GREAT!: Number Of 401(K) Millionaires Hits Record...

How the hell does more millionaires help the common man/woman?

And, 'well duh' there are more millionaires - with the equity markets skyrocketing (on the back of QE, ZIRP/near ZIRP and huge fiscal deficits) since early 2009 - of course there are.

Typical Trumpbot. Has not a clue - nor a care - about reality. Just the good news that Trump wants you to love.

Pathetic. You people are beyond useless (politically, anyway).

As time moves forward SS will keep running out of money. Baby boomers like myself will be retiring within the next ten years, then SS will drain even faster unless somebody does something about it.

How is having more millionaires a good thing? It's showing we still have responsible people in our country. It's the irresponsible that become a drain on a nation. Mind you, a million dollars is not going to have people buying professional baseball teams, but it will give them a comfortable lifestyle in the years they need it the most. If all you have is SS to live on, then you're pretty much screwed, and may even end up working until the day you die. I'm a truck driver, and we have several companies (including mine) that have people working past retirement age because they have no choice but to work.

Spot On. SS is in big trouble. Folks better get into those 401(K)'s. It's a matter of survival.

Their solution is just to make people work longer. That's fine and dandy if you sit behind a desk all day or being the guy that interviews an economist on TV. But what about manual labor? Do you want to see a guy installing roofs at the age of 68? How about the guy that dumps your garbage cans? What about the cable installer that has to go up and down that ladder on telephone polls?

I'll even use my profession as an example. If traffic comes to a sudden stop on the highway in bad weather, do you want to be in the car in front of me at 68 years old when I have to come to a screeching halt in a tractor-trailer when I weight over 70,000 lbs?

Oh yeah, Big Brother's gonna keep on pushing that age up. It'll be 80 eventually. The goal being, if they're dead, they can't collect. I'm shocked so many put so much faith in SS. I strongly advise they get on those 401(k)'s.
That was the original point of SS, most were supposed to be dead by the time they were able to collect. Of course, you cant push SS today with 15% of your pay going to it as something that you are not actually likely to collect...

Yeah, folks shouldn't count on the Government to save them. SS is in big trouble.

See, positive things are happening in our country. I know Democrat Fake News tells its sycophants the sky is falling, but it really isn't. There's a lot of good news out there.

A record number of investors became 401(k) millionaires this spring.

At the end of the second quarter, 168,000 people with 401(k)s managed by Fidelity Investments had at least $1 million in their accounts, a rise of 50,000 people from a year earlier when there were 118,000, according to a new study by Fidelity, one of the nation's largest administrators of workplace retirement accounts. While gaining, that exclusive group of savers is still just a fraction of the 16.1 million people who have a 401(k) account managed by the fund company.

Building a million bucks-sized nest egg doesn't happen overnight and is a result of workers who invest for the long term and put a chunk of their savings into stocks.

"Individuals are increasing their savings rates, they're taking advantage of their company match and they're keeping a healthy percentage of stocks in their account,...

Number of Fidelity 401(k) millionaires hits record high
DRUDGE REPORT 2018®

And, 'well duh' there are more millionaires - with the equity markets skyrocketing (on the back of QE, ZIRP/near ZIRP and huge fiscal deficits) since early 2009 - of course there are.

Typical Trumpbot. Has not a clue - nor a care - about reality. Just the good news that Trump wants you to love.

As time moves forward SS will keep running out of money. Baby boomers like myself will be retiring within the next ten years, then SS will drain even faster unless somebody does something about it.

How is having more millionaires a good thing? It's showing we still have responsible people in our country. It's the irresponsible that become a drain on a nation. Mind you, a million dollars is not going to have people buying professional baseball teams, but it will give them a comfortable lifestyle in the years they need it the most. If all you have is SS to live on, then you're pretty much screwed, and may even end up working until the day you die. I'm a truck driver, and we have several companies (including mine) that have people working past retirement age because they have no choice but to work.

Spot On. SS is in big trouble. Folks better get into those 401(K)'s. It's a matter of survival.

Their solution is just to make people work longer. That's fine and dandy if you sit behind a desk all day or being the guy that interviews an economist on TV. But what about manual labor? Do you want to see a guy installing roofs at the age of 68? How about the guy that dumps your garbage cans? What about the cable installer that has to go up and down that ladder on telephone polls?

I'll even use my profession as an example. If traffic comes to a sudden stop on the highway in bad weather, do you want to be in the car in front of me at 68 years old when I have to come to a screeching halt in a tractor-trailer when I weight over 70,000 lbs?

Oh yeah, Big Brother's gonna keep on pushing that age up. It'll be 80 eventually. The goal being, if they're dead, they can't collect. I'm shocked so many put so much faith in SS. I strongly advise they get on those 401(k)'s.
SS would have been a lot more sustainable if Congress hadn't kept raiding the piggy bank.

SS would have been a lot more sustainable if Congress hadn't kept raiding the piggy bank.

Yup.

Actually it would be more sustainable if they kept increasing employee/ employer contributions. The reason they didn’t is because more and more people would have been demanding to opt out of it. Democrats couldn’t lose that baby.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

It is in the Declaration of Independence
Healthcare?
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Hapiness
Hahahaha! Now that is a stretch......unless you're a liberal.
Do you know what Life is?
It context of the Declaration , it hasn't anything to do with healthcare.......unless you're a liberal.
Same concept

Our founders considered your life as an inalienable right. Healthcare will determine your life more than any other program

Healthcare?
It context of the Declaration , it hasn't anything to do with healthcare.......unless you're a liberal.
Same concept

Our founders considered your life as an inalienable right. Healthcare will determine your life more than any other program
Just admit it, there is no place in the Declaration that says anything about healthcare, RW.

Same concept

Just admit it, there is no place in the Declaration that says anything about healthcare, RW.

Nope. Healthcare should be kicked back to the private sector where it belongs.

Same concept

You mean where 10% of the population has no access at all, and and premiums were going up at 10 times the rate of inflation or averages wages? You have the highest health care costs and lowest life expectancy of any first world country. 30% of your countries personal bankruptcies are related to health care costs.

You’re also the only first world country without universal government funded health care.

And your life expectancy is declining.

Same concept

You mean where 10% of the population has no access at all, and and premiums were going up at 10 times the rate of inflation or averages wages? You have the highest health care costs and lowest life expectancy of any first world country. 30% of your countries personal bankruptcies are related to health care costs.

You’re also the only first world country without universal government funded health care.

First off, the most outrageous claim that medical bills caused or were related to bankruptcy was just over a half million a year, and that was even proven to be very inaccurate. 30% of 330 million people is not 643,000.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/643000-bankruptcies-in-the-u-s-every-year-due-to-medical-bills/

Secondly, we have a huge drug problem in this country and most families are two income meaning the expecting mothers often skip prenatal care and work until she cannot physically work any longer. Infant mortality has little to do with our healthcare.

Life expectancy is another one affected by drug use, murders, and automobile accidents all which usually involve younger people. Most of the people who die under are medical care are seniors who are on Medicare--a government program. We also have a diet problem in this country as well leading to all kinds of illnesses.

So your claim that our problems are all directly related to the kind of healthcare we have is completely false.

Healthcare?
Same concept

You have a right to life---not a guarantee to life. Rights are not funded by the federal government.

Same concept

Inalienable rights given by God

Same concept

You have a right to life---not a guarantee to life. Rights are not funded by the federal government.
Doesn’t say they can’t be

Same concept

Yes, and still not a word about healthcare.

Your hung up about life, and you believe in abortion. I don't know how a person could reconcile that

Same concept

Doesn’t say they can’t be

rolling eyes.gif

Same concept

Got news for ya kid, your Communist leadership doesn't believe in God. They don't believe in the Constitution either.

Same concept

Got news for ya kid, your Communist leadership doesn't believe in God. They don't believe in the Constitution either.

Looks like money's your God. Better be careful. Judgement day's just around the corner.

Same concept

Looks like money's your God. Better be careful. Judgement day's just around the corner.

And what does money have to do with God? If you try to use scripture, be prepared as I've argued this subject before.

Same concept

First off, the most outrageous claim that medical bills caused or were related to bankruptcy was just over a half million a year, and that was even proven to be very inaccurate. 30% of 330 million people is not 643,000.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/643000-bankruptcies-in-the-u-s-every-year-due-to-medical-bills/

Secondly, we have a huge drug problem in this country and most families are two income meaning the expecting mothers often skip prenatal care and work until she cannot physically work any longer. Infant mortality has little to do with our healthcare.

Life expectancy is another one affected by drug use, murders, and automobile accidents all which usually involve younger people. Most of the people who die under are medical care are seniors who are on Medicare--a government program. We also have a diet problem in this country as well leading to all kinds of illnesses.

So your claim that our problems are all directly related to the kind of healthcare we have is completely false.
Even more than that is our McLifestyle. Americans in general live in a culture of excess, fast cars, big steaks and stronger drugs.

That lifestyle is the number one reason that we have shortened out lifespans.

Same concept

Even more than that is our McLifestyle. Americans in general live in a culture of excess, fast cars, big steaks and stronger drugs.

That lifestyle is the number one reason that we have shortened out lifespans.

Hell, just look at what goes on in Chicago every week, and then consider they don't have the highest murder or shooting rate per capita. I started a post last week about the city where a 13 year old shot two people killing one of them who was 16 years old. The cops let the parent pickup the kid and take him home like they nabbed him for curfew or something like that. They say he'll be charged with "weapons violations" instead of murder.

Yeah, things like that drastically reduce our average lifespan in this country.

Same concept

It's not about money being a God. It's about getting old and having a retirement. I wouldn't rely on SS. It is in big trouble. Get into a 401(k) as soon as possible. You need to think about your future.

Forum List

Back