Governor Chris Christie to Navy SEAL veteran: "STFU idiot".

.[/quote]I disagree. Conservatives place emphasis on the individual. Liberals place emphasis on the collective.[/QUOTE]

That is an over-generalization. The definition of conservatism is a philosphy to maintain the traditional institutions of this country and except, at most, gradual change to these institututions. Liberalism is the belief in liberty and individual rights. The word comes from the Latin word liberalis. Liberalism supports change in society to support its beliefs. The use of these words in politics dates back to the 18th century. Thus, by definition, liberalism values individual rights, while conservatism emphasizes collective thought to maintain existing institutions.

Now these definitions do not strictly play out in American politics. In the aforementioned political correctness, liberals wish to use government intervention to protect individual rights. Such use of government intervention can actual constrict the individual rights of others. This is also true on many other issues. Conservatism in this country wishes to limit government intervention. Thus government would be less likely to constrict the individual rights of citizens.

My point is simply that neither conservatives or liberals have a monopoly on individual or collective thinking, which I repeat for the thick-headed. Now I am sure you may continue to post to "win the argument" to your satisfaction. I have neither the time or inclination to continue and I can observe from your over 27,000 posts on this board that you have nothing better to do.

Ask Fox News...

Navy SEAL Confronts Christie, Security Boots Him - Chris Christie - Fox Nation

Navy SEAL Confronts Christie, Security Boots Him

Former Navy SEAL booted from Gov. Christie town hall after heated exchange

Published: Thursday, March 08, 2012, 7:37 PM Updated: Friday, March 09, 2012, 6:49 AM

did Fox news title your thread,or did you?.....

Duh... I did of course and I already stated that that emphasis (thread title) was mine and mine alone because it is allowed on this forum. Until such things are not allowed... STFU, please. Thank you. :lol:

so you are just another dishonest asshole......gotcha....

Ask Fox News...

Navy SEAL Confronts Christie, Security Boots Him - Chris Christie - Fox Nation

Navy SEAL Confronts Christie, Security Boots Him

Former Navy SEAL booted from Gov. Christie town hall after heated exchange

Published: Thursday, March 08, 2012, 7:37 PM Updated: Friday, March 09, 2012, 6:49 AM

did Fox news title your thread,or did you?.....

Duh... I did of course and I already stated that that emphasis (thread title) was mine and mine alone because it is allowed on this forum. Until such things are not allowed... STFU, please. Thank you. :lol:

Shut up? Never we enjoy antagonizing mental midgets such as you. :eek:

I disagree. Conservatives place emphasis on the individual. Liberals place emphasis on the collective.

That is an over-generalization. The definition of conservatism is a philosphy to maintain the traditional institutions of this country and except, at most, gradual change to these institututions. Liberalism is the belief in liberty and individual rights. The word comes from the Latin word liberalis. Liberalism supports change in society to support its beliefs. The use of these words in politics dates back to the 18th century. Thus, by definition, liberalism values individual rights, while conservatism emphasizes collective thought to maintain existing institutions.

Now these definitions do not strictly play out in American politics. In the aforementioned political correctness, liberals wish to use government intervention to protect individual rights. Such use of government intervention can actual constrict the individual rights of others. This is also true on many other issues. Conservatism in this country wishes to limit government intervention. Thus government would be less likely to constrict the individual rights of citizens.

My point is simply that neither conservatives or liberals have a monopoly on individual or collective thinking, which I repeat for the thick-headed. Now I am sure you may continue to post to "win the argument" to your satisfaction. I have neither the time or inclination to continue and I can observe from your over 27,000 posts on this board that you have nothing better to do.
xpwarningarrogant.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back