GOPers party as Isaac threatens Gulf Coast with destruction

Threatens the Gulf Coast with destruction? A little too much melodrama, me thinks. It'll be a CAT 1 Hurricane by the time it hits the coast. Now, if it were a CAT 3 or higher...

Katrina was a Cat 1

acting is what he does best.

governing?

not so much

Acting is what Reagan did...as in acting like a stone cold little bitch after the Marine Barracks were bombed in 83. The **** turned tail and ran. I have never been so embarrassed of a president.

1983 Beirut barracks bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What did you expect him to do? Bomb a bunch of innocent people, or just leave the marines there as targets for terrorists? The Navy screwed the pooch on that one by massing all those marines in one building without adequate security to ensure their safety. The sentries didn't even have loaded weapons. Reagan was not responsible for that foul up.

Huggy forgot to tell you the guards were basically unarmed.....because we believe in pussy liberals tactics of trusting crazies and nutjobs and trying to befriend them.......

like this:

1983 Beirut barracks bombings - encyclopedia article - Citizendium

Rules of engagement for the Marines were restrictive; they could not set up what would be considered today a safe perimeter against truck bombs. They carried rifles that had to be loaded before use; there were no heavier weapons that could deflect a truck or destroy its engine. [3]

I think Isaac will end up bringing rain to areas that very much need it and cause little to no damage.

Or drinks on the Love Boat...
images

Threatens the Gulf Coast with destruction? A little too much melodrama, me thinks. It'll be a CAT 1 Hurricane by the time it hits the coast. Now, if it were a CAT 3 or higher...

Katrina was a Cat 1

Bull, Katrina was a Cat 3 when it hit, it had been up to a Cat 5 at one point.

I think Isaac will end up bringing rain to areas that very much need it and cause little to no damage.

Or drinks on the Love Boat...
images

I hope you're right, Tjvh but I've got a bad feeling about New Orleans with this one. They are reporting levees being almost topped now and predicting heavy rain for another 24 hours. That doesn't bode well for the low lying areas of the city. Wish they'd done a mandatory evacuation.

Im shocked. Democrats are trying to use the hurricane for political purposes. No one ever saw this coming! You know, except for all the conservatives predicting that they would attempt to do this.

As Republicans are partying at Tampa strip clubs.......Obama will be providing aid to hurricane victims

Campaigning is providing aid to hurricane victims? :confused:

Nice try dummies.

http://www.politico.com/politico44/

From the White House pool report, Press Secretary Jay Carney said that President Obama is still monitoring Hurricane Isaac: "Carney offered yet another data point that the president is fully monitoring Hurricane Isaac while also campaigning in the heartland: A readout of a "long" phone call POTUS had on AF1 with a number of senior officials getting a status update on the preparations for an trajectory of Hurricane Isaac. The officials were FEMA director Craig Fugate, DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano, homeland security adviser John Brennan, National Hurricane Center Director Rick Knabb and WH deputy chief of staff Alyssa Mastromonaco. Asked what "long" means, Carney said he couldn't be sure but it was at least 15 minutes."

:lmao:

Oh yeah.... he cares alright.

Really Ravi????
:slap:

Im shocked. Democrats are trying to use the hurricane for political purposes. No one ever saw this coming! You know, except for all the conservatives predicting that they would attempt to do this.

As Republicans are partying at Tampa strip clubs.......Obama will be providing aid to hurricane victims

Thirty minutes is a very long time... yes he really does care :eusa_clap:

White House Schedule - August 29, 2012 | The White House

10:00 am The President delivers a statement on Tropical Storm Isaac
Diplomatic Room
Pooled Press
Gather Time 9:15AM – North Doors of the Palm Room

10:30 am The President departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews
South Lawn
Open Press
Final Gather 10:15AM – North Doors of the Palm Room

10:45 am The President departs Joint Base Andrews
Press Information
Out-of-Town Travel Pool Coverage (Call Time 9:00AM – Virginia Gate, Joint Base Andrews)

1:05 pm The President arrives Des Moines, Iowa
Local Event Time: 12:05 PM CDT
Des Moines International Airport
Open Press

2:05 pm The President delivers remarks at a campaign event
Local Event Time: 1:05 PM CDT
Iowa State University
Open to pre-credentialed media

4:40 pm The President departs Des Moines en route Fort Collins, Iowa
Local Event Time: 3:40 PM CDT
Open Press

6:10 pm The President arrives Fort Collins, Colorado
Local Event Time: 4:10 PM MDT
Fort Collins-Loveland Municipal Airport
Open Press

7:30 pm The President delivers remarks at a campaign event
Local Event Time: 5:30 PM MDT
Colorado State University

Thirty minutes is a very long time... yes he really does care :eusa_clap:

White House Schedule - August 29, 2012 | The White House

10:00 am The President delivers a statement on Tropical Storm Isaac
Diplomatic Room
Pooled Press
Gather Time 9:15AM – North Doors of the Palm Room

10:30 am The President departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews
South Lawn
Open Press
Final Gather 10:15AM – North Doors of the Palm Room

10:45 am The President departs Joint Base Andrews
Press Information
Out-of-Town Travel Pool Coverage (Call Time 9:00AM – Virginia Gate, Joint Base Andrews)

1:05 pm The President arrives Des Moines, Iowa
Local Event Time: 12:05 PM CDT
Open Press

2:05 pm The President delivers remarks at a campaign event
Local Event Time: 1:05 PM CDT
Iowa State University

4:40 pm The President departs Des Moines en route Fort Collins, Iowa
Local Event Time: 3:40 PM CDT
Open Press

6:10 pm The President arrives Fort Collins, Colorado
Local Event Time: 4:10 PM MDT
Fort Collins-Loveland Municipal Airport
Open Press

7:30 pm The President delivers remarks at a campaign event
Local Event Time: 5:30 PM MDT
Colorado State University

I have yet to see the bodies floating in floodwaters and people clinging to roofs begging for rescue

That is the situation George Bush ignored

Warrior 101 started a thread about Obama campaigning during the hurricane. Where were you then?

There were seafaring pirates and circa 1950s Cuban-style show girls mixing it up with the masses as strobe lights and disco music pumped up any dampened spirits. Despite Tropical Storm Isaac and Political Hurricane Charlie, thousands of Republicans ventured out on their convention buses to party at Tropicana Field Sunday night.

Read more here: At RNC: pirates, showgirls, and possibly a defector - Myriam Marquez - MiamiHerald.com

Give me a break.

As a liberal - let me say this is just BS spin. If I didn't have a 2 month old I'd probably still be getting drunk from a hurricane party, "despite Tropical Storm Isaac". Hurricanes are a way of life down here and when shit has to be cancelled, its cancelled, but when it isn't - like the RNC convention - it goes on. No big deal.

Forum List

Back