GOP Debate Audience Boos U.S. Soldier in Iraq

Yea, a young American can risk his life defending this country, just as long as WE can decide who they are allowed to love.

USArmyRetired, you are a disgrace to the uniform and a traitor to this nation.

Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
Edmund Burke

Oh, stop the hysterical bullshit. You're such a fucking idiot.... no one is a 'traitor' because they disagree with your moronic crap.

Twit.

No one who boos an American soldier can call themselves a patriot.

Barry Goldwater said it best:
"Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism."

They didnt "boo" him or his service, they "booed" his political position. That is one of the freedoms our soldiers fight for us to be able to exercise.

Your twisting of the facts is more disgusting than either position on this issue.

Last edited:
Oh, stop the hysterical bullshit. You're such a fucking idiot.... no one is a 'traitor' because they disagree with your moronic crap.

Twit.

"Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism."

They didnt "boo" him or his service, they "booed" his political position. That is one of the freedoms our soldiers fight for us.

Your twisting of the facts is more disgusting than either position on this issue.

You're the one twisting the facts, Jack. They didn't boo his political position. They booed him for being gay, and uncloseted.

They didnt "boo" him or his service, they "booed" his political position. That is one of the freedoms our soldiers fight for us.

You're the one twisting the facts, Jack. They didn't boo his political position. They booed him for being gay, and uncloseted.

BedPoop says this because it spoke to them and they told it so?

:lol:

Oh and those booing told you this when?

Yea, a young American can risk his life defending this country, just as long as WE can decide who they are allowed to love.

Edmund Burke

Twit.

You're an idiot. Being in the military is just part of what a person represents. Would you boo a soldier if he was also a rapist? What if he was a pedophile? Being a soldier does not make one immune to criticism.

Now follw the concept carefully. There are some people out there who see homosexuality as disgusting as you (I'm assuming here, you might be ok with it... if you are insert something like normalcy in its place) view pedophilia. Are you ok with pedophiles in the military?

Before you go all "you're comparing homosexuals to..." on me. Stop. I'm not. I'm trying to explain to you how someone can find something they view as disgraceful in the military, boo them, and still be a patriot.

Mike

It is a sign that Americans do not approve of gays in the military. I agree.

Edmund Burke
Homosexuality is immoral and it is a sin. The bible says it. We don't need it in the military.

Your bible says a lot of things. All of it is crap. A decent person does not need some two thousand year old fairy tales handed down from some ignorant goat herders to decide what is right or wrong.

Twit.

You're an idiot. Being in the military is just part of what a person represents. Would you boo a soldier if he was also a rapist? What if he was a pedophile? Being a soldier does not make one immune to criticism.

Now follw the concept carefully. There are some people out there who see homosexuality as disgusting as you (I'm assuming here, you might be ok with it... if you are insert something like normalcy in its place) view pedophilia. Are you ok with pedophiles in the military?

Before you go all "you're comparing homosexuals to..." on me. Stop. I'm not. I'm trying to explain to you how someone can find something they view as disgraceful in the military, boo them, and still be a patriot.

Mike
Let's hope and pray that those who view homosexuality as disgusting (your word) as pedophilia are few in number and unable to pass the virulent bigotry they have on to others.

Last time I checked, pedophilia and rape are criminal offenses. Homosexuality is legal.

The only thing wrong with homosexuality is it presents a difference that the narrow minded exploit.

Twit.

Mike

OK ..fair enough

So they booed him because they find homosexuals to be revolting and they do not appreciate his serving our country

Just a quick review:

The summer of 2009 town hall meetings with elected representatives and the Conservative "dialog" presented en mass.

Not specific enough to respond to.

"You lie!" shouted at the President of the United States of America during his address to Congress.
And he was lying.

Cheers when the prospect of a hypothetically uninsured man dying as a result of lack of health coverage.
Hypothetical situation designed to envoke emotion. The fact that someone who does not prepare themselves for bad circumstances and suffers the consequences? I'm good with that.

Boos in reaction to a gay man serving in the service to the United States of America during war.
I don't like booing a soldier. I don't like open homosexuality in the military. Don't know why sexual preference is being talked about in the military period.

"I hope he fails!"~ Rush Limbaugh on the newly elected President.
If you believe that his plan is bad for the country and you don't want his vision for the country to happen. Of course you need soundbytes so you'll latch on to it.

A sterling run down on the boorish nature of the contemporary American "Conservative".

Some much to be proud of!

And an illustration of how you lack objectivity. There is plenty to criticize the right for, some of the points you made are examples but you choose rhetorical points questioning character instead of choosing to question the wisdom of the decision. Why is it the right and the left do that to each other? You sir, are the Hannity of the left. Congrats.

Mike

Mike
Let's hope and pray that those who view homosexuality as disgusting (your word) as pedophilia are few in number and unable to pass the virulent bigotry they have on to others.

Last time I checked, pedophilia and rape are criminal offenses. Homosexuality is legal.

The only thing wrong with homosexuality is it presents a difference that the narrow minded exploit.

Again. You missed the point.

Mike

Edmund Burke
Homosexuality is immoral and it is a sin. The bible says it. We don't need it in the military.

Your bible says a lot of things. All of it is crap. A decent person does not need some two thousand year old fairy tales handed down from some ignorant goat herders to decide what is right or wrong.

A decent person can disagree with another's beliefs without all the belittling...

On September 13, a GOP debate audience cheered loudly at the idea of letting sick patients die.

At the Thursday night debate, they topped their own sick selves, booing an American soldier serving his country in Iraq.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
John Kenneth Galbraith

Sounds like something out of the 3rd Reich Doctrine, or in current terms - Tea Party Doctrine

On September 13, a GOP debate audience cheered loudly at the idea of letting sick patients die.

At the Thursday night debate, they topped their own sick selves, booing an American soldier serving his country in Iraq.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness.
John Kenneth Galbraith

Sounds like something out of the 3rd Reich Doctrine, or in current terms - Tea Party Doctrine

Yep, because a few people booing equates to mass genocide............:cuckoo:

idiot

Mike

Mike

You know, here's the problem. Under DADT, if they find out you're homosexual, they kick you out of service. In order for it to remain fair with DODT, if they find out you're hetero they would have to kick you out too.

That is the only way to not make this blatant bias and bigoted discrimination based on some fundamentalist interpretation of religious ideology.

John Kenneth Galbraith

You're reasoning skills suck...

Edmund Burke

they also don't need to belittle someone else's faith simply because they don't share it.

HINT HINT

prove it.

Or, are you just going to say 'Well, what else could it be?' like a good little liberal Pansie.

Mike

You know, here's the problem. Under DADT, if they find out you're homosexual, they kick you out of service. In order for it to remain fair with DODT, if they find out you're hetero they would have to kick you out too.

That is the only way to not make this blatant bias and bigoted discrimination based on some fundamentalist interpretation of religious ideology.

But this isn't what the debate was about. This was about how unpatriotic it is to boo someone.

If I pulled a guy who was paralyzed on stage and he announced that he was a racist and hated all black people and you found that repulsive then booed him it would be disingenuous for me to say "Photonic booed a guy for being paralyzed".

Mike

Forum List

Back