Great Job by Bill Clinton: Gets N Korea to pardon US Journalists

It's amazing how some assholes on this forum find this as an opportunity to insult Obama.

This is proof positive that diplomacy works. We sat down and we talked to the leader of North Korea.
It was a trade off and what was the trade?
It wasn't just sitting and talking

Leaves the impression of next time I want something Ill grab 3

Sorry, Obama's success bothers you.

Hahahaha .. what a joke.
The shit stain couldn't get out of a paper bag unless the instructions were on the inside. Wait they don't read anyway.

The journalists from the San Francisco-based media outlet co-founded by Al Gore, Clinton's vice president,

"We especially want to thank President Bill Clinton for taking on such an arduous mission and Vice President Al Gore for his tireless efforts to bring Laura and Euna home."

Clinton's negotiated release of journalists: The wider effect

Last edited:
It was a trade off and what was the trade?
It wasn't just sitting and talking

Leaves the impression of next time I want something Ill grab 3

Man the Democrats love negotiating with Terrorists. Keep giving in Bill, just like you did during your Presidency and we all saw what that got us, 9/11.

9/11 occurred during Bush's presidency, after Bush was warned in a secret briefing paper that Bin Laden was "determined to attack America."

At the beginning of Bush's Presidency after 8 years of Clinton kissing their asses and turning his back to them so they could build up their strength. Clinton was the best thing that ever happened to and for Osama Bin Laden until now.

While I'm happy that these women are now safe, I wonder what the price was?

A deal with the Devil was made by Clinton and the Obama administration. I am sure Willy is excited to be locked in an airplane for several hours with two young women who cant run away from his forceful advances, hell that is why he made the trip.

...way to drop a turd on a good news story, dude. I'm sure the two lives Clinton is bringing back from NK are a bit less cynical than your kind of standard issue blowhard.

kudos to thoe of you on the right able to stand above partisanship on this one.

And the "Poor Choice of Words" Award goes to.....:D

North Korea's official news agency said leader Kim Jong Il has pardoned two American journalists and ordered their release.
The official Korean Central News Agency said early Wednesday from Pyongyang that the order was issued following a request from former President Bill Clinton. Clinton flew to the North Korean capital on Tuesday on a mission to negotiate the release of Laura Ling and Euna Lee, reporters for former Vice President Al Gore's Current TV media venture.

Even before word of the pardon, analysts agreed that Clinton's visit to North Korea to free the reporters could be an opening for a thaw in relations between the two countries.

In a surprise visit to Pyongyang, Clinton met with North Korean leader Kim Jong II, holding "exhaustive" talks that covered a wide range of topics, state-run media said.

:clap2:

Another Democratic former President conducting US foreign policy. This one's better though ... he cut the his own party's POTUS, not to mention his wife, the Secretary of State off at the knees pandering to a retard.

Yeah, great job.:rolleyes:

The price was having a former POTUS pretending to take that government seriously.

Basically Clinton stroked Kim's ego long enough to get those two women freed.

The price was having a former POTUS pretending to take that government seriously.

Basically Clinton stroked Kim's ego long enough to get those two women freed.

How do you know that? We may never know what the price was. I hope you're right, but I'd be more inclined to believe that the US had to give something to NK in return for freedom.

North Korea's official news agency said leader Kim Jong Il has pardoned two American journalists and ordered their release.
The official Korean Central News Agency said early Wednesday from Pyongyang that the order was issued following a request from former President Bill Clinton. Clinton flew to the North Korean capital on Tuesday on a mission to negotiate the release of Laura Ling and Euna Lee, reporters for former Vice President Al Gore's Current TV media venture.

Even before word of the pardon, analysts agreed that Clinton's visit to North Korea to free the reporters could be an opening for a thaw in relations between the two countries.

In a surprise visit to Pyongyang, Clinton met with North Korean leader Kim Jong II, holding "exhaustive" talks that covered a wide range of topics, state-run media said.

:clap2:

IMHO, it was a good thing that Clinton and Gore worked to free the journalists that were captured in North Korea while on assignment for Gore's news network, which led to their capture to begin with.

So how does this reflect on the "You can't negotiate with the axis of evil" doctrine of the republicans. How have threats and namecalling worked for the republicans so far? N Korea and Iran both developed nuclear capabilities in spite of Bush's threats and posturing.
A little diplomacy can go a long way. Especially with a new regime coming in N Korea

Man the Democrats love negotiating with Terrorists. Keep giving in Bill, just like you did during your Presidency and we all saw what that got us, 9/11.

9/11 occurred during Bush's presidency, after Bush was warned in a secret briefing paper that Bin Laden was "determined to attack America."

At the beginning of Bush's Presidency after 8 years of Clinton kissing their asses and turning his back to them so they could build up their strength. Clinton was the best thing that ever happened to and for Osama Bin Laden until now.

don't insult the boy of Chris' dreams like that.

I love it. For this story, we have some on the left asserting that if it was Bush in office, we would have already nuked NK and invaded another country. Good try assholes. At the same time, we have those on the right questioning how much this will cost us.

It amazes me that we can't just be grateful that the current administration didn't make this political, and instead found a way to get these women back home.

Forum List

Back