GOPers party as Isaac threatens Gulf Coast with destruction

I think Isaac will end up bringing rain to areas that very much need it and cause little to know[sic] damage.
Tropical Storm Isaac Nears With Rainfall the Biggest Concern - ABC News

By ANTHONY CASTELLANO, ALEXANDRA LUDKA and CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)
Aug. 28, 2012
Tropical Storm Isaac is on the verge of becoming a Category 1 hurricane before it makes landfall, but forecasters say the biggest threat will be the rainfall and storm surge, not the wind.

Forecasters have projected landfall as early as tonight, a day short of the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu Monday said Isaac's path is similar to Katrina's and the anniversary has left much of the Gulf Coast on "a high level of anxiety."

Winds will be an issue initially when Isaac makes landfall with gusts up to 80 mph. Forecasters say the big threat will be the storm surge around New Orleans and Biloxi, Miss., where water might rise six to nine feet. The slow-moving storm is forecasted to hover over the Gulf Coast and could punish coastal areas with up to 20 inches of rain, which was one of the big concerns.

Junky, I think you missed my question, so here again, I'll ask it.

On Obama's orders, FEMA has been on the ground for a week already.

Do you have a link showing they were on the ground for a week, because late last week they thought Florida is where it was gong to hit.

I think Isaac will end up bringing rain to areas that very much need it and cause little to know[sic] damage.
Tropical Storm Isaac Nears With Rainfall the Biggest Concern - ABC News

By ANTHONY CASTELLANO, ALEXANDRA LUDKA and CHRISTINA NG (@ChristinaNg27)
Aug. 28, 2012
Tropical Storm Isaac is on the verge of becoming a Category 1 hurricane before it makes landfall, but forecasters say the biggest threat will be the rainfall and storm surge, not the wind.

Forecasters have projected landfall as early as tonight, a day short of the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu Monday said Isaac's path is similar to Katrina's and the anniversary has left much of the Gulf Coast on "a high level of anxiety."

Winds will be an issue initially when Isaac makes landfall with gusts up to 80 mph. Forecasters say the big threat will be the storm surge around New Orleans and Biloxi, Miss., where water might rise six to nine feet. The slow-moving storm is forecasted to hover over the Gulf Coast and could punish coastal areas with up to 20 inches of rain, which was one of the big concerns.

Like I said. I dont know if it will hit hurricane status. But looks like there will be lots of rain. I pray some of it gets to the midwest and ends the drought.

Drought-stricken states welcome rain from Isaac - Yahoo! News

It's just minutes from making landfall and it's still not a hurricane. Doesn't that make the OP a liar?

Hmm

Not necessarily. She was expecting it to be a huricane, as most were. Misinformed at worse.

Now if she had known it wouldnt be a hurricane... that's a different story. And she could be a liar for other reasons.

She negs me regularly for so called lies. I was only mocking her. At this point it is not a hurricane and by the standards she uses to neg me she is herself a liar. The party was last night and last night there were no hurricanes in the gulf.

Twice is regularly? Well, shoot, I'll have to give you another to keep you from being a liar.

As Isaac grows to hurricane strength and pounds the Gulf coast....Republicans will expound the virtues of cutting funds for hurricane preparedness and disaster relief so that they can preserve tax cuts on the wealthy

Perfect timing

If Isaac grows to hurricane strength, it wont have an effect on the convention whatsoever.

And you still really have no clue what Republican positions are. There can be no huricane relief funds if we are bankrupt and our government collapses. Preventing that is slightly more important. Especially since hurricane relief should be provided by the people giving charity. We need more people to tell the government to go home when we have natural disasters. We can take care of ourselves.

I like that...Republicans should go with that

After the hurricane hits tell the people of Louisiana and Mississippi the Government is Bankrupt and on the verge of collapse. Then Romney can say in his acceptance speech how he wants to give additional tax breaks to millionaires

Not necessarily. She was expecting it to be a huricane, as most were. Misinformed at worse.

Now if she had known it wouldnt be a hurricane... that's a different story. And she could be a liar for other reasons.

She negs me regularly for so called lies. I was only mocking her. At this point it is not a hurricane and by the standards she uses to neg me she is herself a liar. The party was last night and last night there were no hurricanes in the gulf.

Twice is regularly? Well, shoot, I'll have to give you another to keep you from being a liar.

Twice? You are indeed a liar. You negged me in my first politics post I made here on my first day. Overtime you do it you say it's for lying despite the fact that I've never lied.

Hack

Im shocked. Democrats are trying to use the hurricane for political purposes. No one ever saw this coming! You know, except for all the conservatives predicting that they would attempt to do this.

As Republicans are partying at Tampa strip clubs.......Obama will be providing aid to hurricane victims

Correction..

Obama hopped on his transport and is campaigning for more of the youth vote on some college campuses...you know....more voters that dont pay taxes and like it when they hear that others are the ones that need to pay more.

As Isaac grows to hurricane strength and pounds the Gulf coast....Republicans will expound the virtues of cutting funds for hurricane preparedness and disaster relief so that they can preserve tax cuts on the wealthy

Perfect timing

If Isaac grows to hurricane strength, it wont have an effect on the convention whatsoever.

And you still really have no clue what Republican positions are. There can be no huricane relief funds if we are bankrupt and our government collapses. Preventing that is slightly more important. Especially since hurricane relief should be provided by the people giving charity. We need more people to tell the government to go home when we have natural disasters. We can take care of ourselves.

I like that...Republicans should go with that

After the hurricane hits tell the people of Louisiana and Mississippi the Government is Bankrupt and on the verge of collapse. Then Romney can say in his acceptance speech how he wants to give additional tax breaks to millionaires

you know...I always thought you were a smart guy.

But if you bvelieve the rhetoric about Romney wanting to give tax breaks to millionaires...then you are not a very smart guy afterall.

FYI...that spin? It is reserved for the mindless morons that Obama know will believe it.

Are you onje of them?

Im shocked. Democrats are trying to use the hurricane for political purposes. No one ever saw this coming! You know, except for all the conservatives predicting that they would attempt to do this.

As Republicans are partying at Tampa strip clubs.......Obama will be providing aid to hurricane victims

Correction..

Obama hopped on his transport and is campaigning for more of the youth vote on some college campuses...you know....more voters that dont pay taxes and like it when they hear that others are the ones that need to pay more.

You oppose giving the vote to College Students?

Correction..

He clearly is calling out the OP for her lies about what Obama is doing today.

Correction..

wow...now I understand why you fall for the spin out there.

Here in South Florida we are experiencing major flooding and receiving health warnings about mosquito borne illnesses.

It's just minutes from making landfall and it's still not a hurricane. Doesn't that make the OP a liar?

Hmm

Imagine how disappointed the Democrats will be if Isaac doesn't devastate New Orleans. How can they show how compassionate they are without a crisis of some kind? I'll bet they're all praying right now for the Hurricane to intensify to category 5 and kill as many people as a hurricane can kill.

Last edited:
Here in South Florida we are experiencing major flooding and receiving health warnings about mosquito borne illnesses.
Sorry to know you're experiencing all that.
The people on the Gulf Coast of LA, MS, AL, and the Florida Panhandle will be experiencing the same and worse, regardless of cons' implications that it's not a big deal.

Hmm

Imagine how disappointed the Democrats will be if Isaac doesn't devastate New Orleans. How can they show how compassionate they are without a crisis of some kind? I'll be they're all praying right now for the Hurricane to intensify to

Which is another reason we should be praying for no one to be seriously hurt or inconvenienced by this storm

Sorry to know you're experiencing all that.
The people on the Gulf Coast of LA, MS, AL, and the Florida Panhandle will be experiencing the same and worse, regardless of cons' implications that it's not a big deal.
That's what I'm thinking. The storm is so big and slow....and dumping so much rain. School was closed in Palm Beach County today because of the flooding. I don't ever remember that happening before.

There were seafaring pirates and circa 1950s Cuban-style show girls mixing it up with the masses as strobe lights and disco music pumped up any dampened spirits. Despite Tropical Storm Isaac and Political Hurricane Charlie, thousands of Republicans ventured out on their convention buses to party at Tropicana Field Sunday night.

Read more here: At RNC: pirates, showgirls, and possibly a defector - Myriam Marquez - MiamiHerald.com

The non-significant post of the day has been spotted.

Forum List

Back