GOP Gov. Jindal calls Obama's plan irresponsible

I don't see why I bother trying to talk sense into some on here at this point. Obama could personally cure cancer and this financial crisis and some would still say he's the worst thing since the creation of Liberalism.

Hell, at this point part of me just wants to see this bill of his succeed so a great deal of people on this board have to admit they were wrong and eat their crow. But even then, I doubt many will have the balls to do that.

Then give up.

You forgot to add " and go away, little boy."

is there n oplace in your america to

be oposed to gay marriage
be opposed to abortion

the patriot actis a matter of national securtiy in atime of war...notice obama hasn't repealed it

guns are a right ... there is actually an amendment....unlike gay marriage and abortion...

if i own the land why can't i drill on it....

eramarks are a from of bribery....they have no place in politics....

is the theroy of inteligent design such a threat to evolution that you do not wish anyone to know of it....

I will explain further tomorrow but to just take out a couple of your points:

Abortion? Roe V Wade

Intelligent Design is trying to be taught as a scientific theory in schools when it isn't. It is the religious wingnuts answer to Evolution. Darwin never even stated that Evolution means there is no God which wingnuts like to believe. The only thing the church really has to go against Evolution is the fact the bible says we are above animals and it's always been that way; but go ahead and watch a couple riot videos and then come back and tell me we're any better.
Roe V Wade was BAD law

IS not was.And it isn't even law, it is a bullshit Unconstitutional Judicial creation of supposed law. Last I checked only Congress can enact laws, not Judges from the bench. Even if they are on the Supreme Court.

OMFG, are you listening to this shit? he's on the tube now!

he sounds like a cartoon, a total phony! what a hokey cornball!

Jindal, 2012!!!!! :lol:

It is not the messenger, it's the message.

God bless George W. Bush for proving it was bullshit so thoroughly.

-Joe

Jindal, 2012!!!!! :lol:

It is not the messenger, it's the message.

God bless George W. Bush for proving it was bullshit so thoroughly.

-Joe
and Obama is pushing the very same bullshit, only you are applauding
A little correction is in need: Our shit at least was passed without strain with a normal consistency, but theirs is just plain out diarrhea with a lot of cramps

Governor Bobby Jindal Gives The Republican Response

Absolutely awful. Jindal spoke like he was talking to a 5 year old - and the Americans don't like patronizing people. Not only that, but his ideas are the same ideas the Republican Party has been offering for the past 20 years - NEWSFLASH - THEY DON'T WORK!

JIM LEHRER: Now that, of course, was Gov. Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, making the Republican response. David, how well do you think he did?

DAVID BROOKS: Uh, not so well. You know, I think Bobby Jindal is a very promising politician, and I oppose the stimulus because I thought it was poorly drafted. But to come up at this moment in history with a stale "government is the problem," "we can't trust the federal government" - it's just a disaster for the Republican Party. The country is in a panic right now. They may not like the way the Democrats have passed the stimulus bill, but that idea that we're just gonna - that government is going to have no role, the federal government has no role in this, that - In a moment when only the federal government is actually big enough to do stuff, to just ignore all that and just say "government is the problem, corruption, earmarks, wasteful spending," it's just a form of nihilism. It's just not where the country is, it's not where the future of the country is. There's an intra-Republican debate. Some people say the Republican Party lost its way because they got too moderate. Some people say they got too weird or too conservative. He thinks they got too moderate, and so he's making that case. I think it's insane, and I just think it's a disaster for the party. I just think it's unfortunate right now.

Absolutely awful. Jindal spoke like he was talking to a 5 year old - and the Americans don't like patronizing people. Not only that, but his ideas are the same ideas the Republican Party has been offering for the past 20 years - NEWSFLASH - THEY DON'T WORK!

JIM LEHRER: Now that, of course, was Gov. Bobby Jindal, the governor of Louisiana, making the Republican response. David, how well do you think he did?

DAVID BROOKS: Uh, not so well. You know, I think Bobby Jindal is a very promising politician, and I oppose the stimulus because I thought it was poorly drafted. But to come up at this moment in history with a stale "government is the problem," "we can't trust the federal government" - it's just a disaster for the Republican Party. The country is in a panic right now. They may not like the way the Democrats have passed the stimulus bill, but that idea that we're just gonna - that government is going to have no role, the federal government has no role in this, that - In a moment when only the federal government is actually big enough to do stuff, to just ignore all that and just say "government is the problem, corruption, earmarks, wasteful spending," it's just a form of nihilism. It's just not where the country is, it's not where the future of the country is. There's an intra-Republican debate. Some people say the Republican Party lost its way because they got too moderate. Some people say they got too weird or too conservative. He thinks they got too moderate, and so he's making that case. I think it's insane, and I just think it's a disaster for the party. I just think it's unfortunate right now.

*yawn*

Democrats: This crisis was caused by insufficient government regulation.
Republicans: This crisis was caused by excessive government regulation.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

What I can say is that Jindal does not seem to be very charismatic. That was my first impression, at least. I had heard about him but not seen him on TV before.

*yawn*

Boring, true. But not inaccurate...

-Joe

*yawn*

-Joe
Why is it boring? I find it refreshing that a prominent conservative commentator isn't afraid to criticize the stale party line.

Yes.. I did see Obama on the tube... we was a cornball.. disingenuous... a complete phony

Amazing you and I were watching the same thing.

He said it all. He told you how he was going to cut wasteful government spending, balanced the budget, get people working, etc.

Do you remember when Bush sounded like this? He was campaigning. Most politicians stop making promises after they win.

That's because they don't actually intend to do what they say. But Obama really is going to do what he says.

OMG, I think we accidentily elected a good person to be president!!!! Holy SHIT!!!

The real problem with this country is the top 1% rich and powerful. They control too much of this country. They have it so they are "too big to fail".

Exactly what our founding fathers warned us about. Exactly why we have a death tax that takes half of their parents money when they die. Idiots with too much money and power are dangerous to democracy. Don't you get it?

So will Obama take the power away from the bankers that actually own our political system? No. But he'll at least push back. Bush helped the bankers push US!!!!!!

Don't you get that?

What better man could lead this country? Bobbi Jindal? Studdering mother fucker. And he's in his 30's. You guys are funny. Obama was too raw to lead, so here you bring a guy who's even more raw than Obama.

And Bobbi baby. The only reason you are doing ok is because the federal government bailed your state out. You still have Katrina money. God damn right you shouldn't take any more Federal money. You already have enough. And your state is losing 400 jobs a day.

Yes.. I did see Obama on the tube... we was a cornball.. disingenuous... a complete phony

the polls showed only 8% of viewers didn't like obama's spech. even republican viewers overwhelmingly liked it.

which means you are in the tiny minority of the extreme fringe right. the die hard bush dead enders

-Joe
Why is it boring? I find it refreshing that a prominent conservative commentator isn't afraid to criticize the stale party line.

I am amazed anytime I hear the Republicans use their "not enough tax breaks" line.

Do they not realize that we understand that for the last 8 years, the rich have gotten all the tax breaks? And they certainly aren't spending any of that money. Jobs are not being created from the Bush tax breaks. We did not get a fair share. And now 95% of us are going to get a tax break.

So who is Bobbi crying to? Please, keep it up GOP. Your message doesn't even scare me anymore. :clap2:

I think Obama will have an answer to all the problems Corporate America and the GOP throw his way. He isn't going to get Jimmy Carter'ed. :lol:

the polls showed only 8% of viewers didn't like obama's spech. even republican viewers overwhelmingly liked it.

which means you are in the tiny minority of the extreme fringe right. the die hard bush dead enders

And he is one of the guys who has the balls to call me a partisan hack.

I admit though, I do have a bit of a man crush on Barrack, and I also have a HUGE crush on Michelle Obama.

His "speech" was fine... it was a bunch of smoke blowing.. he really has no clue of what he is doing.... but the speech was fine

And funny... I am seeing no mention of a 92% approval rating for his speech....

And he is one of the guys who has the balls to call me a partisan hack.

I admit though, I do have a bit of a man crush on Barrack, and I also have a HUGE crush on Michelle Obama.

you don't gotta admit it to us....the midnight rimjobs you give him in the oval office is enough proof

His "speech" was fine... it was a bunch of smoke blowing.. he really has no clue of what he is doing.... but the speech was fine

And funny... I am seeing no mention of a 92% approval rating for his speech....

Funny... I saw a man who found a mess, got a handle on the big picture of where the bleeding is worst and outlined a plan for triage and treatment. It is a big fucking mess, too - not bad for a congressionally hampered team in 30 days.

The corporate puppet response was same shit, different messenger. Although this new one does have a decent tan.

-Joe

Forum List

Back