GOP prepares bill that will addess seperating children from parents

Please explain how the kids are not being punished.

Why do I need to explain it when you explain it better than I do ... The children are the Trojan Horse ... ;)

There's no need to invade a country and reshape the landscape with missiles and battleships ...
When you can use women and children to destroy it from the inside out without firing a shot.

So this justifies punishing children by seperating them from their families instead of creating family detention areas while their cases are being heard?

If they arent Mexican you cant boot them back to to Mexico. Try to at least pretend you are knowledgable.

Of course you can if that's where they were when they tried to cross into the US. Kick em back to Mexico. Hundreds of them were in Tijuana, Mexico.

I doubt they were in Canada. Mexico is the only place they can cross into the US.

At least try to pretend you are knowledgable.
You might want to check deportation laws. It is back to country of origin not countries they passed through.

Now go back to pretending you know what you are talking about.
If they arent Mexican you cant boot them back to to Mexico. Try to at least pretend you are knowledgable.

Of course you can if that's where they were when they tried to cross into the US. Kick em back to Mexico. Hundreds of them were in Tijuana, Mexico.

I doubt they were in Canada. Mexico is the only place they can cross into the US.

You might want to check deportation laws. It is back to country of origin not countries they passed through.

Shift in thought
Over the past year, some US politicians have talked up the idea of returning foreigners without legal documentation to the 'territory from which they came,' whether or not that's their home. Mexico could bear the brunt, but assessments of its asylum system vary.

Seems maybe you should pretend you know what you are talking about.

Good story here. Mexico is issuing humanitarian visas.

I think it quite possible that these south Americans can be returned to Mexico.

You may be right and I may be right. Only time will tell.

As US tightens stance on migrants and refugees, is Mexico prepared to take more?
Problem is...if Mexico refuses
So punish the children to get at the parents. Typical RWNJ reasoning.

The Trojan Horse has been around a lot longer than President Trump ... :thup:

No different than American children who's parents goto jail.

Your bleeding heart is not relevant to THE LAW
Very different. If a parent is determined to be the sole caretaker of a deoendent a judge will often not incarcerate them until sentencing psrticularly when it is a minor offense. Now obviously that wouldn't apply to someone considered dangerous.
Nor someone who is NOT AN AMERICAN CITIZEN.

Yes. Even when someone is not an American citizen.

Ryan not comfortable with separating parents, kids at border
How cute.....Sanders quotes a book that trump never reads....
"Two Corinthians"
trump and Magoo are an embarrassment.....

Isn't it funny how a country can care more about an illegal family being separated who knows this going into it and has the choice to simply not come here, but not nearly so much concern when it is employed against its own citizens, such as when the children are taken from their parents for the stupidest of reasons such as letting their kids walk home from the park just down the road coming home to eat.

What makes you think we aren't? I think people go to far in removing children from their families in some cases, that being one of them. However, we are talking thousands of kids here in this one immediate situation.

Shift in thought
Over the past year, some US politicians have talked up the idea of returning foreigners without legal documentation to the 'territory from which they came,' whether or not that's their home. Mexico could bear the brunt, but assessments of its asylum system vary.

As US tightens stance on migrants and refugees, is Mexico prepared to take more?
The Trojan Horse has been around a lot longer than President Trump ... :thup:

Very different. If a parent is determined to be the sole caretaker of a deoendent a judge will often not incarcerate them until sentencing psrticularly when it is a minor offense. Now obviously that wouldn't apply to someone considered dangerous.

They are JUST AS MUCH IN THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY as their parents are. They can stay confined until their parents are shipped out or a family member from their home country sends for them.

I am amazed by the contortionist abilities of some here as they try to avoid directly addressing the core issue. They'll talk circles around it but never quite hit it. They'll redirect to what happens to American citizens and children in the criminal justice system (a completely different thing because they have far more protections and the law can act with discretion when a person is the primary caretaker of a dependent).

The issue is this. We have enacted a new policy that without question punishes children. This is not a trip to Disneyland for them. Anyone who is a parent with an ounce of integrity should recognize what this does to children.

But all the arguments swirl around "blame" - it's the parents fault, yada yada yada. That is irrelevent. It's irrelevant because it's not the just the parents who are being "punished" by this. It's the kids. It doesn't matter WHO is to blame but WHO is taking the pain. And it's the kids who have not done anything wrong.

So, are we justified in doing this to the kids? This is not the parents. This is the kids. So forget the parents.

So this justifies punishing children by seperating them from their families instead of creating family detention areas while their cases are being heard?

I would have done everything possible keep the families together long enough to ensure they were deposited back to the other side of the border.

If you want to appease foreign nationals by letting them into our country and grant them the ability to alter our domestic policy ...
What happens to them in the process is your fault and your problem ... Perhaps you should have thought of that crap before hand ... :thup:

Shift in thought

They are JUST AS MUCH IN THIS COUNTRY ILLEGALLY as their parents are. They can stay confined until their parents are shipped out or a family member from their home country sends for them.

No argument there. So why can't they be confined in family units? Use all those leftover FEMA trailers if you have to. Any reason why we can't use some other means rather than 100% seperation?

I would have done everything possible keep the families together long enough to ensure they were deposited back to the other side of the border.

If you want to appease foreign nationals by letting them into our country and grant them the ability to alter our domestic policy ...
What happens to them in the process is your fault and your problem ... Perhaps you should have thought of that crap before hand ... :thup:

That is my point. It has nothing to do with appeasing anyone. It has to do with what kind of policies we choose to use in order to maintain border control.

No argument there. So why can't they be confined in family units? Use all those leftover FEMA trailers if you have to. Any reason why we can't use some other means rather than 100% seperation?

I have no problem with letting Mexico borrow the FEMA trailers and set up a camp in Tijuana or Juarez.
It's the least a good neighbor could do.

Last edited:

Why do I need to explain it when you explain it better than I do ... The children are the Trojan Horse ... ;)

There's no need to invade a country and reshape the landscape with missiles and battleships ...
When you can use women and children to destroy it from the inside out without firing a shot.

long ago----when I used to INTERVIEW and EXAMINE----kids who were in the process of getting out of the navy-------I always noticed how they SPELLED the reason for being in my office-------a clue to their POTENTIAL---------so many of them MISSPELLED ----the reason

S E P A R A T I O N
no matter-----even if they could not spell------I urged them to take
advantage of the G I BILL for education-------it is NEVAH HOPELESS

That is my point. It has nothing to do with appeasing anyone. It has to do with what kind of policies we choose to use in order to maintain border control.

The policy is that we don't simply allow people to illegally cross our border.
You ignore that policy ... Hence another reason why it's your problem.

Don't cry because your desires turned everything into a fricken mess.

I have no problem with letting Mexico Borrow the FEMA trailers and set up a camp in Tijuana or Juarez.
It's the least a good neighbor could do.

Mexico has no responsibility illegal immigration over our border - that's up to us. Just like we're not responsible for any of our people who try to leave our country and go into Canada. Or Mexico.

The policy is that we don't simply allow people to illegally cross our border.
You ignore that policy ... Hence another reason why it's your problem.

Don't cry because your desires turned everything into a fricken mess.

Who's talking about letting people illegally enter? I have no issue with good border control. Try another tactic.

Shift in thought

I do not like the idea of attempting to keep whole families together-----
because it is a BIG TIME expense. Far easier and CHEAPER to pack
women into women's barracks, men into male barracks and children into
kiddie facilities. Women can keep the babies and have lots of other women around to help, Call them SHELTERS -----not jails----most of all
SHORTEN THE TIME FOR THE PROCESS------

kiddie facilities. Women can keep the babies and have lots of other women around to help, Call them SHELTERS -----not jails----most of all
Shelters keep women and children together.

Who's talking about letting people illegally enter? I have no issue with good border control. Try another tactic.

Someone who legally enters the country is not detained for a hearing ... Try another tactic

Shelters keep women and children together.

depends on the KIND OF SHELTER The thing called "shelter" in the very large county hospital complex in which I once worked was for kids-----
PENDING DISPOSITION of all kinds of legal issues. It was a separate building---------had a staff------and the kids stayed safe. As to the cross
border thing-----I believe babies (like under four) should stay with the women

Mexico has no responsibility illegal immigration over our border - that's up to us. Just like we're not responsible for any of our people who try to leave our country and go into Canada. Or Mexico.

At least you are willing to acknowledge it's illegal immigration in that statement ...
You better work harder at keeping your story straight ... :thup:

At least you are willing to acknowledge it's illegal immigration in that statement ...
You better work harder at keeping your story straight ... :thup:

it's illegal immigration--------historically a BIG HUMAN ACTIVITY

Forum List

Back