Government Will Take Almost Half Your Paycheck in 2013

in all levels of taxation, the government has been confiscating close to or over 50% of my pay for a while...

I bet though, if the free loaders and entitlement junkies would be taxed to the same degree, suddenly they would be calling for lower tax rates and be worried about the wasteful and extensive government spending that facilitates the taxation

you have that exactly right. What we need is a fair flat tax. Everybody needs some skin in the game. and we should all be treated equally as far as taxation goes.

Good luck fighting the plutocrats over that issue, it is the lobby industry which guides this nation.

Can you list the people you'd like to raise taxes on? The elderly surviving on social security? Those who care for their family on less than 25,000 a year? The disabled?

Anyone who is not paying federal income tax currently... being a proponent of the true flat tax with the elimination of deductions, loopholes, etc, if that means you go from zero to paying 15% or whatever rate is determined, so be it...

There is no reason at all why so many have been taken out of 'the game' on federal income taxation.. you want equality in treatment, it comes with taxation too

Hey, don't get pissy jusy because you earn 200k more a year than me. Find more deductions.

Oh.. I use deductions.. charity donation, mortgage interest etc...

I, however, would rather have a system with a flat tax without any bullshit deductions.. and lesser in government spending to bring about a lower tax rate...

There is NO reason for the government to lay claim to half of anyone's paycheck

According to obama's father, the man who provided obama's dreams, the more money the government takes, the more benefits it will provide. It's okay for the government to take 100% not 50%, if the government provides subsistence benefits.

Once the government takes so much money that an individual can no longer do for themselves, the can expect to live in government housing, get EBT cards, obamacare, and every other form of government hand out. Soon it will become the norm. Then the people will reject the entire idea of getting to keep their own money and spending it where they choose. They will feel like something is being taken from them.

This is nonsense. I'm looking at my pay stub. There is a total of 22% withheld from my check.

I am single, no dependents, so in my case I won't get any of the income tax portion of that back.

22% is not 50%. btw, I'm in NY so my state tax, which is included, is relatively high.

Again, this nonsense.

Shithead, how nice of you to defend your high tax rate. You're not including another 7% that you're earning, but doesn't show up anywhere on your paystub. Plus another 8% in sales tax. That brings your tax bill to 37%. Then there's still more taxes and government fees, like the 2 to 4% of your income going to property taxes. You're easily paying twice as much in taxes than Romney (or any billionaire), even though you're poor compared to him.

The only thing wrong with the OP is that the author conflates marginal rate with effective rate. The middle-class, even the upper-middle, pays an effective federal income tax of less than 28%

This is nonsense. I'm looking at my pay stub. There is a total of 22% withheld from my check.

I am single, no dependents, so in my case I won't get any of the income tax portion of that back.

22% is not 50%. btw, I'm in NY so my state tax, which is included, is relatively high.

Again, this nonsense.

Shithead, how nice of you to defend your high tax rate. You're not including another 7% that you're earning, but doesn't show up anywhere on your paystub. Plus another 8% in sales tax. That brings your tax bill to 37%. Then there's still more taxes and government fees, like the 2 to 4% of your income going to property taxes. You're easily paying twice as much in taxes than Romney (or any billionaire), even though you're poor compared to him.

The only thing wrong with the OP is that the author conflates marginal rate with effective rate. The middle-class, even the upper-middle, pays an effective federal income tax of less than 28%

But wasn't the argument that the OP provided only applying to Payroll, State and Federal.

Not sales and property?

NYcarbineer's argument still holds water.

Last edited:
The 3-4% annual monetary inflation?
The 1.4 trillion in deficit spending leading to my share of the national debt to be 1.18 million of the 16 trillion in national debt (plus entitlement share of the below)?
The 120 trillion in unfunded liability for SS/medicare/prescription drug plans?

The majority of what you listed is paid for via state, local, and property taxes, not federal.

Indeed it is!

Perhaps I can direct your attention to the image that the OP posted:

special-middle-class-marginal-tax-rates-REV.jpg

Strange, it seems to mention something.. Something about Federal, Local taxes combined.

See, I just proved the relevance of my post. :eusa_clap:

My point was made to illustrate that the fed is way too big and takes much more than it should need. But, how would they control the states then? Oh, the dilemma...

The 3-4% annual monetary inflation?
The 1.4 trillion in deficit spending leading to my share of the national debt to be 1.18 million of the 16 trillion in national debt (plus entitlement share of the below)?
The 120 trillion in unfunded liability for SS/medicare/prescription drug plans?

Perhaps you should pay more taxes then? :lol:

My share of city taxation that subsidizes my commuter transport that I also pay again to ride?
The failing infrastructure that damages my vehicle every time I drive around?

Which return on investment are you referring too here?

The chance I make it to requirement age to reclaim a share of the money taken from SS should the program still be viable if i reach that age?

Last edited:
The majority of what you listed is paid for via state, local, and property taxes, not federal.

Indeed it is!

Strange, it seems to mention something.. Something about Federal, Local taxes combined.

The rates you posted are lies for the average person. A 28% effective tax rate for federal income taxes is for the highest income earners.

Same ol', same ol'. Just as valid as 'legitimate rape'.

Try to stick to the issue idiot. I know it's hard for liberals

IMPOSSIBLE is more like it. Liberals finding themselves unable to defend their views on a subject, will deflect to another target under the same subject or just change the subject...or they just holler "bullshit"...whichever is easier.

Liberalism is a mental disorder!

Indeed it is!

The rates you posted are lies for the average person. A 28% effective tax rate for federal income taxes is for the highest income earners.

No, it is not. The brackets are as follows.:

Tax Rate Single Married, Filing Jointly Married, Filing Separately Head of Household
10% $0 – $8,700 $0 – $17,400 $0 – $8,700 $0 – $12,400
15% $8,700 – $35,350 $17,400 – $70,700 $8,700 – $35,350 $12,400 – $47,350
25% $35,350 – $85,650 $70,700 – $142,700 $35,350 – $71,350 $47,350 - $122,300
28% $85,650 – $178,650 $142,700 – 217,450 $71,350 – $108,725 $122,300 – $198,050
33% $178,650 – $388,350 $217,450 – $388,350 $108,725 – $194,175 $198,050 – $388,350
35% Over $388,350 Over $388,350 Over $194,175 Over $388,350

This is for 2012, sso make the adjustment for 2013. Which is the charts point. But again, LOLberals are not good at math or economics.

But not Willard Mitt's paycheck.

That's because he doesn't get a paycheck you idiot.
Willard Mitt, rhymes with...., got a $100,000 paycheck from Bain without even showing up, so how do you know how many other no show paychecks he gets?

Was it a paycheck or a dividend disbursement.

There is a difference you know.

And if it was a paycheck then he did pay the same earned income tax rate that anyone else getting a 100K salary would have paid.

it's pointless to argue with LOLberals on math, taxation adn economics. They do not understand these subjects. It's all part of living in fantasyland.

Forum List

Back