Government killing private charity

gallantwarrior

Gold Member
Jul 25, 2011
On my own 200 acres of the Frozen North
Yep, it isn't just free enterprise and small business that is being strangled by government intrusion, private charitable efforts are also under attack. Just try to do something to help your neighbor and you might just run afoul of some ridiculous government rule or regulation.

Mom vows to keep feeding needy kids from her driveway despite city crackdown | Fox News

May I politely suggest that the city councilmembers who voted to harass this lady should be bounced out on their asses at the community's first opportunity?

Under pressure from the community, the local leaders agreed to let Prattis finish her mission this summer, but told her she would need a zoning variance to resume the operation next summer.

Thus the OP thread title is a lie, government is in no way ‘killing’ charity; the program may continue once the zoning variance is obtained. And the program is allowed to continue to the end of the summer.

The City has a responsibility to ensure the safety and well being of all residents, children in particular. The City would be grossly negligent and remiss in its responsibilities by allowing food distribution of this sort to proceed unmonitored, it’s naïve and ignorant to maintain otherwise.

This is a non-issue, and the thread is a failed and pathetic attempt to vilify government when it is merely carrying out its responsibilities in good faith.

Under pressure from the community, the local leaders agreed to let Prattis finish her mission this summer, but told her she would need a zoning variance to resume the operation next summer.

Thus the OP thread title is a lie, government is in no way ‘killing’ charity; the program may continue once the zoning variance is obtained. And the program is allowed to continue to the end of the summer.

The City has a responsibility to ensure the safety and well being of all residents, children in particular. The City would be grossly negligent and remiss in its responsibilities by allowing food distribution of this sort to proceed unmonitored, it’s naïve and ignorant to maintain otherwise.

This is a non-issue, and the thread is a failed and pathetic attempt to vilify government when it is merely carrying out its responsibilities in good faith.

You are so full of shit it's unbelievable. Gov't on every level is killing the American Spirit of generosity as well as any entrepenuership that hans't been thoroughly squashed by the Obama Admin's policies.

How would you like if the Catholic Church recruited your neighbor to run a soup kitchen out of her home, next to your home? (Designed to serve Trayvons, not the homeless.) Certainly there's a nearby church, school, or park where these kids could be eating, one with a lot more room than a tiny ghetto yard.

BTW, white people are doing the work here. The meals delivered to her every day, prepackaged.

How would you like if the Catholic Church recruited your neighbor to run a soup kitchen out of her home, next to your home? (Designed to serve Trayvons, not the homeless.) Certainly there's a nearby church, school, or park where these kids could be eating, one with a lot more room than a tiny ghetto yard.

BTW, white people are doing the work here. The meals delivered to her every day, prepackaged.

I actually wouldn't care if my neighbor set up a few tables in his driveway and fed meals to the neighborhood kids. I'd probably volunteer to help.

And by the way, I don't give a fuck about color, so it's a waste of time and space to talk about it to me.

Fuck it, just don't try to feed anyone. That will keep you out of trouble. put your money in a swiss bank account and let the assholes howl about that. :lol::lol:

You are so full of shit it's unbelievable. Gov't on every level is killing the American Spirit of generosity as well as any entrepenuership that hans't been thoroughly squashed by the Obama Admin's policies.

Not only do you spew what you accuse ofthers are doing, you are stepping in it.
you know that every community has it's variance laws that have been on the books well before Obama or any squashing of the spirit?

Fuck it, just don't try to feed anyone. That will keep you out of trouble. put your money in a swiss bank account and let the assholes howl about that. :lol::lol:

Hard to put prepaired ,eals into a Swiss bank account. She could just let the kids into her house and feed them. Word of mouth is already out there. If she had done it on the down low there would have been no hassle.

Hard to put prepaired ,eals into a Swiss bank account. She could just let the kids into her house and feed them. Word of mouth is already out there. If she had done it on the down low there would have been no hassle.

I suspect her house just doesn't have space for that many kids, not to mention that many kids would likely be a bit rambunctious, so there would be concerns about things getting broken.

I actually wouldn't care if my neighbor set up a few tables in his driveway and fed meals to the neighborhood kids. I'd probably volunteer to help.

And by the way, I don't give a fuck about color, so it's a waste of time and space to talk about it to me.

I wouldn't either, but I live in the rural area and I doubt anyone would come, plus there is no Catholic church nearby to distribute food from, so in this case, SNAP works better.

I wouldn't either, but I live in the rural area and I doubt anyone would come, plus there is no Catholic church nearby to distribute food from, so in this case, SNAP works better.

There's a Catholic Church in my area, generally speaking, but not close enough for the neighborhood kids to just walk to. I'm not really seeing a big problem. I mean, in the summer, the neighborhood kids are all over the place, anyway. Before my son and daughter hit adolescence, every kid in the neighborhood was in and out of my house and yard multiple times a day during the summer.

I wonder where the real power of the complaint came from. It could have easily been another welfare program who was losing clients and hence in danger of losing funding.

How horrid of her to be openly public with her charity so that anybody could find out how generous she is.

How horrid of her to be openly public with her charity so that anybody could find out how generous she is.

Has more to do with the variance laws than anything else.

I suspect her house just doesn't have space for that many kids, not to mention that many kids would likely be a bit rambunctious, so there would be concerns about things getting broken.

When I was a single parent raising my eldest son in the '80's. I fed and enetertained the ones that did not really have a loving home to reside in.

If her generosity threatens someone else, they might complain. I'm not stating this happened here. I'm simply pointing out the competition for funding.

Forum List

Back