A man I am proud to call my President

You know eots, I ran across this article last week, and it reminded me that no matter what policies or party you support, human decency is paramount. Bravo Mr. President...

I am sorry for your lack of proper upbringing eots.

Neither you or your shitty party has practiced decency in four years. Deal with it.

Why? Because Democrats didn't follow a minority agenda of hate that spews from Fox News, the right wing echo chamber, Rush Limbaugh and AM hate radio???

You know eots, I ran across this article last week, and it reminded me that no matter what policies or party you support, human decency is paramount. Bravo Mr. President...

Neither you or your shitty party has practiced decency in four years. Deal with it.

If you're speaking of the Democrat party? Four years? I think I can be confident in saying that they haven't practiced "decency" since prior to the days of the hippy in the 60s and 70s.

If you're speaking of the Democrat party? Four years? I think I can be confident in saying that they haven't practiced "decency" since prior to the days of the hippy in the 60s and 70s.

Your idea of "decency" hasn't matched up with "reality" for quite some time preceding the "hippy" days.

Anyone who is proud of a President who assassinates a 16 year old citizen without due process and with a cruel and unusual drone missile strike is proud of pure evil.

Anyone who ignores this is a coward.

Last edited:
Our differences unite us

Just last week, 10-year-old Sophia Bailey-Klugh wrote and illustrated an endearing letter to U. S. President Barack Obama and, as the daughter of a gay couple, thanked him for supporting same-sex marriage. She then asked for advice on how to respond to those who saw such a thing as "gross and weird." Her letter, and the reply she soon received, can be seen below.

Note: Obama's response has since been verified as genuine by an official spokesperson.

Transcript

Dear Barack Obama,

It's Sophia Bailey Klugh. Your friend who invited you to dinner. You don't remember okay that's fine. But I just wanted to tell you that I am so glad you agree that two men can love each other because I have two dads and they love each other. But at school kids think that it's gross and weird but it really hurts my heart and feelings. So I come to you because you are my hero. If you were me and you had two dads that loved each other, and kids at school teased you about it, what would you do?

Please respond!

I just wanted to say you really inspire me, and I hope you win on being the president. You would totally make the world a better place.

Your friend Sophia

P.S. Please tell your daughters Hi for me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the middle of his fight to be reelected, the president took some of his important time to share a little advice with a little girl:

Transcript

President Barack Obama

November 1, 2012

Miss Sophia Bailey-Klugh

Dear Sophia,

Thank you for writing me such a thoughtful letter about your family. Reading it made me proud to be your president and even more hopeful about the future of our nation.

In America, no two families look the same. We celebrate this diversity. And we recognize that whether you have two dads or one mom what matters above all is the love we show one another. You are very fortunate to have two parents who care deeply for you. They are lucky to have such an exceptional daughter in you.

Our differences unite us. You and I are blessed to live in a country where we are born equal no matter what we look like on the outside, where we grow up, or who our parents are. A good rule is to treat others the way you hope they will treat you. Remind your friends at school about this rule if they say something that hurts your feelings.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to me. I'm honored to have your support and inspired by your compassion. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to dinner, but I'll be sure to tell Sasha and Malia you say hello.

Sincerely,

(Signed, 'Barack Obama')

8160717011_8ea6447b55_o.jpg

8160751808_3578b934e5_o.jpg

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

His advice to her is to remind the other kids of the golden rule, so he's been about as helpful to this little girl as he has been to the 23,000,000 Americans still looking for a job.

Your idea of "decency" hasn't matched up with "reality" for quite some time preceding the "hippy" days.

Think? How do ya' figure...Mr. Wipple?

Our differences unite us

Just last week, 10-year-old Sophia Bailey-Klugh wrote and illustrated an endearing letter to U. S. President Barack Obama and, as the daughter of a gay couple, thanked him for supporting same-sex marriage. She then asked for advice on how to respond to those who saw such a thing as "gross and weird." Her letter, and the reply she soon received, can be seen below.

Note: Obama's response has since been verified as genuine by an official spokesperson.

Transcript

Dear Barack Obama,

It's Sophia Bailey Klugh. Your friend who invited you to dinner. You don't remember okay that's fine. But I just wanted to tell you that I am so glad you agree that two men can love each other because I have two dads and they love each other. But at school kids think that it's gross and weird but it really hurts my heart and feelings. So I come to you because you are my hero. If you were me and you had two dads that loved each other, and kids at school teased you about it, what would you do?

Please respond!

I just wanted to say you really inspire me, and I hope you win on being the president. You would totally make the world a better place.

Your friend Sophia

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the middle of his fight to be reelected, the president took some of his important time to share a little advice with a little girl:

Transcript

President Barack Obama

November 1, 2012

Miss Sophia Bailey-Klugh

Dear Sophia,

Thank you for writing me such a thoughtful letter about your family. Reading it made me proud to be your president and even more hopeful about the future of our nation.

In America, no two families look the same. We celebrate this diversity. And we recognize that whether you have two dads or one mom what matters above all is the love we show one another. You are very fortunate to have two parents who care deeply for you. They are lucky to have such an exceptional daughter in you.

Our differences unite us. You and I are blessed to live in a country where we are born equal no matter what we look like on the outside, where we grow up, or who our parents are. A good rule is to treat others the way you hope they will treat you. Remind your friends at school about this rule if they say something that hurts your feelings.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to me. I'm honored to have your support and inspired by your compassion. I'm sorry I couldn't make it to dinner, but I'll be sure to tell Sasha and Malia you say hello.

Sincerely,

(Signed, 'Barack Obama')

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

His advice to her is to remind the other kids of the golden rule, so he's been about as helpful to this little girl as he has been to the 23,000,000 Americans still looking for a job.

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

I wonder when that 10yr old will realize that she's up to her eyeballs in debt??

Don't think that she'll think Barry is the messiah then.

If your right wingers ever turn off the Fox propaganda channel and seek the truth, you will find out that Obama has lowered the deficit. There is no Obama spending binge.

Holy cow! You just didn't DRINK the kool-aid, you took an enema with it.:D

Our differences unite us

Transcript

Dear Barack Obama,

Please respond!

Your friend Sophia

Transcript

President Barack Obama

November 1, 2012

Miss Sophia Bailey-Klugh

Dear Sophia,

Sincerely,

(Signed, 'Barack Obama')

Barry Goldwater

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing.
Oscar Wilde

Poor kid. She's gonna have live with that the rest of her life.

Children should not be permitted to tease other children. Ostracism is the appropriate response, not teasing. After all, it's not the child's fault their parents are gay and they are being taught that being gay is a positive attribute. They should learn that others have the freedom to not accept degenerate behavior.

New Topics

Forum List

Back