Government Will Take Almost Half Your Paycheck in 2013

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
How high is the marginal tax rate on each additional dollar the average American earns? In other words, if you got a raise of one dollar, how much of that dollar would be taxed away? These rates are already high, and they’re getting higher next year.

special-middle-class-marginal-tax-rates-REV.jpg

Government Will Take Almost Half Your Paycheck in 2013

This is great news. With all that revenue the government should be able to balance a budget and start paying down debt.

:cow:

This is nonsense. I'm looking at my pay stub. There is a total of 22% withheld from my check.

I am single, no dependents, so in my case I won't get any of the income tax portion of that back.

22% is not 50%. btw, I'm in NY so my state tax, which is included, is relatively high.

Again, this nonsense.

This is nonsense. I'm looking at my pay stub. There is a total of 22% withheld from my check.

I am single, no dependents, so in my case I won't get any of the income tax portion of that back.

22% is not 50%. btw, I'm in NY so my state tax, which is included, is relatively high.

Again, this nonsense.

Does that include state and local taxes? Property taxes? Read before you comment:eusa_eh:

Again, this nonsense.

I should add that the above total deduction includes my share of my employer provided health insurance, so the percentage would be slightly lower.

PLUS, my income includes my employer's share of my healthcare, my employer's contribution to my retirement, my employer's share of my payroll tax, none of which is subjected to the taxes referred to but all of which is part of my income, i.e., my compensation for my job.

Again, this nonsense.

Does that include state and local taxes? Property taxes? Read before you comment:eusa_eh:

State, yes. Local, no.

Now, answer my question. Does your chart take into account the amount of your income that is exempted from taxes?

Again, this nonsense.

I should add that the above total deduction includes my share of my employer provided health insurance, so the percentage would be slightly lower.

PLUS, my income includes my employer's share of my healthcare, my employer's contribution to my retirement, my employer's share of my payroll tax, none of which is subjected to the taxes referred to but all of which is part of my income, i.e., my compensation for my job.

Humm...Is that an evil corporation? Do you have a premium healthcare policy? If so you'll be taxed more on that under Obama care

Again, this nonsense.

State, yes. Local, no.

Now, answer my question. Does your chart take into account the amount of your income that is exempted from taxes?

property tax?

Government has always taken close to half your paycheck.

And yet somehow we've managed to survive.

No, it rarely does. These bogus calculations are made against your TAXABLE income, which is a much lower number than your gross income.

These bogus calculations also do not take into account the part of your income that is compensation not included in your wages.

For example, in my case, I get 14,000 in benefits above and beyond the wage number that goes on my federal and state income tax returns.

I use tax deductions for business to lower my tax bill. I end uo paying around 15% Fed, 6% state
So a total of 21% not 50%

Forum List

Back