Government shutdown: There may be method in Trump's madness ...

the same people who authorized obozo to send 150 billion in cash to Iran wont authorize 5 billion to protect our southern border. Kind of shows you where their real loyalties lie.

Still don't get the fact that that was Iran's money, do you?

So it was Iran's money. So what? We've been holding it for many years. Only DumBama decided to give it back.
We held it back because of their nuclear program.
They gave up the their nuclear material and we have them back their money

Trump gave them back their nukes

They never gave up their nukes. Hussein just needed an excuse to give them their money.
Afraid they did

An international inspection team witnessed the destruction of centerfuges and enriched uranium......BEFORE they returned the money

Oh, you mean in the places Iran allowed them to inspect?

Who are you talking about, DumBama or Trump? Trump said he would and didn't. Obama said he would and spent a trillion dollars and he didn't.

Trump:

We’re going to have insurance for everybody. There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

and

"I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

I see what the o.p. alludes to, that Trump is not very bright.

And he certainly fired many people who would have carried out his policies better than the people who replaced them, but he fired them for calling him stupid.

Apparently they were right.

since the 2018 numbers are not yet known, neither of us know what the annual rate was.

Well, we can be pretty certain it will not be in the 6% range it would need to be in to make the year above 4%

But if you disagree I would be happy to make a wager with you on it.

ya know what? I don't really give a shit. Trump is doing exactly what I want him to do. the economy is just fine. This constant Trump bashing and Obama praising is insane. Let the man do his job, hopefully he wont fuck it up like Obama did

I guess you have not paid much attention to the financial markets...too late for him not to fuck it up

Investors are a little concerned about tariffs, but the market (as alway) will bounce back. China recently announced they will drop their tariffs on US automobiles for three months. I believe they were charging 45% and now dropped it to 15%. Plus after the holidays, I'm expecting a strong Christmas sales report for this season. That will bring some market confidence back up.
None of this was necessary

Trumps trade wars have been a disaster

Hardly. The economy is still strong, our trading partners are giving into Trump's demands. The feds are going to raise interest rates on Wednesday and they only to that to try and slow the economy down a bit. This isn't something that's going to be worked out in a few months. China is the only pain in the ass right now, and even they are giving concessions.

Trump is a businessman less a politician. He understands we are the worlds largest consumer. That puts a lot of cards in his hand.

Who are you talking about, DumBama or Trump? Trump said he would and didn't. Obama said he would and spent a trillion dollars and he didn't.

Trump:

We’re going to have insurance for everybody. There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

and

"I am going to take care of everybody … Everybody’s going to be taken care of much better than they’re taken care of now.”

"We are going to repeal and replace!" Well, the Democrats stopped the repeal part.

Investors are a little concerned about tariffs, but the market (as alway) will bounce back. China recently announced they will drop their tariffs on US automobiles for three months. I believe they were charging 45% and now dropped it to 15%. Plus after the holidays, I'm expecting a strong Christmas sales report for this season. That will bring some market confidence back up.

Horseshit, the market has been down since Trump announced his first tariffs way back in Jan.

The market responded well to the announced possible trade deal between us and China and then Trump tweeted he was the "tariff man" and it lost 600 points that day.

You cannot tell me that you really think that the market does not care about international trade.

Of course they do. It will be rocky for a while until everything is said and done. That's the way people think with their own money. Plus with the Democrats winning Congress and a possible impeachment hanging over our heads sure doesn't help.

Well, we can be pretty certain it will not be in the 6% range it would need to be in to make the year above 4%

But if you disagree I would be happy to make a wager with you on it.

ya know what? I don't really give a shit. Trump is doing exactly what I want him to do. the economy is just fine. This constant Trump bashing and Obama praising is insane. Let the man do his job, hopefully he wont fuck it up like Obama did

I guess you have not paid much attention to the financial markets...too late for him not to fuck it up

It was not necessary.

The US was more than 100 months into a period of economic expansion with record low unemployment rates when Trump started his trade war, the outcome was predictable, damage to the US economy over something that is nothing more than a political talking point.

Rather than start a trade war with a specific country. Trump declared a trade war on the world

It was not necessary.

The US was more than 100 months into a period of economic expansion with record low unemployment rates when Trump started his trade war, the outcome was predictable, damage to the US economy over something that is nothing more than a political talking point.

Rather than start a trade war with a specific country. Trump declared a trade war on the world
Good deal. They have been screwing us long enough.

:113:

Horseshit, the market has been down since Trump announced his first tariffs way back in Jan.

The market responded well to the announced possible trade deal between us and China and then Trump tweeted he was the "tariff man" and it lost 600 points that day.

You cannot tell me that you really think that the market does not care about international trade.

Of course they do. It will be rocky for a while until everything is said and done. That's the way people think with their own money. Plus with the Democrats winning Congress and a possible impeachment hanging over our heads sure doesn't help.
Sure doesn’t

Criminal charges against the President will upset the economy. We never should have elected someone so morally and ethically unstable

So when does the instant balanced budget begin. Lol

5 billion for a wall and it's too much.. LoL
Shut it down

Sure doesn’t

Criminal charges against the President will upset the economy. We never should have elected someone so morally and ethically unstable
Good thing we didn't elect the wirch then. We'd really be screwed

Sure doesn’t

We had a great economy under Clinton. He did not come in and upset the Apple cart.

HIllary would have provided stable leadership......something Trump is incapable of

Sure doesn’t

We had a great economy under Clinton. He did not come in and upset the Apple cart.

HIllary would have provided stable leadership......something Trump is incapable of
Sure. Sure. Cliton foundation would be booming. TPP blah blah blah

Heard your side lost Supreme Court picks. Awe...

Sure doesn’t

Ummm...what does that have to do with the thread?

Sure doesn’t

Ummm...what does that have to do with the thread?
About as much as your one line trolls do. Lol

Sure doesn’t

Right, we should have elected the candidate under FBI investigation who lied to Congress and sat back while her husband made an idiot out of her by screwing anything else that moved.

Sure doesn’t

Right, we should have elected the candidate under FBI investigation who lied to Congress and sat back while her husband made an idiot out of her by screwing anything else that moved.
It appears that Trump was the one under FBI investigation before the election

Still is

Actually, this is the perfect, perfect time to force a government shutdown if Congress won't provide funding for the wall. Why? Because the DoD and the VA would *not* be affected, since their FY 2019 budget has already been passed and signed. The shutdown would be partial and would affect DHS, DOE, the State Department, Department of the Interior, HUD, etc., etc.

Actually, this is the perfect, perfect time to force a government shutdown if Congress won't provide funding for the wall. Why? Because the DoD and the VA would *not* be affected, since their FY 2019 budget has already been passed and signed. The shutdown would be partial and would affect DHS, DOE, the State Department, Department of the Interior, HUD, etc., etc.
Most agencies are operating at partial strength anyway. Most employees are using up the rest of their vacation time

When Bill Clinton shut down the government it was Newt Gingrich's fault but now it would be "Trump's madness" according to left wing hypocrites.

Actually, Trump said it was all on him...though he is pretty far left..so maybe it is left wing madness after all.

he would shut down the government if the dems do not fund proper border security. Most americans agree with that.

Care to support that statement about what most Americans agree with?

Or did you just pull it out of your ass?

from NPR, hardly a right wing organization

What The Latest Immigration Polls Do (And Don't) Say

Forum List

Back