Granddaughter yanks grandma's feeding tube

If legit,this is disgusting. I did see on the news where,as smarter posted,that a living will will not protect people. It's not technical enough I guess. He said you almost have to write everything down yourself and sign. Who knows,that probably wouldn't be good enough either.

I would think, that after a parents or spouse,a brother or sister should be considered the closest of kin. It just makes me so sad that people just don't take the gift of life very serious. You have a woman that specifically said she didn't want to be starved to death,and the courts ignore it. Un freakin believable.

Kathianne said:
I don't think the American people will accept euthanasia, which this is all about. Time will tell of course, but I certainly cannot understand something like this.

That's the thing about the slippery slope. Its' accomplished baby-step by baby-step. One can make excuses for each step, and they don't notice that soon they're hanging over the edge of the cliff.

Mr. P said:
Which News sites are reporting this?

None so far, but does that make it a false story? It would go against what the MSM was force-feeding everybody duing Terri's case about how if she had just had a living will....

Like I said, call the numbers yourself and check it out if you don't believe the story.

freeandfun1 said:
None so far, but does that make it a false story? It would go against what the MSM was force-feeding everybody duing Terri's case about how if she had just had a living will....

Like I said, call the numbers yourself and check it out if you don't believe the story.

Exactly.

Bonnie said:
Thank you for putting this up, you really took the time to check this out.

Thanks Bonnie. This had been floating around for a couple of days before I would post it, mainly cuz I didn't want to get duped either. Once WorldNetDaily picked it up, I figured it is probably true since I haven't seen them run any BS yet (not saying they haven't, just saying I haven't seen any). They remind me of the Jewish site debka.com. Many say it is propoganda because they report some pretty wild stuff. The thing is, if you keep track, it eventually does get picked up by somebody and proves to be right. They just seem to be ahead of the pack often.

freeandfun1 said:
None so far, but does that make it a false story?...
No, but neither does it only being posted on bloggs and right to life sites make it credible. Especially with all the unanswered questions. Like I said...I wait and see.

krisy said:
If legit,this is disgusting. I did see on the news where,as smarter posted,that a living will will not protect people. It's not technical enough I guess. He said you almost have to write everything down yourself and sign. Who knows,that probably wouldn't be good enough either.

I would think, that after a parents or spouse,a brother or sister should be considered the closest of kin. It just makes me so sad that people just don't take the gift of life very serious. You have a woman that specifically said she didn't want to be starved to death,and the courts ignore it. Un freakin believable.

When my father lay dying, (two years ago, April 6) The doctors told us that a living will meant nothing, and my sister who is a nurse in cardiac ICU corroborated. The only thing to do was to pick someone you could trust and give them power of attorney. But evidently, as we can see, this doesn't always work out, either. Only a moral people can remain free. We just see this over and over in different scenarios in our society.

Mr. P said:
No, but neither does it only being posted on bloggs and right to life sites make it credible. Especially with all the unanswered questions. Like I said...I wait and see.

You don't consider WorldNetDaily legit? Why, because they tend to report on stories religiously motivated?

They have been used as legit sources on here many times before....

freeandfun1 said:

It doesn't make it a "false" story at all.. Just...some people have different preferences on what they consider to be the source of legitimate information... Some people just wait for someone they've "heard of and know to be a reliable source" before they believe anything - kind of like you did with WND...

Mr. P said:
Pretty much the exact same story...and the Gwinnett Daily is pretty much a neighborhood/county sort of paper. Not that they may not be correct but the story is a dup.

And you don't think they would check out the story before picking it up off the wire? Well, I guess if the NYT's printed it you would believe it even though they have been busted on more than one occassion printing false stories.... hmmmm.

Have you called the numbers?

I just talked to the guy myself. He was just on Glenn Beck,and also told me that The Atlanta Journal Constitution is going to be running a story about it this weekend. He said it may or may not be on Glenn Beck's website. I'm going to check now. He also told me that the Schindlers lawyers have offered to take on the case pro bono.

krisy said:
I just talked to the guy myself. He was just on Glenn Beck,and also told me that The Atlanta Journal Constitution is going to be running a story about it this weekend. He said it may or may not be on Glenn Beck's website. I'm going to check now. He also told me that the Schindlers lawyers have offered to take on the case pro bono.

Glenn Beck? C'mon, he ain't a legit source - that right-wing whacko! :rolleyes:

Thanks Krisy! I appreciate you taking the time to also verify the story!

Np problem free. I have never done anything like that,but I wanted to settle it. His phone was beeping constantly while I was talking to him. He was very nice,but very fired up about it. He had to get off because his mothers lawyers were calling. You ought to call,he is very willing to talk.

freeandfun1 said:
Glenn Beck? C'mon, he ain't a legit source - that right-wing whacko! :rolleyes:

Thanks Krisy! I appreciate you taking the time to also verify the story!

Glenn was totally shocked about it. Heck im shocked over it. This whole story is hard to believe. But then its hard to believe people gased 6 million jews sometimes too. But it happened. Its hard to believe that pol pot executed 21 million or so but it happened.

If you want I can ask Glenn if the whole thing is legit when I see him tonight, well if i get a chance to talk with him. Although chances are I will.

Glenn was totally shocked about it. Heck im shocked over it. This whole story is hard to believe. But then its hard to believe people gased 6 million jews sometimes too. But it happened. Its hard to believe that pol pot executed 21 million or so but it happened.

If you want I can ask Glenn if the whole thing is legit when I see him tonight, well if i get a chance to talk with him. Although chances are I will.

Where are you goin to see him,Avatar?

Forum List

Back