Got to Give it to Obama, this Ripping of Trump was hysterical and well delivered!!!

Can you believe it?

It must be because they believe Trump has money. For the right wing, if you have money you can do anything. Bin Laden had hundreds of millions of dollars. That didn't stop Obama.

It's about Obama's character. He uses an event like this, which is supposed to be light hearted, as a stage to strike back at his political foe. No class.

Questioning Obama's education is a valid point. Bush released his college grades and papers. What is Obama hiding?

You don't think it's "light-hearted" to poke fun at Trump by saying that he's next going to look into whether or not the 1969 Apollo moon landing was faked? How is that a serious political attack?

I never said it was a serious political attack. You did. What I said was is that it is not classy. He's there to poke fun at himself, not to score cheap political points. That's what I said. Take a reading comprehension course.

Just goes to show..... we can never have too many threads on the same damned subject.

At the risk of sounding like I'm in the school yard, my thread was up first. I can't help it if others can't be bothered finding out if a thread already exists. Although I do wish when threads are merged, the Mods would use the original title....

Or make a notation in RED at the point of merging. This one is a perfect example of how messy merged threads can get. Earlier today, the topic was right on point. Then some other unrelated thread got merged into this one, posted last night, I believe, to which I responded to something in that one, and it just now showed up at almost 7:30pm a day later. Makes no sense.

It's about Obama's character. He uses an event like this, which is supposed to be light hearted, as a stage to strike back at his political foe. No class.

Questioning Obama's education is a valid point. Bush released his college grades and papers. What is Obama hiding?

You don't think it's "light-hearted" to poke fun at Trump by saying that he's next going to look into whether or not the 1969 Apollo moon landing was faked? How is that a serious political attack?

I never said it was a serious political attack. You did. What I said was is that it is not classy. He's there to poke fun at himself, not to score cheap political points. That's what I said. Take a reading comprehension course.

People laughed because it was funny. Get a sense of humor!

crying-baby-0509-s2-99576567.jpg

As opposed to, "I don't think about him. He doesn't concern me". Republicans have such low standards. Pity.

I can hardly wait until the day after election day 2012. Put a microphone in front of Trump so he can say......."Mr. President, you're fired."

If you truly aspire to see Trump in the WH you have zero credibility...seriously...

Oh my, not another one who needs a reading comprehension class. Where did I ever say I wanted Trump in the WH? Read it again and get back to me.

For Obama to use this event to skewer his opponents shows what a coward our President is. This event is for laughing at yourself. Every other President including Bush used this even for that purpose. What does Obama do? He uses it to poke back at his political opponents. No class at all. If they debated each other, Trump would mop the floor with BO.

Guess what? EVERYBODY who attends the annual event is expected to leave his ego at the door and be able to take a good-natured ribbing without being petulant about it. It's called being mature and having a sense of humor. My bet is that Trump has a staggering deficit of both of those qualities. And he's too stupid to realize that he looks like a fool when he complains about how he was treated.

The President attends to poke fun at himself. Obama used it to poke back politically at his political foe, but that's Obama and we all know him now. He's snarky and nasty.

Oh please. They all do it. Are you serious? Even your hero Ronald Reagan spit out more snarky comments that people remember. He once referred to his political foes as people with all the common sense of Huey, Dewey, and Louie. He said awful things about Carter, too, so don't kid yourself.

I was skeptical from the beginning of Trump's presidential bid. A skepticism that turned to an interested curiosity during his tough talking, policy ideas- not really policy specifics, but rather a general talk of how to bring down gas prices. His success as an entrepreneur gave me confidence that he has the competency and life experience to solve some of the problems facing America.
I even believed he should be a contender after he made some pretty, just-off-the-wall comments without giving any specifics. Trump said he would make countries that receive protection from America’s military begin paying some kind of compensation. Now I’ve seen every episode of ‘The Sapranos”; what are we the mafia?
The final straw on the proverbial camel’s back was the press conference after president Obama released his long-form birth certificate. I was initially interested in the ‘Birther Controversy”. There were a lot of inconsistencies and questions that gave it intrigue; intrigue that quickly faded after Obama released the mystery birth certificate. Trump came out and congratulated himself, completely ignoring the press’ questions regarding his past accusations and statements. One particularly interesting statement, that he would release his tax returns after the president releases his birth certificate, gave Trump a lot of annoyance.
The president sealed The Donald’s fate during the correspondents’ dinner. Trump has suggested that the amount of jokes aimed at him might be inappropriate, but he has brought it all on himself. And the president has made sure that The Donald will only be seen as a joke, just some novelty that the Republican Party will only tolerate according to his contributions.
I will not ever vote for Trump. I am even kinda skeptical that he was ever serious. Who benefits from all this? Was Trump not once a registered Democrat, a large donator to Harry Reid? Obama and the MSNBC have been feverishly trying to pin every conservative as a racist birther? I question Trumps motives, and after that press conference I don’t believe it’s unfair to say perhaps racist motives.

No matter how much the new breed of conservatives think that "diplomacy" isn't a necessary requirement for leadership, it most definitely is. The leader of the free world cannot go around making wild accusations or threats laced with profanity against other countries, even if they are political or economic enemies. We're not savages, and Donald Trump of all people should know that the US no longer operates in its own private bubble but what we do and how we act and REact to global situations and foreign entities greatly affects our own security and wellbeing.

I see you pretty much agree with Obama......talk tough to the American people and kiss our competetor nation's asses.

Diplomacy doesn't equal kissing ass, asshole.

For Obama to use this event to skewer his opponents shows what a coward our President is. This event is for laughing at yourself. Every other President including Bush used this even for that purpose. What does Obama do? He uses it to poke back at his political opponents. No class at all. If they debated each other, Trump would mop the floor with BO.

Bush laughed at the lack of WMDs in Iraq. How he could use the cause of death for thousands of Americans as a "punch line" demonstrates the rights cluelessness and their inability to understand "over the line".

I think both Obama and Trump can walk away with positive talking points over the subject.
Having said that, it isn't solving our debt crisis.

It might, if we can walk away from Afghanistan with some semblance of respect even earlier than planned. That would save a few billion a month.

I never said it was a serious political attack. You did. What I said was is that it is not classy. He's there to poke fun at himself, not to score cheap political points. That's what I said.

Of course Trump had been trying to score cheap political points and wasn't even using a comedy venue to do it. But you see that as okay. Gotcha.

I think both Obama and Trump can walk away with positive talking points over the subject.
Having said that, it isn't solving our debt crisis.

It might, if we can walk away from Afghanistan with some semblance of respect even earlier than planned. That would save a few billion a month.

I was referring to the b/c fiasco.

But, I'm wondering if we now will leave Afaganistan soon?....I hope we do, that's throwing money down a bottomless pit. The government is really corrupt over there

I can hardly wait until the day after election day 2012. Put a microphone in front of Trump so he can say......."Mr. President, you're fired."

If you truly aspire to see Trump in the WH you have zero credibility...seriously...

Oh my, not another one who needs a reading comprehension class. Where did I ever say I wanted Trump in the WH? Read it again and get back to me.

Then why would Trump be the one with the microphone in his hand then? Talk about lack of comprehension....

Forum List

Back