Government does not create jobs

LMAO, @ the concept that local and state governments are less corrupt then the federal govt. Just funny as hell.

National Road - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Construction of the Cumberland Road (National Road) was authorized on March 29, 1806 by President Thomas Jefferson. The Cumberland Road would replace the Braddock Road for travel between the Potomac and Ohio Rivers, following roughly the same alignment until east of Uniontown, Pennsylvania. From there, where the Braddock Road turned north to Pittsburgh, the Cumberland Road would continue west to Wheeling, West Virginia (then part of Virginia), also on the Ohio River

Last edited:
WE are a government of the people and by the people. In November 2006 and November 2008 the people chose to go in a new direction and elected a Democrtic majority in the Congress, and then a Democratic POTUS.
Every effort by the Democratic controlled congress, and nearly every policy decision made by the new president has been attacked by those deposed with vehemence and hysterical henny penny fear mongering.
And this cry by those deposed has become a cause, a movement fueled by emotion and talking points which continues to pull our nation apart. It would be good if a rational basis for differing opinons were discussed on this message board, but the ridgity with which many hold their opinions makes this nearly impossible.
Consider the definiton of anarchy - the state of lawlessness and disorder usually a result of the failure of government.
Government has a role in all of our lives - too much or too little may depend as much on circumstances as on ideology. This is an argument worth having. But an argument is not best served with apocryphal platitudes, too many of which are held as absolute truths by those on the fringe.

Jefferson saw that the states can not do everything the country needed done, why cant you?

Jefferson saw that the states can not do everything the country needed done, why cant you?

I am all for the federal government to do what the states can't do, Truth. But, the federal government has over stepped it's authority to over ride what the states CAN do.
I believe that the states should make law on abortion....and not the feds.
I believe that the states should make law on gay marriage, and not the feds.
I believe that the states should make law on the legality of smoking pot, not the feds.

I believe that the feds primary concern should be infrastructure, and protecting our boarders. They're not doing very well at at either

Last edited:
I Believe gov't can create jobs, especially with innovative technology, which is why the fund much of the scientific research going on in the country. New discoveries lead to the creation of companies by professors, licensing out of the technology disocvered using gov't grants, and help keep innovative companies with new product pipelines

At least 24% of those working work either directly or indirectly for the govt. ie they are paid with tax dollars.

who is it that is cutting the jobs?
:wtf:

Here's the post mortem discussion of this logic:

"So doc, how'd the patient die?"

"The subject's head fell into a basket and suffocated."

"How does a basket suffocate someone?"

"It didn't, his head fell into the basket."

"Then how'd it falling into a basket suffocate them?"

"It came loose from the torso."

"Wait, it came off the torso and fell into the basket where they suffocated death?"

"Yes."

"So how did the subject's head 'fall off'?"

"He stuck it into a hole."

"A hole? So he tripped and cut his head off on the edge of the hole?"

"No, the hole didn't remove the head. The hole held it in place."

"How does a hole keep something in place?"

"It was in a pair of stocks designed to hold the neck still."

"Stocks?"

"Yes. It held it in place."

"Held in place for what?"

"The Guillotine."

"He was guillotined?"

"Yes."

"So wouldn't you say that that was the cause of death?"

"No. They stuck their head into a hole, the guillotine blade caused their head to fall off, and the head fell in the basket where they suffocated."

"So why was their head in the stocks on a guillotine?"

"This is the french revolution you know. Ask Robespierre."

What is funny as hell is anyone that would believe the Feds are not 10,000 times more corrupt than the local and state governments.
News flash sports fans: State and local governments are broke and can not print $.
Sure as hell they are as corrupt but your local government might be 1/100,000th the size of the Federal government.
Get the Feds involved, you know the folks that print the cash,and watch the corruption grow exponentially.
I know as I have worked government Federal road and other fraud cases for years.

The private sector creates jobs.

If the GD Govt would cut taxes across the board, to inclued the Corporate Tax, and then get the hell out of the way jobs would get created.

Common Sense. Jeeze.

Applyinig simplistic solutions to complicated problems makes for really good sound bites; but not effective policy. Bush tried what you're suggesting, and the jobs went overseas. This may have worked before free trade agreements and the elimination of tariffs, but it won't work now. Companies are now in a 'race to the bottom' in regard to wages and the free trade agreements have provided them with access to people whose 'bottom' is well below what an American family can live on.

The market creates the jobs. Of course government actions and policies can help the free market private sector create more jobs.
Allowing me to keep more of the $ I MAKE in the 2 businesses I own would be a good start for job creation. Sending my $ to DC is the worst thing that could happen for any job creation on my end.
We are fast becoming a nation of village idiots.

Good. How many teachers and policemen are you going to hire?

How does the government create 22 green jobs?

Destroy 100 private sector jobs first.

The market creates the jobs. Of course government actions and policies can help the free market private sector create more jobs.
Allowing me to keep more of the $ I MAKE in the 2 businesses I own would be a good start for job creation. Sending my $ to DC is the worst thing that could happen for any job creation on my end.
We are fast becoming a nation of village idiots.

Good. How many teachers and policemen are you going to hire?

That's not the job of the feds, that's the job of the state.

Most people believed that the federal government was going to manage foriegn affairs and states would manage domestic affairs so perhaps you are right that the states can't do everything. This means I agree with you and that the federal government should manage foreign affairs and states should manage domestic affairs. I'm glad we finally convinced you that we were right.

Have a nice day.:eusa_drool:

The private sector creates jobs.

If the GD Govt would cut taxes across the board, to inclued the Corporate Tax, and then get the hell out of the way jobs would get created.

Common Sense. Jeeze.

Applyinig simplistic solutions to complicated problems makes for really good sound bites; but not effective policy. Bush tried what you're suggesting, and the jobs went overseas. This may have worked before free trade agreements and the elimination of tariffs, but it won't work now. Companies are now in a 'race to the bottom' in regard to wages and the free trade agreements have provided them with access to people whose 'bottom' is well below what an American family can live on.

Trust the experts to think for you...

At least 24% of those working work either directly or indirectly for the govt. ie they are paid with tax dollars.

What were to happen if we were to cut those jobs, tax people less, and allow those tax dollars to be spent. Wouldn't those people who were working for the government find jobs in the private sector since we are spending all that money their?

Forum List

Back