GOP Leadership Memo Suggests Senate Cannot Block Trial If House Votes To Impeach Trump

I don’t believe this. I believe the GOP will turn on trump.

Do you really think the Senate Republicans are so delusional that they will be able to vanquish the Dems without Trump's supporters?

You could be right, but I have my doubts.
Anything can happen but if a Republican votes Trump out, he will never win another election-the Dems sure aren't going to vote for them!
One more instance that repubs believe in political party before country
And Dems don't???

Spiro Agnew’s Ghost

@SpiroAgnewGhost

·
Sep 28

Replying to
@JohnWDean
Indeed.

I remember that Nixon had Agnew act as a pit bull and criticize college kids and Democrats-it worked. Trump does the attacking himself and it makes him look bad.

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles” of impeachment, states the memo.

The Republican leadership issued a memo Saturday clarifying that the Senate must take action if the House of Representatives approves articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump. The statement came in response to concerns that the Senate could simply refuse to hold a trial.

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles to the Senate,” stated the memo, which was obtained by HuffPost. “The rules of impeachment are clear on this point.”

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) also said as much in a March interview with NPR: “If it [impeachment] were to happen, the Senate has no choice. If the House were to act, the Senate immediately goes into a trial.”

McConnell could call a vote on a motion to dismiss, which would effectively amount to a vote to acquit Trump of wrongdoing.

GOP Leadership Memo Suggests Senate Cannot Block Trial If House Votes To Impeach Trump

Sounds good - but apparently "McConnell could call a vote on a motion to dismiss, which would effectively amount to a vote to acquit Trump of wrongdoing." I don't trust any of them!
Oh, it's the bill of suggestions now?

You don't like him so what? Fact-he did not get American boys killed and maimed in a war like Bush did-in the wrong country! Fact-he got unemployment figures for blacks lowest since 1969, something Obama could not do. Is he a bully, yes. He HAS a place in our government because he was ELECTED there. Do the mature thing and work to get him defeated in 2020-don't try end runs with made up political garbage or personality attacks.
Just a quickie 3rd before my 2nd love FB Just what did he do to get those unemployment figures for blacks so low?
after all obama had 75 straight months of 6 digit employment gains Think any blacks were among those?
Apparently not-I don't believe or figures that reach back in history- 6 digit gains? How is that mathematically possible?
Look in the record It's black and white
The numbers are fuzzy but apparently you are right. I stand corrected, throw the bum out!
3rd Wish all posters here were as easy to get along with as you
I am now looking forward to an inquiry and possible trial of Trump. If he becomes humble as a result of this, then maybe it was all worth it. He did act presidential for some of the Kavanaugh hearing, and I think people would take to that. If he does not change, or if he is found guilty, then we get Pence and I give up any interest in politics.

I don’t believe this. I believe the GOP will turn on trump.

Do you really think the Senate Republicans are so delusional that they will be able to vanquish the Dems without Trump's supporters?

Anything can happen but if a Republican votes Trump out, he will never win another election-the Dems sure aren't going to vote for them!
And Dems don't???
As a general rule, no. There is a real risk this impeachment thing is gonna be political suicide but they are doing it anyway, because it's the right thing to do.

Can you picture a republican doing something like that?

I sure as fuck can't.
The Republicans did it with Clinton for the same reason-HATRED and revenge. There is no nobility on either side. All any of this has done is remind people why they hate politicians.

And Dems don't???
As a general rule, no. There is a real risk this impeachment thing is gonna be political suicide but they are doing it anyway, because it's the right thing to do.

I sure as fuck can't.
I sure would like to see the republicans in front of the nation stand up for this scum we have in the WH Then see how many get re-elected
Everyone of them in a red district. You can't wear a MAGA hat without getting attacked, but people will still vote for Trump in secret. Lindsey Graham has stood up for him and he hates Trump-he was once his BIGGEST critic alongside McCain. And by the way, this is a political gimmick on the part of the Dems-they don't want Biden, but figure he is the only one that can beat Trump, so they have to get Trump out of the way so they can get Biden out of the way.

And Dems don't???

I sure as fuck can't.

Why is it the "right thing" to do? To teach millions of deplorable Americans that their vote doesn't matter, and they might as well stay home during future elections?

Trump is a modern day, Wat Tyler, who stood up to English Deep State in 1381. Back then they called the Deplorables "peasants", but it was the same concept. Tyler and Trump showed courage in being willing to speak Truth to power.
Trump is in the same boat with the Rosenbergs
It was a gas chamber-not a boat

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles” of impeachment, states the memo.

The Republican leadership issued a memo Saturday clarifying that the Senate must take action if the House of Representatives approves articles of impeachment against President Donald Trump. The statement came in response to concerns that the Senate could simply refuse to hold a trial.

“There is no way we could somehow bar the doors and prevent the managers from presenting the articles to the Senate,” stated the memo, which was obtained by HuffPost. “The rules of impeachment are clear on this point.”

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) also said as much in a March interview with NPR: “If it [impeachment] were to happen, the Senate has no choice. If the House were to act, the Senate immediately goes into a trial.”

McConnell could call a vote on a motion to dismiss, which would effectively amount to a vote to acquit Trump of wrongdoing.

Sounds good - but apparently "McConnell could call a vote on a motion to dismiss, which would effectively amount to a vote to acquit Trump of wrongdoing." I don't trust any of them!
Oh, it's the bill of suggestions now?
If the House impeaches, there will be a trial.

The difference between them both is Nixon left in shame Trump has no shame

President Trump didn't do anything wrong
Not anything illegal
I think that's still to be decided and IMHO it doesn't look good for Trump Asking a foreign power for help in your election is impeachable ,,,,,,,,,as far as I know
Did he say "help me", or do me a favor-I have said both and they are worlds apart in meaning. Anything is impeachable, because impeachment is political-not legal. Clinton got a blow job, is that illegal? NO, or we are all in trouble.

If you click your heels three times while you say that, you'll be back in Novosibirsk.

At this very moment, Trump's constitutional responsibilities include protecting the whistleblower's identity under the law. How's he handling that?

If you click your heels three times while you say that, you'll be back in Novosibirsk.

At this very moment, Trump's constitutional responsibilities include protecting the whistleblower's identity under the law. How's he handling that?

its the Pencil Necked Geek, Adam Schiff, who wants to parade the whistleblower before the house committee, not President Trump.

its the Pencil Necked Geek, Adam Schiff, who wants to parade the whistleblower before the house committee, not President Trump.

We must have had a failure to communicate - I asked how Trump was handling it. He has an Article 2 responsibility to see the laws faithfully executed.

We don't know because the media and morons like you never tell the truth.

I thought you had special non-media and non-moron sources of information. What do they tell you?

Ah.... I love it when left-wingers start complaining about "trust".

When a left-winger can't "trust" someone, that lends automatic credibility to that person. A left-winger only has lies and evil in his soul. Anyone they oppose, is by definition a good person.

Hey Andy You're not even allowed to nod? lol
LAS VEGAS (AP) — GOP Rep. Mark Amodei's comment seemed harmless enough. Asked what he thought of the Democrats' impeachment probe into President Donald Trump, the Nevada Republican gave reporters a vague dodge: "Let's put it through the process and see what happens."

Within about an hour, Amodei was on phone calls with his party's leaders and the White House, explaining himself. No, he did not intend to be the first Republican to endorse the investigation, he told House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, as his Facebook page exploded with angry Republicans.

Amodei's episode stemming from a phone call with reporters last Friday is something of a cautionary tale for Republicans as they try to answer questions about impeachment, Trump's behavior and the rocky road ahead. In the highly charged partisan environment, even nods to bipartisanship or process can sound like betrayal.

Mikey face it You and your pals have no idea about what truth really is,,,,,,,but you have tons of alternative facts

He is not a whistleblower correctly speaking-he is a second hand gossip relayer.

He is not a whistleblower correctly speaking-he is a second hand gossip relayer.

Who says?

Forum List

Back