GOP Gov. Jindal calls Obama's plan irresponsible

Gunny

Gold Member
Dec 27, 2004
The Republic of Texas
By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer – 41 mins ago

WASHINGTON – Republican leaders continued their attacks on President Barack Obama's handling of the economy Tuesday, calling it irresponsible and certain to increase taxes and federal debt.

Responding in advance to Obama's televised speech to a joint session of Congress, top Republicans said the president relies too heavily on spending, and not enough on tax cuts, to try to revive the gasping economy. They said they want to work with Obama, and sometimes blamed congressional Democrats more than him. But their criticisms were sharp and plentiful.

"The way to lead is not to raise taxes and put more money and power in hands of Washington politicians," Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who gave the Republican Party's official response, said in excerpts released early. The massive economic stimulus bill recently enacted by Obama and congressional Democrats, Jindal said, will expand the government, "increase our taxes down the line, and saddle future generations with debt."

"It's irresponsible," said Jindal, who is eyeing a presidential bid in 2012.

Nice to see some still have some balls left.

WASHINGTON – Republican leaders continued their attacks on President Barack Obama's handling of the economy Tuesday, calling it irresponsible and certain to increase taxes and federal debt.

Responding in advance to Obama's televised speech to a joint session of Congress, top Republicans said the president relies too heavily on spending, and not enough on tax cuts, to try to revive the gasping economy. They said they want to work with Obama, and sometimes blamed congressional Democrats more than him. But their criticisms were sharp and plentiful.

"The way to lead is not to raise taxes and put more money and power in hands of Washington politicians," Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal, who gave the Republican Party's official response, said in excerpts released early. The massive economic stimulus bill recently enacted by Obama and congressional Democrats, Jindal said, will expand the government, "increase our taxes down the line, and saddle future generations with debt."

yeah, it sure is

Listening to Jindal speak is like having a used car salesmen try to convince me that I can actually afford that $400 a month car payment :lol:

Listening to Jindal speak is like having a used car salesmen try to convince me that I can actually afford that $400 a month car payment :lol:

well if you can't your democratic buddies will bail yer sorry aZz out...:lol:

Hi hunny bunny!

eah and Obama is like listening to that mortgage broker telling you that you can afford the payment and the intrest rate wont change :)

i will point out one thing I did like in the speech

He never said the words national healthcare or universal healthcare

He called it comprehensive health care reform

Jindal came off as a Snake Oil Salesman. Positions wise, he is very similar to Sarah Palin from what I've seen.

The biggest irony?

Jindal complaining about federal spending, but gee; where did all that money after Katrina come from? The sky? :eusa_whistle:

eah and Obama is like listening to that mortgage broker telling you that you can afford the payment and the intrest rate wont change :)

except that's not at all what Obama said... and you know it.

Hi Willow!

Welcome back.

Missed you....:cool:

Thanks... but I'm not really back.

OMG I'm laughing my ass off at this guys speech. His speech pattern is ridiculous and all his points are hysterical... almost like he didn't even listen to Obama's speech...

Americans can do anything... no shit dumbass....isn't that what our PRESIDENT JUST SAID? why yes, yes he did....

Jindal came off as a Snake Oil Salesman. Positions wise, he is very similar to Sarah Palin from what I've seen.

The biggest irony?

Jindal complaining about federal spending, but gee; where did all that money after Katrina come from? The sky? :eusa_whistle:
your confusing Obama with Jindal

Hi Willow!

Welcome back.

OMG I'm laughing my ass off at this guys speech. His speech pattern is ridiculous and all his points are hysterical... almost like he didn't even listen to Obama's speech...

Americans can do anything... no shit dumbass....isn't that what our PRESIDENT JUST SAID? why yes, yes he did....
more partisan BULLSHIT

not a surprise, from you and bobby

Hi Willow!

Welcome back.

yeah silence

you know what else Obama said

Closing GITMO blah blah blah, we don't torture, everyone should have rights

Fine

but then all of a sudden

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Hope and Change Administration: Detainees have “no constitutional rights”

Detainees being held at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan cannot use US courts to challenge their detention, the US says.

The justice department ruled that some 600 so-called enemy combatants at Bagram have no constitutional rights.

Most have been arrested in Afghanistan on suspicion of waging a terrorist war against the US.

The ruling has disappointed human rights lawyers who had hoped the Obama administration would take a different line to that of George W Bush.

Shouldn't everyone get the same rights as Obama and the dems are claiming

All hypocritical bullshit

Welcome back.

more partisan BULLSHIT

not a surprise, from you and bobby

it's great to see that the same bitter asshats are hanging around.....

do you plan on declining your tax cut DC?

Andrew2382 calling for detainees rights.

The world turned upside down.

Irresponsible, but he'll take most of it anyway.

Forum List

Back