Government By Tantrum: Trump Threatens To Declare Another Emergency To Expand His Power

When Donald Trump couldn’t get the money he wanted through Congress to support his fiction of a border invasion, he dragged out the National Emergency Act and simply obtained that money … by taking it away from funds supposed to build housing, hospitals, and schools for U.S. troops and their families.

The Emergency Economic Powers Act was created to restrict the powers of the executive, which had been given carte blanche to lock down assets and restrict trade under the Trading With The Enemy Act that went back to World War I. This wasn’t an act to give the president more power over American companies. It was an act to give him less.

Government by tantrum: Trump threatens to declare another emergency to expand his power

Let’s see if Mr. guts and glory takes any unconstitutional actions against an American company.

Are ya skeered?

No, but Trump is. He’s now desperate and unhinged. You better get used to the fact your messiah is going to prison.

Can’t wait to see how you dumpster fire mutts handle that day. Especially the Russian trolls here when the New Democratic President drops a soul crushing set of sanctions on Vladimir he can’t recover from.

I'm as big a free trader as you will find...That said, Murica's trade relationship with China has funded one of the most brutal and oppressive regimes in all of history....The Chinese have found that moving from outright communism to corporate fascism is far more profitable....It is this nation that has given them the funding for more street cameras than people in those streets and tyrannical "social credit scores". ..Their decades-long track record of currency manipulation is a global economic travesty, and has had horrible effects on its own people.

We do trade with a lot of bad people, some of our strongest allies in the middle east, yet their abuses are never brought into discussion.

Though I don't necessarily approve of the tariffs and all the chest thumping on Twitter, Trump is the first politician -let alone president- who has acted as though this nation's economic health is more important than that of foreign adversaries....I used to believe that unilateral free trade would end up freeing the people but in this case, it's easy for me to see that this belief is in error.

The problem is that his actions are doing the damage to our economic health. Our current trade deals is what led us to the longest period of economic expansion in the countries history, they are what led to the longest period of positive job growth in our counties history, they are what led to record low unemployment and more open jobs than people to fill them.
whens last time ya bought something that said made in Russia.....Remember when we were told...still are , that free trade would topple the communists......

The only thing I ever bought made in Russia was their vodka.

Russia does not have the glut of cheap labor that places like China have.

Please continue to shit on your own middle class base idiot. Its morons like this clown ^^^ who are destroying the Democratic party. Millions of working class jobs sacrificed on the alter of liberalism and when pressed you see that they don't give a shit.

I am not a Dem, not a member of the Democratic party nor have any impact on the Democratic party.

One more time for the really stupid....WE HAVE A MILLION MORE MORE OPEN JOBS THAN PEOPLE TO FILL THEM.

Do you think you are impressing anyone with your simpleton view of open jobs vs local communities devastated by stupid shit liberal policies? Did you flunk geography?

Please continue to shit on your own middle class base idiot. Its morons like this clown ^^^ who are destroying the Democratic party. Millions of working class jobs sacrificed on the alter of liberalism and when pressed you see that they don't give a shit.

I am not a Dem, not a member of the Democratic party nor have any impact on the Democratic party.

One more time for the really stupid....WE HAVE A MILLION MORE MORE OPEN JOBS THAN PEOPLE TO FILL THEM.

Do you think you are impressing anyone with your simpleton view of open jobs vs local communities devastated by stupid shit liberal policies? Did you flunk geography?

Then fucking move. it is not a complicated thing. quit making excuses for why you are a lazy fucking slob without a job.

I'm as big a free trader as you will find...That said, Murica's trade relationship with China has funded one of the most brutal and oppressive regimes in all of history....The Chinese have found that moving from outright communism to corporate fascism is far more profitable....It is this nation that has given them the funding for more street cameras than people in those streets and tyrannical "social credit scores". ..Their decades-long track record of currency manipulation is a global economic travesty, and has had horrible effects on its own people.

We do trade with a lot of bad people, some of our strongest allies in the middle east, yet their abuses are never brought into discussion.

Though I don't necessarily approve of the tariffs and all the chest thumping on Twitter, Trump is the first politician -let alone president- who has acted as though this nation's economic health is more important than that of foreign adversaries....I used to believe that unilateral free trade would end up freeing the people but in this case, it's easy for me to see that this belief is in error.

The problem is that his actions are doing the damage to our economic health. Our current trade deals is what led us to the longest period of economic expansion in the countries history, they are what led to the longest period of positive job growth in our counties history, they are what led to record low unemployment and more open jobs than people to fill them.
whens last time ya bought something that said made in Russia.....Remember when we were told...still are , that free trade would topple the communists......

The only thing I ever bought made in Russia was their vodka.

Russia does not have the glut of cheap labor that places like China have.
Yeah so...…..free trade hasn't toppled anything, Chasing a mirage meanwhile its killing us

Yeah so...…..free trade hasn't toppled anything, Chasing a mirage meanwhile its killing us

Who was stupid enough to think free trade would topple anything?

It is killing us? Really?

So, the longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country is a bad thing you your eyes?

So, the longest period of positive job growth in the history of the country is a bad thing you your eyes?

So, the longest sustained low unemployment in the history of the country is a bad thing you your eyes?

So, having more open positions than people to fill them is a bad thing you your eyes?

So, a record setting financial market (till the start of the stupid trade war) is a bad thing you your eyes?

From the link

Declaring a national emergency, freezing Chinese assets, and ordering companies to halt trade with China under threat of criminal prosecution would be more than an extraordinary intrusion of the government into the economy, it would be the largest non-wartime action ever taken to direct or restrict American industry. It would also be a dead certain economic disaster.

History should define this administration as an example of an imperial Presidency.

When Donald Trump couldn’t get the money he wanted through Congress to support his fiction of a border invasion, he dragged out the National Emergency Act and simply obtained that money … by taking it away from funds supposed to build housing, hospitals, and schools for U.S. troops and their families.

The Emergency Economic Powers Act was created to restrict the powers of the executive, which had been given carte blanche to lock down assets and restrict trade under the Trading With The Enemy Act that went back to World War I. This wasn’t an act to give the president more power over American companies. It was an act to give him less.

Government by tantrum: Trump threatens to declare another emergency to expand his power

Let’s see if Mr. guts and glory takes any unconstitutional actions against an American company.

Are ya skeered?

No, but Trump is. He’s now desperate and unhinged. You better get used to the fact your messiah is going to prison.

Can’t wait to see how you dumpster fire mutts handle that day. Especially the Russian trolls here when the New Democratic President drops a soul crushing set of sanctions on Vladimir he can’t recover from.
Don't corner Putin.

Then fucking move. it is not a complicated thing. quit making excuses for why you are a lazy fucking slob without a job.

LMAO I love it, keep talking and demonstrating that you don't give a shit about the working class Dem or Rep. :eusa_clap:

LMAO I love it, keep talking and demonstrating that you don't give a shit about the working class Dem or Rep. :eusa_clap:

I have no sympathy for laze fucks like you who refuse to take any action to better their lives.

I have no sympathy for laze fucks like you who refuse to take any action to better their lives.

Yet there are many like you that want the free shit...go figure.

I grew up poor in a tax and spend liberal shithole where Dem's taxed the crap out of us, keeping us down and dependent. So I packed up and moved. Today I'm in the 3% paying more in taxes than you earn at a $40 billion a year global company. That's how you deal with Dem's, you leave. Poor NY they no longer get one penny from me :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

I grew up poor in a tax and spend liberal shithole where Dem's taxed the crap out of us, keeping us down and dependent. So I packed up and moved. Today I'm in the 3% paying more in taxes than you earn at a $40 billion a year global company. That's how you deal with Dem's, you leave. Poor NY they no longer get one penny from me :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

See, if others can do it, then you can to.

If you are only in the 3% you do not come close to paying more in taxes than I earn even if you do not have a single deduction.

Yet there are many like you that want the free shit...go figure.

Name one "free shit" thing I have ever supported.

It is you and people like you that are the freeloads. People like you fully support the country spending far more than it brings and and not giving a fuck about leaving the bill for our kids and grandkids.

If you are only in the 3% you do not come close to paying more in taxes than I earn even if you do not have a single deduction.

You have no clue about the working poor. They can't just pack up and escape these Dem run shitholes I was an exception to the rule. So go right on shitting on the working poor you outed yourself as a don't give a shit douchebag.

You have no clue about the working poor. They can't just pack up and escape these Dem run shitholes I was an exception to the rule. So go right on shitting on the working poor you outed yourself as a don't give a shit douchebag.

Like you I once was a member of the working poor, I too escaped it. If we can do it, others can do it.

Who was stupid enough to think free trade would topple anything?

It is killing us? Really?

So, the longest period of economic expansion in the history of the country is a bad thing you your eyes?

So, the longest period of positive job growth in the history of the country is a bad thing you your eyes?

So, the longest sustained low unemployment in the history of the country is a bad thing you your eyes?

So, having more open positions than people to fill them is a bad thing you your eyes?

So, a record setting financial market (till the start of the stupid trade war) is a bad thing you your eyes?
Yep....your industrial base could not support a war if one started. You dont have the capacity now to keep what you have in working condition. Is helping turn your enemy into a bigger threat really sound policy.....

Like you I once was a member of the working poor, I too escaped it. If we can do it, others can do it.

Is it possible, yes but few are in a position to risk it. Incredibly some are unaware that things are better and taxes lower in other areas of the country. They assume the tax and spend hole they live in is the same everywhere.

We do trade with a lot of bad people, some of our strongest allies in the middle east, yet their abuses are never brought into discussion
There's no trade with those nations on the scale of China...And they don't constantly screw with their currency either.

Shipping jobs and trillions of dollars to China has led to our economic growth?...Are you fucking daft?

Forum List

Back