GOP=White People's Party?

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Orange_Juice, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Orange_Juice

Orange_Juice Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +58
    A little history.

Use to be that the party of Lincoln was the party blacks voted for. Woodrow Wilson reinforced the Democrats anti-Black stance when he fired the White House's black staff and praised the racist movie Birth of a Nation. But that changed with the new deal. Many northern blacks started to vote for democrats because of social justice issues--blacks were not allowed to vote in most of the south. The Democtratic party began to divide over Civil Rights issues as the Conservative Southern Democrats looked on with horror as Northern Democrats and liberal Republicans began to stand up for the rights of blacks to live in freedom. FDR helped get fair employment practices in the northern factories, but it was his wife that really made a lot of noise on behalf of civil rights, drawing death threats and assassination attempts from angry whites in the KKK.

Harry Truman really began pushing the envelop when he decided to integrate the military. The South was furious and many southerners left their home--the Democratic party--and formed a racial party, the Dixiecrats, whose slogan was "Segregation Forever!" This white supremecist party actually won several southern states in the 1948 election, but Truman still won.

The next decade and a half were a time of flux for the parties, as Eisenhower showed Dixiecrats the Republicans couldn't be trusted either, but when LBJ signed the Civil Rights act and the Voting Rights act and the federal government began taking a direct role in registering blacks to vote and ensuring school integration Southern Democrats flocked out of the Democratic party to the Republicans.

Conservative politicians were able to use racially charged terms like "States Rights" and "Federal Intervention" to appeal to white southerners. Nixon's "Southern Strategy" is well known, as is the fact Ronald Reagan started his 1980 presidential run in Philidelphia, Mississippi with a big States Rights rally. Philidelphia was one of the places that had witnessed one of the worst murders by White Supremicists during the civil rights movement. Reagan knew what he was doing. The South basically has taken over the now Rump Republican party and turned it into, in many ways, the Dixiecrat party light. No wonder they are so hated, and so....well...White

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Whites would be hated whether they were Republicans, Democrats, Communists or Fascists.

Only, whites think everyone loves them.

As they head for minority staus in 2042, they'll find out just how cool it is to be outnumbered by those who hate you.

3. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Not all Whites. William.

There's a few that I think are okay.

Not many, of course.

4. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,988
    OJ another liberal that has white guilt. Get over it. Even IF you were right, which you are not, WHO cares? No one raises a racist issue when 95 percent of blacks vote democrat.

5. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    Ah yes, the delusion of racist Republicans that White people are voting for O out of some sense of White guilt.

Very few Whites I know feel the slightest guilt about what has happened to Blacks, regardless of their party affiliation.

Nevertheless, many of them are going to vote for O, based on issues.

Can I assume, given your obvious obsession about other people's race guilt, that you are voting for McCain because he is White?

Or are you planning on voting for him because you think he will be the superior POTUS?

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,988
    I am voting for him because Obama is a racist and so far left you can not see him on the scale. He is associated with the dirties political machine in the Country and has in the past won not at the ballot box but by character assassination of his opponents before the election, through that dirty machine that runs him.

As I said, I would have voted for Hillary over McCain. But given this choice it is McCain all the way. He is a liberal but not nearly as far left as Obama.

There is no "shining" change at all. Obama is a dirty politician , probably more dirty then most and the press is NOT doing it's job. They want him to win so do not investigate the obvious chinks in his facade. Meanwhile we get to hear about every member of McCain's staff on the smallest thing.

You go ahead and help the press elect our President and see where that gets ya.

7. editec

editec Mr. Forgot-it-All

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,617
    So you're voting for McCain because he is not Obama, then.

You would have? Interesting. Would you have been voting for Hill out of you sense Masculine guilt, then?

No?

But still you believe that people who side with O are doing so because of White Guilt.

Yeah, poor MaCain, he's a hard luck candidate.

It can hardly get me less than electing (or failing to elect) the last six PsOTUS got me.

I don't really expect much personal benefit from either candidate, if elected, to be honest.

Like you I'm voting AGAINST a candidate, rather than so much FOR one.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  8. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,823
    I'm not voting for Obama because some of my ancestors were slave owners and it would make them spin in their graves.

They sacrificed to have slaves and I'm not about to disrespect their memories.

9. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Whites have gone from complete dehumanization of blacks through slavery to complete dehumanization of the THEMSELVES through black god worship.

It's all crazy.

10. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,823
    I don't think anyone worships him because he's black. He's just charismatic and different. Or seemingly different, I really have come to see him as the same old same old.