Government to regulate ordinary social behavior

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2011
What are you thinking about. Who are your friends? What are your opinions? What do you like to do? What are your hobbies?

There is no thought too mundane for the government to regulate.

Government Seeking Inclusion of ?Social and Behavioral? in Health Records | Washington Free Beacon

The project sets out to identify “core data standards for behavioral and social determinants of health to be included in EHRs.”

Critics suggested this would create new bureaucracies and negatively impact health care.

“This sounds like an example of the federal government further intruding on the practice of medicine,” said Chris Jacobs, a senior policy analyst at the Heritage Foundation.

“It’s including more pay for performance requirements on physicians to collect all sorts of data in order to get government reimbursements,” he said.

The collection of this massive amount of data is totally voluntary. Completely. No doctor has to be the government snoop. They just won't be paid if they aren't.

What are you thinking about. Who are your friends? What are your opinions? What do you like to do? What are your hobbies?

Government Seeking Inclusion of ?Social and Behavioral? in Health Records | Washington Free Beacon

The project sets out to identify “core data standards for behavioral and social determinants of health to be included in EHRs.”

Critics suggested this would create new bureaucracies and negatively impact health care.

“This sounds like an example of the federal government further intruding on the practice of medicine,” said Chris Jacobs, a senior policy analyst at the Heritage Foundation.

“It’s including more pay for performance requirements on physicians to collect all sorts of data in order to get government reimbursements,” he said.

The collection of this massive amount of data is totally voluntary. Completely. No doctor has to be the government snoop. They just won't be paid if they aren't.

That is not at all what this is about. They want a person's psychiatric records included in the chart. That will make it easier to do things like take guns away from people.

What's really sad is that now there are a lot of veterans who are not getting the care they need for their PTSD because they know to do so will send up a red flag and they will lose their right to bear arms.

I feel like we've been transported to the totalitarian planet in "A Wrinkle In Time".

What time are the boys supposed to go outside and bounce a ball on the sidewalk?

What will be the penalty for lying? Will it be perjury?

I like long walks on the beach, ballroom dancing and I smoke marijuana regularly. Prove me wrong.

Looks like there will be more none of your business answers to my doctors questions. I've told them that before and have no problem doing it again.

How can what you like and do be established by doctors or by a record? Do we have to fill out questionnaires now?

Last edited:
Since the payment to doctors is directly contingent on providing this information to the government either your doctor will drop you as a patient, or might lie on your behalf.

Since obamacare, my doctor dropped out and retired early. Maybe he just did something else. His practice is now being taken care of by a physician's assistant who had no problem whatsoever with fabricating my medical records to be "ordinary".

These are electronic medical records. It's not like you will have access to them when the receptionist makes you a copy of your file. Many doctors might just fill in a standard profile to get paid.

Since the payment to doctors is directly contingent on providing this information to the government either your doctor will drop you as a patient, or might lie on your behalf.

Since obamacare, my doctor dropped out and retired early. Maybe he just did something else. His practice is now being taken care of by a physician's assistant who had no problem whatsoever with fabricating my medical records to be "ordinary".

These are electronic medical records. It's not like you will have access to them when the receptionist makes you a copy of your file. Many doctors might just fill in a standard profile to get paid.

Finally. Even you admit you're crazy as a bed bug and had to get the doctors office to "fabricate" your medical records as to show "ordinary". :cuckoo:

Hell the doctor knows you're crazy. LMAO. To fukin funnnnnnny.

Ask that doctor about changing your DNA while you are "visiting".

Finally. Even you admit you're crazy as a bed bug and had to get the doctors office to "fabricate" your medical records as to show "ordinary". :cuckoo:

Only liberals think that a "sex change" operation really changes sex. You are a liberal so you are anti science. Fess up. We all know it.

Looks like there will be more none of your business answers to my doctors questions. I've told them that before and have no problem doing it again.

Unless you are getting psychiatric care, the general mental status and social functioning questions don't really amount to much.

Your mental status on a general medical exam goes something like this if nothing is out of the ordinary: Awake, alert, and oriented in a 4 spheres. (Spheres being person, place, time, and situation.) Most things out of normal for that gets referred to specialty care.

Your social functioning will include job and hobbies. Again anything out of normal will be referred to specialty care.

BUT if you are getting psychiatric care those things go far beyond and can cost you some of your rights. Up until now, the main one was freedom to leave the hospital under orders of civil commitment. In the not too distant future, it may cost you your right to own a gun.

:eek:

Unless you are getting psychiatric care, the general mental status and social functioning questions don't really amount to much.

Your mental status on a general medical exam goes something like this if nothing is out of the ordinary: Awake, alert, and oriented in a 4 spheres. (Spheres being person, place, time, and situation.) Most things out of normal for that gets referred to specialty care.

Your social functioning will include job and hobbies. Again anything out of normal will be referred to specialty care.

BUT if you are getting psychiatric care those things go far beyond and can cost you some of your rights. Up until now, the main one was freedom to leave the hospital under orders of civil commitment. In the not too distant future, it may cost you your right to own a gun.

The new standards have nothing to with psychiatric care. They are to regulate social behavior.

The new standards have nothing to with psychiatric care. They are to regulate social behavior.

You are completely ridiculous. We already have laws that are for the regulation of social behavior. There is no need for the medical provider to do so.

Your social functioning w-ill include job and hobbies. Again anything out of normal will be referred to specialty care.

You are completely ridiculous. We already have laws that are for the regulation of social behavior. There is no need for the medical provider to do so.

Those are laws. This new proposal won't establish laws, but norms. Just what will be done to those who don't conform to the guidelines established by central command isn't clear. It's a travesty that they even want to know.

Those are laws. This new proposal won't establish laws, but norms. Just what will be done to those who don't conform to the guidelines established by central command isn't clear. It's a travesty that they even want to know.

Damn you are thick. We already have 'norms.' Nothing happens to them unless they are a danger to self or others. That isn't going to change. It is constitutional issue. No medical provider on the face of the earth is going to tackle anything legally that falls below the current standards. I have practiced and I know that it is not possible, and I also know that the one patient who comes in every once in a blue moon who is a danger to self or others is so taxing on the clinician's time that the poor clinician is ready to pull his/her hair out. When it happened to me I used to tell my next one in line that I am behind due to an emergency and he can either wait or reschedule, but I will not get caught up.

What you suggest is just patently stupid.

Last edited:

Jeeeeeeez.

katzen's stories just get weirder and weirder. He/she/it is like steve. The subject line is an outright lie. Did katzen even READ its own link?

He/she/it used to say his/her/its doctor "quit". Now, the story has changed to "retired". Wonder what it will be tomorrow.

Question for katzen: are you a doctor, lawyer or dog groomer today? Male or female or "other"?

Never mind. You've accomplished your mission - all the rw's are all kinds of hysterical. And, its all Obamas fault, right?? :cuckoo:

leninsmile4pv.jpg

Forum List

Back