GOPers party as Isaac threatens Gulf Coast with destruction

The weather channel let a little item slip today that they kept secret for 7 years. "Katrina was a man-made disaster". That's what they said. The levees were weak because the in-bred Louisiana democrat party and the Big Easy spent all the federal money on corruption rather than construction. Chances are they might get a similar amount of rain off this big Tropical Storm but they aren't worried because they finally fixed and restored the things.

Nah, Jindal has already asked for and received FEMA help.

So now the Taxpayer's are being forced to hand out financial aid prior to an event which may, or may not require financial aid... Or are you just making stuff up again?
When the governor declares a state of emergency he is asking for Federal help. Bobby did this already. So did Rick Scott.

So the answer to your question is yes.

It is my understanding you must first have an Emergency before you can declare one. Is the Obama Administration blindly throwing money at possible emergencies now? That should do wonders for accounting of the Taxpayer's money.

So now the Taxpayer's are being forced to hand out financial aid prior to an event which may, or may not require financial aid... Or are you just making stuff up again?
When the governor declares a state of emergency he is asking for Federal help. Bobby did this already. So did Rick Scott.

It is my understanding you must first have an Emergency before you can declare one. Is the Obama Administration blindly throwing money at possible emergencies now? That should do wonders for accounting of the Taxpayer's money.
It's been this way since Bush put Fema under Homeland Security. Probably longer.

Romney grandstanding. Calling the governors of the Gulf States. Why? He is powerless and he is just wasting their time and their constituents time....the govs should be focusing on their states not Mitten.

It's been this way since Bush put Fema under Homeland Security. Probably longer.
"Brownie, you're doing a helluva job".

Romney grandstanding. Calling the governors of the Gulf States. Why? He is powerless and he is just wasting their time and their constituents time....the govs should be focusing on their states not Mitten.

Romney is calling to tell the Republican Governors to not allow Obama to assume much of a role in the recovery effort. Promise them payback once he is elected for assuming more of a burden now

Now this is ironic. Jindall asked for federal aid, got it, and is now whining because the Fed didn't promise to reimburse LA for costs the state incurs.

"
We appreciate your response to our request and your approval," Jindal wrote. "However, the state's original request for federal assistance .... included a request for reimbursement for all emergency protective measures. The federal declaration of emergency only provides for direct federal assistance."

Obama declares emergency in Louisiana - FOX 10 News - Phoenix, AZ | KSAZ-TV

Romney is calling to tell the Republican Governors to not allow Obama to assume much of a role in the recovery effort. Promise them payback once he is elected for assuming more of a burden now

So I presume you have recording of the conversations? I mean you wouldnt want to lie now, would you?

Jindal has demanded the US Government reimburse LA for all its expenses. Oh my.

Though Jindal called on the federal government to shoulder the full cost of the federal, state and local efforts, he did not publicly make the same criticisms when former President George W. Bush issued a similar declaration that included a cost ceiling as Hurricane Gustav approached the state.
:lmao:

http://blog.nola.com/hurricane_impact/print.html?entry=/2012/08/obama_signs_emergency_declarat.html

So I presume you have recording of the conversations? I mean you wouldnt want to lie now, would you?

Wanna bet?

Lets see how many Republican Governors ask for federal aid

Wanna bet?

Lets see how many Republican Governors ask for federal aid

I dont gamble, but i dont think betting that you dont have a recording of the conversations is going to be that risky.

What do you expect the Convention delegates to do? They are 400 miles from the storm and have a duty to cast their votes for the next president of the US.

The governors have everything under control.

Obama will steal the thunder of the GOP convention

As Republicans attack him from the floor, Obama will be acting presidential providing aid to hurricane victims

acting is what he does best.

governing?

not so much

Acting is what Reagan did...as in acting like a stone cold little bitch after the Marine Barracks were bombed in 83. The **** turned tail and ran. I have never been so embarrassed of a president.

1983 Beirut barracks bombing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What did you expect him to do? Bomb a bunch of innocent people, or just leave the marines there as targets for terrorists? The Navy screwed the pooch on that one by massing all those marines in one building without adequate security to ensure their safety. The sentries didn't even have loaded weapons. Reagan was not responsible for that foul up.

Threatens the Gulf Coast with destruction? A little too much melodrama, me thinks. It'll be a CAT 1 Hurricane by the time it hits the coast. Now, if it were a CAT 3 or higher...

Thousands of Tampa area residents, employed in businesses that will be patronized throughout the convention... Some of them working multiple jobs to make ends meet in this horrible 0bamaconomy...

And democratics want them to throw that away because a storm is threatening another part of the country?

Compassionate liberalism???

I thought Florida had a Republican governor.
Yes we do. A Republican governor who has made it virtually impossible to collect unemployment simply so he could claim that unemployment has dropped under his leadership.

And how did he do that?

Forum List

Back