Great article on obesity.

The 'go outside and play' ship has sailed long ago. It happened to me and my friends when we got television back in the early 1950's. Most outdoor activities stopped in favor of watching tv, even in the summertime. It's even worse today with smartphones and video games, and of course the proliferation of junk foods.
I agree with that sadly…though TV was less of a factor in my childhood, we were kicked outside to play…free range childhood.

I agree with that sadly…though TV was less of a factor in my childhood, we were kicked outside to play…free range childhood.
Same here, when my dad wanted peace and quiet, he kicked us out, rain or shine, or snow.

Rather lengthy but worth the time.

Parents who allow and even promote their kids getting morbidly obese should be punished for child abuse:

OIP.UEf-LrSW431ncthCRcVWnAHaD5

OIP.yr0SC6ck9V17EMV6yyGUuAHaDt

A high carb diet mostly consisting of sugar is at the core of this epidemic.

Yes there are certain disorders and genetic disposition that might make one more likely to gain fat faster, but these are few and far between and most cases are people self-diagnosing because it’s human nature to not want to take responsibility.

But in 99% of cases it really is as simple as “eat less, exercise more”

Forum List

Back