive group of savers is still just a fraction of the 16.1 million people who have a 401(k) account managed by the fund company.

Building a million bucks-sized nest egg doesn't happen overnight and is a result of workers who invest for the long term and put a chunk of their savings into stocks.

"Individuals are increasing their savings rates, they're taking advantage of their company match and they're keeping a healthy percentage of stocks in their account,...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®
It’s all just 401(k) crumbs.

Yeah, when your as filthy rich as Pelosi is, it does look like crumbs. She represents the worst of the worst Limousine Liberals. I'm shocked she's still serving in our Government. She's such a loon.

As time moves forward SS will keep running out of money. Baby boomers like myself will be retiring within the next ten years, then SS will drain even faster unless somebody does something about it.

Yeah , we keep hearing that canard by the folks that want to privatize it , so it's $$$$ in their back pocket

So what's wrong with handling your own money instead of the government?

How is having more millionaires a good thing? It's showing we still have responsible people in our country

Equating wealth to responsibility is ludicrous , the reality is the higher up one is in corporate America, the less ethical one needs to be to stay there

Maybe, but that has noting to do with what I wrote. Only leftists can say people having more money is a negative thing, or that people taking care of themselves instead of the government doing it for them is a bad thing.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

And, 'well duh' there are more millionaires - with the equity markets skyrocketing (on the back of QE, ZIRP/near ZIRP and huge fiscal deficits) since early 2009 - of course there are.

Typical Trumpbot. Has not a clue - nor a care - about reality. Just the good news that Trump wants you to love.

How is having more millionaires a good thing? It's showing we still have responsible people in our country. It's the irresponsible that become a drain on a nation. Mind you, a million dollars is not going to have people buying professional baseball teams, but it will give them a comfortable lifestyle in the years they need it the most. If all you have is SS to live on, then you're pretty much screwed, and may even end up working until the day you die. I'm a truck driver, and we have several companies (including mine) that have people working past retirement age because they have no choice but to work.

Spot On. SS is in big trouble. Folks better get into those 401(K)'s. It's a matter of survival.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

How is having more millionaires a good thing? It's showing we still have responsible people in our country. It's the irresponsible that become a drain on a nation. Mind you, a million dollars is not going to have people buying professional baseball teams, but it will give them a comfortable lifestyle in the years they need it the most. If all you have is SS to live on, then you're pretty much screwed, and may even end up working until the day you die. I'm a truck driver, and we have several companies (including mine) that have people working past retirement age because they have no choice but to work.
/——/ I Dems hadn’t blocked privatization of SS way back when, we wouldn’t be in this jam. DemocRATs always screw the pooch.

So what's wrong with handling your own money instead of the government?

Yeah i would say, investing your future in Swamp Creatures who've spent us into a dismal $22 Trillion Debt, is a very unwise investment. I wouldn't count on Swamp Creatures to take care of you.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

/——/ I Dems hadn’t blocked privatization of SS way back when, we wouldn’t be in this jam. DemocRATs always screw the pooch.

Imagine what that money would be worth today if that passed. Even if we were limited to 10% of our SS contributions, it would certainly give us more security than SS.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Spot On. SS is in big trouble. Folks better get into those 401(K)'s. It's a matter of survival.

Their solution is just to make people work longer. That's fine and dandy if you sit behind a desk all day or being the guy that interviews an economist on TV. But what about manual labor? Do you want to see a guy installing roofs at the age of 68? How about the guy that dumps your garbage cans? What about the cable installer that has to go up and down that ladder on telephone polls?

I'll even use my profession as an example. If traffic comes to a sudden stop on the highway in bad weather, do you want to be in the car in front of me at 68 years old when I have to come to a screeching halt in a tractor-trailer that weighs over 70,000 lbs?

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

Their solution is just to make people work longer. That's fine and dandy if you sit behind a desk all day or being the guy that interviews an economist on TV. But what about manual labor? Do you want to see a guy installing roofs at the age of 68? How about the guy that dumps your garbage cans? What about the cable installer that has to go up and down that ladder on telephone polls?

I'll even use my profession as an example. If traffic comes to a sudden stop on the highway in bad weather, do you want to be in the car in front of me at 68 years old when I have to come to a screeching halt in a tractor-trailer when I weight over 70,000 lbs?

Oh yeah, Big Brother's gonna keep on pushing that age up. It'll be 80 eventually. The goal being, if they're dead, they can't collect. I'm shocked so many put so much faith in SS. I strongly advise they get on those 401(k)'s.

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

I'll even use my profession as an example. If traffic comes to a sudden stop on the highway in bad weather, do you want to be in the car in front of me at 68 years old when I have to come to a screeching halt in a tractor-trailer when I weight over 70,000 lbs?

Oh yeah, Big Brother's gonna keep on pushing that age up. It'll be 80 eventually. The goal being, if they're dead, they can't collect. I'm shocked so many put so much faith in SS. I strongly advise they get on those 401(k)'s.
That was the original point of SS, most were supposed to be dead by the time they were able to collect. Of course, you cant push SS today with 15% of your pay going to it as something that you are not actually likely to collect...

DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

The left tells us noting is wrong with SS. The Republicans are using scare tactics. Okay, if that's the case, why not lower the age when you can collect and increase the payouts?

They know it's in trouble too, but they refuse to admit it because social programs are the Holy Grail to them. Why else would they support age increases for collecting if it was not in trouble?

Maybe, but that has noting to do with what I wrote. Only leftists can say people having more money is a negative thing, or that people taking care of themselves instead of the government doing it for them is a bad thing.
Some things are better done collectively as part of a government than having everyone do it as individuals

Some things are better done collectively as part of a government than having everyone do it as individuals

I agree and so did our founders. That's why when they wrote the Constitution, they included what our federal government was to be in charge of. And if you look at what the government is in charge of today, over 90% of what they do for the people is not within that Constitution.

The counter argument to that is the founders did not forbid the federal government from doing the things they do today. That is correct, but then ask yourself: if the founders didn't want government involved in those things, why did they list the things they have to be in charge of?

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794

Now ask yourself, if we had always adhered to Madison's words, would we be anywhere near 20 trillion dollars in the hole today?

Now ask yourself, if we had always adhered to Madison's words, would we be anywhere near 20 trillion dollars in the hole today?

Madison could not envision a vampire congress cloaked in the guise of corporatism , sucking the life out of it's constituency

Nor would he have imagined them legislating fiscal weapons such as derivatives turning one's life savings into worthlessness overnight sanctioned as well as rewarded Ray

anti_corporatist_american_flag_by_alpha_90152-d576et7.jpg

I agree and so did our founders. That's why when they wrote the Constitution, they included what our federal government was to be in charge of. And if you look at what the government is in charge of today, over 90% of what they do for the people is not within that Constitution.

The counter argument to that is the founders did not forbid the federal government from doing the things they do today. That is correct, but then ask yourself: if the founders didn't want government involved in those things, why did they list the things they have to be in charge of?

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution that grants Congress the right, of expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."

The Constitution is a framework

They thought it would be better to allow future generations of We the People to decide what government services they needed

By the way, Madison’s Government was in deeper debt than we are

The Constitution is a framework

They thought it would be better to allow future generations of We the People to decide what government services they needed

By the way, Madison’s Government was in deeper debt than we are

Yes, they wanted local governments to decide what their people needed---not the federal government. They understood that a nanny federal government would give them way too much power like we're seeing today. It would be a government virtually impossible to change because of the dependency. Why do you think Democrats strive to get as many people on the dole as possible? Without dependency, there would be no Democrat party.

Forum List

Back