GOP Senate Candidate: Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
images

The nutjobs just can't help themselves. But, who can blame the guy for being honest when Republicans have put abortion front and center in their own party platform?

Tom Smith, GOP Senate Candidate: Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'

Trying to distance himself from the "legitimate rape" comment that Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) made last week, Pennsylvania Senate candidate Tom Smith (R) stirred up further controversy by comparing a pregnancy caused by rape to "having a baby out of wedlock."

Smith said Monday at the Pennsylvania Press Club that although he condemns Akin's comment, he agrees with Akin that abortion should be banned without any exceptions, including for rape and incest victims. Pressed by a reporter on how he would handle a daughter or granddaughter becoming pregnant as a result of rape, Smith said he had already "lived something similar to that" in his family.

"She chose life, and I commend her for that," he said. "She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn't have to ... she chose the way I thought. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't rape."

When a reporter asked Smith to clarify what kind of situation was similar to becoming pregnant from rape, the candidate responded, "Having a baby out of wedlock."

He added, "Put yourself in a father's position. Yes, it is similar."

:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
OK, so what is the point here?

Isn't getting pregnant as the result of a rape "having a baby out of wedlock"?

Wow, the left wingnuts are way over-the-top with their utter desperation, and it's still over two months away from the election!

Smith said Monday at the Pennsylvania Press Club that although he condemns Akin's comment, he agrees with Akin that abortion should be banned without any exceptions, including for rape and incest victims. Pressed by a reporter on how he would handle a daughter or granddaughter becoming pregnant as a result of rape, Smith said he had already "lived something similar to that" in his family.

Pity the reporter didn’t ask how such a comprehensive law would be enforced and justified, particularly if the mother’s life were in danger.

He never said that but it doesn't matter to the left. I wonder what Bill Clinton thought when he was actually accused of rape? "Thank God for the Statute of Limitations"? Now the democrat party has the nerve to use him in a keynote address as if the "bimbo eruption squad never existed.

• Banned

Wow, the left wingnuts are way over-the-top with their utter desperation, and it's still over two months away from the election!

You're either extremely dense or extremely desperate to change the subject.

The man said that getting pregnant by rape is the same as having a baby out of wedlock.

I can't believe that I have to repeat that.

• Banned
He never said that but it doesn't matter to the left.

When a reporter asked Smith to clarify what kind of situation was similar to becoming pregnant from rape, the candidate responded, "Having a baby out of wedlock."

"oops"

Pity the reporter didn’t ask how such a comprehensive law would be enforced and justified, particularly if the mother’s life were in danger.

Pity that you can't defend your statement by providing statistics on how many abortions were performed in the past year due to the mother's life being "in danger".

Hint: The number is MINISCULE.

lets ask koshergirl what her conservative opinion is :rolleyes:

Is there an exception for rape, incest, or health of the mother in the Repub platform? I haven't heard of any :dunno: If not, then this barbaric view is "mainstream Repub"

Last edited:

The man said that getting pregnant by rape is the same as having a baby out of wedlock.

If you're going to post a topic, try to make an effort to UNDERSTAND what the hell the point is.

Maybe a simple "A=B" equation will help you, Bunky.

Getting Pregnant Due To Rape = Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock

Does that make it clear? Crystal?

Pity that you can't defend your statement by providing statistics on how many abortions were performed in the past year due to the mother's life being "in danger".

Hint: The number is MINISCULE.

Pity that you can't address the subject of the thread. If you are going to deflect, at least provide a link to the nonsense you claim.

If you're going to post a topic, try to make an effort to UNDERSTAND what the hell the point is.

So, a married woman who gets pregnant as a result of a rape by somebody other than her husband and decides to give birth to the child is "having a baby out of wedlock"? Really? Are you sure you want to go there? Moron?

Cue Thruthseeker's "but but but, statistically, most rapes victims are unmarried women" defense in 3...2...1...

images

The nutjobs just can't help themselves. But, who can blame the guy for being honest when Republicans have put abortion front and center in their own party platform?

Tom Smith, GOP Senate Candidate: Pregnancy From Rape Similar To 'Having A Baby Out Of Wedlock'

Trying to distance himself from the "legitimate rape" comment that Rep. Todd Akin (R-Mo.) made last week, Pennsylvania Senate candidate Tom Smith (R) stirred up further controversy by comparing a pregnancy caused by rape to "having a baby out of wedlock."

"She chose life, and I commend her for that," he said. "She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn't have to ... she chose the way I thought. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't rape."

He added, "Put yourself in a father's position. Yes, it is similar."

:lol::lol::lol:

Huff post?

give me another link.

is there an exception for rape, incest, or the health of the mother in the Repub Platform cons? :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Huff post?

give me another link.

Sure thing, darling.

Senate candidate compares abortion decision facing rape victim with out-of-wedlock pregnancy - The Washington Post

Tom Smith, who is challenging Democratic Sen. Bob Casey, made the remark after being asked how he would argue to keep the baby if a daughter or granddaughter were to become pregnant as a result of rape. Smith said that his daughter went through “something similar” to rape: “Having a baby out of wedlock.”

Speaking to reporters after an appearance at the Pennsylvania Press Club, Smith said he did not condone rape but was categorically opposed to abortion under any circumstances, including rape or incest.

After comparing the decisions raised by rape and out-of-wedlock pregnancy, Smith was asked a follow-up question about whether the two were similar. He replied: “No, no, no, but, well, put yourself in a father’s position. Yes, I mean, it is similar, this isn’t, but I’m back to the original, I’m pro-life — period.”

Tom Smith? Thanks...Casey ought to run with this....here in PA, GOP superPACs have been running ads at about a10:1 ratio. Leave it to the Candidate himself to derail his own campaign. His Superpac ought to demand a refund....this is almost as bad as "I am not a witch"....

So, a married woman who gets pregnant as a result of a rape by somebody other than her husband and decides to give birth to the child is "having a baby out of wedlock"? Really? Are you sure you want to go there? Moron?

You missed the entire point of what the young man was saying. You fucking asshole. You pig.

is an exception for rape, incest, or the health of the mother in the Repub Platform cons? :eusa_whistle:

Exactly. They know what's in the party platform and they agree with it. You'd think they'd be cheering this guy, but instead they're scrambling to change the subject.

You missed the entire point of what the young man was saying. You fucking asshole. You pig.

That a raped woman having a baby is similar to a woman having a baby out of wedlock? No, I think I caught that. You dumb bitch.

Forum List

Back