GOP May Not Support Extension of Payroll Tax Holiday

The Republicans do not support extending this tax cut, because they know it will help the economy.

And they are doing everything in their power to ruin the economy before the election.

But it won't work.

The economy is recovering and will continue to do so.

Tax cuts help the economy? Wait, huh?

:lol:

So:
A) the payroll tax cut is so small it doesn't matter; or
B) it's so large it'll break social security; or
C) Republicans mindlessly repeat whatever they're told to say, no matter how ridiculous.

Tax cuts on the people who are in this group will spurn on the economy.

They have to spend it into the economy.

Tax cuts on the wealthy just get banked.

The wealthy have done GREAT in this economic mess.

lets get the people who benifited from it to help clean up the mess that made them money but harmed the rest of us.

The Republicans are terrified that the economy will recover further before the election.

The stimulus worked, and we are recovering.

The Republicans are terrified that the economy will recover further before the election.

The stimulus worked, and we are recovering.

You've been saying this for two years.... and we're still in the shitter.

Time to reach into your talking points bag and grab a new one Chris. Personally, I like the "Republicans want to make old folks eat dog food" one... that's a gem!

So the Repubs DON'T have a problem raising taxes :eusa_whistle: Oh, thats right, its only on wage-earners not dividends :rolleyes:

No, you fucking idiot... there are a ton of conservatives that support equal treatment by law under government by having a flat EQUAL tax rate on every dollar earned by every citizen with zero exceptions, deductions, or loopholes....
It's people like your fucking dumb ass that will complain when someone gets a cut off a burden rate that you don't have to pay because of the efforts done to support unequal treatment and class warfare...

"Equal" is such a relative term.

Looks like a shallow pre-emptive attack and feigned outrage on the part of Durbin. He's known for that stuff. He's as shallow and corrupt as they come in our Government. The GOP will likely extend the Payroll Tax Holiday and Durbin knows that. Once again,much ado about nothing from another shallow hypocrite.

The Republicans do not support extending this tax cut, because they know it will help the economy.

And they are doing everything in their power to ruin the economy before the election.

But it won't work.

The economy is recovering and will continue to do so.

Tax cuts help the economy? Wait, huh?

:lol:

Putting money in the hands of the middle class helps a stale economy. But you are referring to tax cuts for your corporate masters aren't you?

So the Repubs DON'T have a problem raising taxes :eusa_whistle: Oh, thats right, its only on wage-earners not dividends :rolleyes:

No, you fucking idiot... there are a ton of conservatives that support equal treatment by law under government by having a flat EQUAL tax rate on every dollar earned by every citizen with zero exceptions, deductions, or loopholes....
It's people like your fucking dumb ass that will complain when someone gets a cut off a burden rate that you don't have to pay because of the efforts done to support unequal treatment and class warfare...

Is 0% taxation on a dollar earned equal to 35% taxation on a dollar earned??

No...

What you advocate is SUBJECTIVE equal treatment... so that you can scream for equal treatment when it benefits you, and justify unequal treatment when it justifies you.... you also love the SUBJECTIVE concept of fairness, because with that sliding scale, you can argue for anything that benefits you at the expense of others as well

No...

What you advocate is SUBJECTIVE equal treatment... so that you can scream for equal treatment when it benefits you, and justify unequal treatment when it justifies you.... you also love the SUBJECTIVE concept of fairness, because with that sliding scale, you can argue for anything that benefits you at the expense of others as well

Hahahah.

The progressive system is fair/equal in that its the dollars that are taxed, not the person. We both are taxed the same rate on our 10,000th earned and are both taxed the same on our millionth dollar earned. The rates between the two amounts vary, but it doesn't matter who you are, the tax rate on the actual dollar never changes. Seems fair.

I know you aren't going to see it that way.

Durbin never met a Tax-Hike he didn't fall in love with. So what the Hell is all this feigned outrage shit coming from him? I guess his supporters really are very dumbed-down people. Him bitchin about possible Tax-Hikes is utterly preposterous. He's one of those old corrupt politicians who definitely needs to go. He's just been there too long.

Kyl: GOP May Not Support Extension Of Payroll Tax Holiday | Fox News

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, said not extending the payroll tax holiday will amount to a tax increase of $1,500 for the average family.
"If we don't provide the tax relief that President Obama has asked for, families are going to see an increase in taxes," said Durbin, who appeared with Kyl. "I can't believe that at a time when working families in this country are struggling paycheck to paycheck, when we need them to have the resources to buy thing in our economy, to create wealth and profitability and more jobs, that the Republican position is, they'll raise the payroll tax on working families? I think that just defies logic."

The Norquist Pledge - pledge -- signed by 236 House lawmakers and 41 senators

Does Grover have a problem taxing the Middle Class?

Don't tax the rich. They make jobs. Only they aren't. Odd that.

very smart of them. not collecting payroll taxes will bust social security quicker than a pig can fart.

Sen. Dick Durbin of Illinois, the second-ranking Democrat in the Senate, said not extending the payroll tax holiday will amount to a tax increase of $1,500 for the average family.
"If we don't provide the tax relief that President Obama has asked for, families are going to see an increase in taxes," said Durbin, who appeared with Kyl. "I can't believe that at a time when working families in this country are struggling paycheck to paycheck, when we need them to have the resources to buy thing in our economy, to create wealth and profitability and more jobs, that the Republican position is, they'll raise the payroll tax on working families? I think that just defies logic."

very smart of them. not collecting payroll taxes will bust social security quicker than a pig can fart.

YOU LIE!!! :eusa_liar: :eusa_hand: The Democrats have an offset provision WillowTank.

YOU LIE!!! :eusa_liar: :eusa_hand: The Democrats have an offset provision WillowTank.

I dew not lie dogpig

No...

Hahahah.

The progressive system is fair/equal in that its the dollars that are taxed, not the person. We both are taxed the same rate on our 10,000th earned and are both taxed the same on our millionth dollar earned. The rates between the two amounts vary, but it doesn't matter who you are, the tax rate on the actual dollar never changes. Seems fair.

Is dollar #10K of person A taxed the same was as dollar #200K of person B? Is dollar #10K of person C from wages taxed the same was as dollar #10K from person D as capital gains??

No

All dollars are not taxed the same as income

You're about as dumb as they come... or you blindly lie to support this class warfare bullshit

Fair is SUBJECTIVE, asshole... equal treatment is not

No...

Hahahah.

Is dollar #10K of person A taxed the same was as dollar #200K of person B? Is dollar #10K of person C from wages taxed the same was as dollar #10K from person D as capital gains??

No

You're about as dumb as they come... or you blindly lie to support this class warfare bullshit

LOL, name calling help you get your point across?

We both earn 10,000 we get taxed the same. We both earn 1 million dollars, we get taxed the same. Fair.

You want to compare the rates that are applied to the 10,000 dollar and the 1,000,000 dollar and cry about that being unfair. Its not, but you want to see it that way. No one is treating you or me any differently. Like I said...."Equal" is a relative term.

I will agree with you though about income taxes and income derived from capital gains. They are not taxed the same and there needs to be a fix for that.

Last edited:
Hahahah.

No

We both earn 10,000 we get taxed the same. We both earn 1 million dollars, we get taxed the same. Fair.

You want to compare the rates that are applied to the 10,000 dollar and the 1,000,000 dollar and cry about that being unfair. Its not, but you want to see it that way. No one is treating you or me any differently. Like I said...."Equal" is a relative term.

I will agree with you though about income taxes and income derived from capital gains. They are not taxed the same and there needs to be a fix for that.

No.... we are NOT taxed the same...

Fair... again SUBJECTIVE

When each dollar earned is not taxed the same, just as dollar $1 is taxed the same as dollar # 200K in a equal treatment sales tax system, it is unequal treatment based on subjective "ability to pay"... treating the dollars as if they are different and treating the people different because of a subjective premise of "fairness"...

You, and those who support a graduated or progressive tax, love for those who earn more to pay more of a share on the dollars they earn that you do not... it is as simple as that... you want the benefit at someone else's expense

No

Fair... again SUBJECTIVE

When each dollar earned is not taxed the same, just as dollar $1 is taxed the same as dollar # 200K in a equal treatment sales tax system, it is unequal treatment based on subjective "ability to pay"... treating the dollars as if they are different and treating the people different because of a subjective premise of "fairness"...

You, and those who support a graduated or progressive tax, love for those who earn more to pay more of a share on the dollars they earn that you do not... it is as simple as that... you want the benefit at someone else's expense

Well the dollars are different. There is only so much money needed for a basic cost of living. Hence why those dollars are taxed at a lower rate. Everyones dollars to cover those basic needs are taxed at a lower rate. Its the money that is used to enjoy luxuries beyond basic needs that is taxed at a higher rate....for everyone. You're right, Fair is subjective. Just like I said...earlier Equal is relative. What you consider equal is obviously different than what I consider equal.

At least you didn't feel the need to call me a name this time. I'd call that progress.

And it's not as simple as "I want the benefit at someone else's expense". I would be willing to bet I make quite a bit more than you but I realize what is fair.....but then again...that's subjective.

Fair... again SUBJECTIVE

Well the dollars are different. There is only so much money needed for a basic cost of living. Hence why those dollars are taxed at a lower rate. Everyones dollars to cover those basic needs are taxed at a lower rate. Its the money that is used to enjoy luxuries beyond basic needs that is taxed at a higher rate....for everyone. You're right, Fair is subjective. Just like I said...earlier Equal is relative. What you consider equal is obviously different than what I consider equal.

At least you didn't feel the need to call me a name this time. I'd call that progress.

And it's not as simple as "I want the benefit at someone else's expense". I would be willing to bet I make quite a bit more than you but I realize what is fair.....but then again...that's subjective.

His potty- mouth doesn't help his argument contrary to what he may think. :cuckoo:

Durbin whining about Tax-Hikes? Man,do people actually buy this shit? Is he up for re-election soon or something? Durbin is a disingenous little man. He represents everything that is wrong with Government. Just more 'Party before Country' for him. He knows the GOP will be extending the Payroll Tax Holiday. It was their idea & invention for God's sake. That idiot likely opposed it when it was first being proposed. His supporters really are silly dunces if they believe this stuff.

Forum List

Back