Government does not create jobs

The private sector creates jobs.

If the GD Govt would cut taxes across the board, to inclued the Corporate Tax, and then get the hell out of the way jobs would get created.

Common Sense. Jeeze.

So are you saying Barry's proposal to give businesses $5,000 tax credits for every new hire won't work? Seems to me then you're under the impression businesses hire new people because there's more work than the current staff can handle. Hmmm...that would mean you're smarter than the president, his staff, and cabinet members...combined!

Good for you.

If the GD Govt would cut taxes across the board, to inclued the Corporate Tax, and then get the hell out of the way jobs would get created.

Common Sense. Jeeze.

So are you saying Barry's proposal to give businesses $5,000 tax credits for every new hire won't work? Seems to me then you're under the impression businesses hire new people because there's more work than the current staff can handle. Hmmm...that would mean you're smarter than the president, his staff, and cabinet members...combined!

Good for you.

And we have never given this type of tax credit under any other president?

Common Sense. Jeeze.

Common sense is not so common anymore

Cut taxes lay of govt workers, yep a plan there folks.
Or do we keep borrowing money to keep em on the payroll?

Common Sense. Jeeze.

Good for you.
It actually wouldn't take much to be smarter than Barry and Co. I think my hamster could manage it.
No, it wont work. Tax cuts need to be targeted to influence behavior. A temporary credit will result in temporary jobs. Hiring is very expensive, which is why companies typically hire and fire as a last resort.
What we dont see is where the $5,000 comes from. The answer is other companies and individuals.

Common Sense. Jeeze.

Good for you.

Of course it would help....but that is not the government creating jobs...that is the governemtn allowing the private sector to create jobs.

the tax credit is on the table...the employer determines when hiring is necessary based on poroductivity...the employer hires....and the tax credit is applied....and it is nice for the employer as the increase in tax matching wouyld be a burden during a recovery period.

But the tax credit alone is not what makes the job...The private sector does.

The market creates the jobs.

well, under George W Bush, the government created more jobs than the private sector

Pretty sure it was the government, and not the market, that created all those jobs at Dept of Ed and DHS.

we're becoming a nation of lazy, unionized government workers, and the Republicans are doing nothing to stop it

What percentage of American workers belong to unions?

Have unions ever done anything good?

Actually, unions have done a lot of good, and a lot of harm. Without question, the influence of unions on pay has been good for workers - however, at what price? The price is that manufacturing jobs leave the country and go to countries where people will work for less.

Interestingly, Obama said in the SOTU, that we will double exports. What exports? That's what I want to know. What the fuck do we have left to export? That's what unions have done. Obviously, they alone are not responsible for the destruction of the US manufacturing base but they sure as hell helped bury it.

But the tax credit alone is not what makes the job...The private sector does.
//

True, Consumer Demand actually makes the job in over 70% of the cases.
And with more consumers laid off every week and even running out of unemployment benefits, demand is dropping.

The private sector.... and your point is?

This oughtta be great...

Then why are you Blaming the government for them being cut?

Many do not have no choice, the government regulates and taxes people out of business.

More government will always mean less private sector jobs. More bureaucratic nighmares to come

Bullshit, how does the private sector protect its self and stay in business without the roads, trains, ports, airports, bridges, laws, police, courts that protect it so it can do business?

You people blame the government for not creating jobs and then turn arround and blame the government when the private sector fails us.

Where is your request for responsibility when it comes to the private industry sector?

Then why are you Blaming the government for them being cut?

Many do not have no choice, the government regulates and taxes people out of business.

More government will always mean less private sector jobs. More bureaucratic nighmares to come

Bullshit, how does the private sector protect its self and stay in business without the roads, trains, ports, airports, bridges, laws, police, courts that protect it so it can do business?

You people blame the government for not creating jobs and then turn arround and blame the government when the private sector fails us.

Where is your request for responsibility when it comes to the private industry sector?

Request for responsibility for private industry sector? :lol: That is what regulations are silly willy

I assume you think OL/BO's plan will work??

Here's a link. Interesting reading on Barry's budget.

Obama's 2011 Budget Tax Hikes Contradict Focus on Job Creation

The second link is interesting reading also. This ones on tax cuts and how they worked.

Econ 101: How do Tax Cuts Work?

This third link is on the Bush tax cuts

Make the Bush Tax Cuts Permanent

Apparantly not everyone thinks that the Bush tax cuts were a bust.

Heritage.org and Business institute articles?
Should I post an Air America article?

Last I heard Air America didn't create any jobs or cut taxes.

Oh Wait. I forgot. They went belly up?? Not enough tax cuts I guess.

Request for responsibility for private industry sector? :lol: That is what regulations are silly willy

Regulations and taxes are the request for responsibility we give them, without these they fuck us every time. Then you defend them and blame the government for their failings.

They deserved to be taxed and regulated.

They have to pay for the roads, ports, airports, bridges, police, legislation, military, courts that they use. They have to pay their fair share.

Last edited:
Local and state governments build the roads and most infrastructure.
Biggest corruption ever is when the Feds get involved.

Forum List

Back