Black GOP Official Resigns, Citing Arizona Tea Party Threats

Your statements are disingenuous, BAC. Republicans proudly took up the cause and marched off to the murderous battlefields dying in the hundreds of thousands to free the black man from slavery and make them fully participating equal citizens. Yet, even still with all of that, after the Civil War, Democrat racists immediately began to devise methods of limiting and denying the civil liberties of black people. One of the tools Democrats moved to utilize to control and safeguard the old racist societal order was the white Democrat racist legal system.

Have you forgotten of the recent whitewashing circa 1960's, southern democrats? Surely not, BAC.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/history/149836-republicans-the-real-allies-of-african-americans.html

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And the Republican Party began as an anti-slavery party .. and at one time nearly all African-Americans were republicans .. all MEANINGLESS today. Completely and totally MEANINGLESS.

What's your point?

Not meaningless, you're generalizing. There are racists in all ideologies. I know that you know that BAC.

And the Republican Party began as an anti-slavery party .. and at one time nearly all African-Americans were republicans .. all MEANINGLESS today. Completely and totally MEANINGLESS.

What's your point?

So you didn't bother to read the whole thread right?

I didn't read any of it.

I know my own history very well and I know the history of the Republican Party very well .. and I know the history of Civil Rights legislation very well .. and as I've said many times, one of my civil rights heroes is Conservative Republican Senator Everett Dirksen.

I do not require republicans to tell me how much of a friend they are to African-Americans or to attempt to think for African-Americans. I find that shit insulting.

So, to continue having this wonderful day without it ending with insult, think I'll skip your thread .. unless it's about civil conversation, not you thinking you know more about African-Americans .. or history than I do.

Another McCain malcontent. He needs to hitch his wagon to a national figure who isn't a loser.

McCain has represented Arizona in the Senate since 1987. Don't the people of Arizona get to decide who their representative is, or does the Tea party decide?

For folks who profess strict adherence to the Constitution, you have not problem ignoring it when it doesn't fit your agenda, or the candidate won't pass your 'purity test'. What next, 2nd amendment solutions?

"What is true of every member of the society, individually, is true of them all collectively; since the rights of the whole can be no more than the sum of the rights of the individuals." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1789. ME 7:455, Papers 15:393

McCain's flacks, like McCain, spend most of their time attacking other Republicans. They have to answer for that.

Could be because they're being attacked by Republicans too. :eusa_whistle:

What's your point?

Not meaningless, you're generalizing. There are racists in all ideologies. I know that you know that BAC.

Some ideologies REJECT overt racism .. some support it. You know that as well.

i've been talking to several teabaggers since they were part of the ron paul "movement." i tell them the same thing i'm saying to you.

Overt racism is not allowed in the democratic party. No secret why african-americans support them, even though i don't. No secret why democrats are the party of choice for almost all american minorities.

You have no argument about gays given the perspectives of democrats vs republicans. No argument at all.

The long and ugly-ass history of racism and hate of everything by the right-wing is no secret and the right-wing is among you. You cannot disavow them, you cannot reject them because you need their numbers.

My perception of the tea party comes up-close and personal.

your statements are disingenuous, bac. Republicans proudly took up the cause and marched off to the murderous battlefields dying in the hundreds of thousands to free the black man from slavery and make them fully participating equal citizens. Yet, even still with all of that, after the civil war, democrat racists immediately began to devise methods of limiting and denying the civil liberties of black people. One of the tools democrats moved to utilize to control and safeguard the old racist societal order was the white democrat racist legal system.

Have you forgotten of the recent whitewashing circa 1960's, southern democrats? Surely not, bac.

you have no understanding of history. The two parties today bear no resemblance to the parties at the time of the civil war. You are aware that abraham lincoln was a liberal i hope? And the dixiecrats of the 60's are now the republican southern conservatives. Read up on nixon and his 'southern strategy'

you're wrong!!..read my thread

I started this thread partly becouse of you, Read it quit showing you're ignorance

http://www.usmessageboard.com/history/149836-republicans-the-real-allies-of-african-americans.html

Not interested in your thread, not interested in your perspective.

If you have a question, then ask it .. else ...

I'm sad for you... thats close minded, if you don't want to learn or debate, there is no hope for you.

I love civil debate .. I'm real good at it.

I'll try your thread.

Last edited:
jroc are you aware the republican party for decades now have been determined by the courts to have attempted to keep Blacks from voting?

your statements are disingenuous, bac. Republicans proudly took up the cause and marched off to the murderous battlefields dying in the hundreds of thousands to free the black man from slavery and make them fully participating equal citizens. Yet, even still with all of that, after the civil war, democrat racists immediately began to devise methods of limiting and denying the civil liberties of black people. One of the tools democrats moved to utilize to control and safeguard the old racist societal order was the white democrat racist legal system.

Have you forgotten of the recent whitewashing circa 1960's, southern democrats? Surely not, bac.

you have no understanding of history. The two parties today bear no resemblance to the parties at the time of the civil war. You are aware that abraham lincoln was a liberal i hope? And the dixiecrats of the 60's are now the republican southern conservatives. Read up on nixon and his 'southern strategy'

I read it .. didn't take long to refute it.

Tea Party Mission Statement
First of all, please allow us to explain a common misunderstanding about the Tea Party movement. The Tea Party movement is not a political party and instead is a grassroots movement of millions of like-minded Americans from all backgrounds and political parties that share similar core principles of supporting the original US Constitution as the founders intended of limited federal government, individual liberty and freedom, personal responsibility, free markets and ultimately giving the power to the States’ and the people themselves. The Tea Party as a movement is not a political party nor is looking to form a third political party any time soon. The Tea Party movement is instead about reforming all political parties and government to follow those core principles mentioned above. TheTeaParty.net is a national resource for all people to use that support the Tea Party movement so they can start a tea party, find a local Tea Party in their area, get a free Tea Party website, start a free Tea Party blog, get the daily Tea Party newsletter of event information, register to vote, communicate with others in the Tea Party movement and much more. Join and/or support the Tea Party movement and its core principles by filling out the form above.

The mission of TheTeaParty.net is simple; return the United States to the States and the people to which the US Constitution was written to do. The US Constitution was written by our founders to limit the powers of the federal government and instead give the power to the people and the States. As a committed group of ordinary Americans, we will achieve this by promoting candidates who commit to the original founding principles of the US Constitution of limited Federal Government, States rights, balanced budgets, individual liberty, freedom and personal responsibility. We will also expose the candidates that do not adhere to these basic US Constitutional principles. We will also support and promote the "New Contract From America" for each Senator and Congressman/woman to commit to and sign each year. For those who refuse to sign the new Contract From America, we will expose those candidates or current politicians who will not commit to these basic principles of Freedom and Liberty and instead believe it is Government who "knows best". We believe most of Americans do not want out of control spending in Washington, bailouts, government controls of private businesses, socializing of Americans health care and other government ran services. Our mission is based on US Constitution original principles and not political party. We will support candidates from any party that commit to these principles and expose those who do not and let the people decide on Election Day. In a nutshell, we need American patriots help by joining the movement, donating if you are able to and passing the movement on to your family, friends and neighbors. If we all grow together and do this, we WILL save the Freedom and Liberty that is so precious to all of us and to our founding principles. Thank you for your support and may God Bless America!

Join The Tea Party

That said, I have no issue with you or anyone else outing Racism wherever you find it. There are many forms it takes. Try to remember that.

These people have the right to their beliefs. But not the right to say they know what most Americans believe. They are very naive and ignore so many dangers to a free and open society, that they are really dangerous to this nation. There are some beliefs they expound that all Americans can agree on. But there are many trap doors they are totally oblivious to. Corporations and their power to buy legislation that makes wrong 'lawful' is the most obvious. They have a naive belief that if government just gets out of the way America will be a utopia. History says it will be a nightmare for all but the wealthiest elite. We tried unregulated corporations from the Civil War through the turn of the 19th century. It was called the Gilded age.

Our founding fathers created a entity to address the common good of the people...they called it government.

The original Tea Party in Boston harbor was a protest over corporate subsidies to the British East India Company...the 1776 version of Walmart.

We are all entitled to our opinions. The Tea Party is more Madison Federalism, than anti Government. The Corporations you are so much worried about have more ties to Big Government than you and I, Bfgrn, be it by contract or investment. Both are tools of the Oligarchy Class which impose their will on us by contract, fiat, or dictate. Monopolies are joined at the hip with controlling authorities. Your Union seat at that table, may partake in that feast, but it does not rock the boat in supporting change. We suffer in the end. State Capitalism is not the Free Market, nor is the Free Market license to steal, defraud, or pollute. We can have rules that govern impartially without the Government picking the winners and losers in place of merit. Predetermined outcome is not what we are about, fair play is the Referee's focus, integrity of the playing field, not the score board. It started with Hamilton and it hasn't stopped. No Mechanism is of more value than the Purpose it serves. The End does not justify the means. Principle, Value, Ideal, stand on their own. There, Government needs to get out of the way. When Government finds cause to intervene it is in the service of Justice, that means is dictated by necessity and reason, to remedy and restore balance. That power is not unlimited, nor without account and transparency.

Please... you didn't refute anything, and you refuse to really discuss the facts. that says something to me. Most Jews in this country are liberal, I learned, and you are unwilling to. Sorry.. you can congratulate yourself all you want, means nothing.

Last edited:
We are all entitled to our opinions. The Tea Party is more Madison Federalism, than anti Government. The Corporations you are so much worried about have more ties to Big Government than you and I, Bfgrn, be it by contract or investment. Both are tools of the Oligarchy Class which impose their will on us by contract, fiat, or dictate. Monopolies are joined at the hip with controlling authorities. Your Union seat at that table, may partake in that feast, but it does not rock the boat in supporting change. We suffer in the end. State Capitalism is not the Free Market, nor is the Free Market license to steal, defraud, or pollute. We can have rules that govern impartially without the Government picking the winners and losers in place of merit. Predetermined outcome is not what we are about, fair play is the Referee's focus, integrity of the playing field, not the score board. It started with Hamilton and it hasn't stopped. No Mechanism is of more value than the Purpose it serves. The End does not justify the means. Principle, Value, Ideal, stand on their own. There, Government needs to get out of the way. When Government finds cause to intervene it is in the service of Justice, that means is dictated by necessity and reason, to remedy and restore balance. That power is not unlimited, nor without account and transparency.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSg0xjzIec"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sSg0xjzIec[/ame]

Fearing tea party violence, FOUR Arizona Republicans resign

:lol:

Maybe they should stop believing the bullshit from the liberal media.

Sometimes I respect what you say because you call BS on both sides but this time its gone too far. When four republican politicians resign its not because they watch too much "liberal media" in a predominantly republican state.

Sorry, but I am tired of people linking violence or racism to the TEA Parties. It simply does not fit the facts.

If they are afraid of lunatics, they should have the courage to say so. The shooter was not a TEA Partier. Tim McVeigh was not a right wing extremist. These people walk among us and they are just fucking nuts. They do not need a 'reason'.... it is us who need to find 'reasons'.

the only verbiage I could find in any of the links speaking to "threats" is below from the Az. rep. . Now, if there were threats he most certainly should have told the authorities, kept correspondence he received that spoke to such and the perpetrators interviewed at the least.

I'd like to know what threats were made to him, exactly. Cause this sounds strange without that, if he feels this threatened ( as the others did) then the threats must be investigated.

Miller, a 43-year-old Ahwatukee Foothills resident and former campaign worker for U.S. Sen. John McCain, was re-elected to a second one-year term last month. He said constant verbal attacks after that election and Internet blog posts by some local members with Tea Party ties made him worry about his family's safety.

Read more: Gabrielle Giffords' Arizona shooting prompts resignations

Please... you didn't refute anything, and you refuse to really discuss the facts. that says something to me. Most Jews in this country are liberal, I learned, and you are unwilling to. Sorry.. you can congratulate yourself all you want, means nothing.

Nor does your silly ass thread mean a damn thing.

You don't have a clue of what you're talking about and you ran from the questions.

As I demonstrated, there are thousands of African-American elected officials. How many of them are republican?

Democrats had more African-Americans in congress in 1968 then republicans will ever have.

You have no answers for that, just ancient history hundreds of years old.

Dude, I told you I had no interest in your thread, I told you I knew that history better than you.

Last edited:

You don't have a clue of what you're talking about and you ran from the questions.

As I demonstrated, there are thousands of African-American elected officials. How many of them are republican?

Democrats had more African-Americans in congress in 1968 then republicans will ever have.

Dude, I told you I had no interest in your thread, I told you I knew that history better than you.

So what does that prove? That proves nothing. You can't even tell me what you're party has done for African Americans can you? And the way you just dismiss over 400,000 black babies killed every year is truly pathetic look what you're liberal policies have done to the black family in the inner city I know I've lived it. Please... I'm begging you tell me what you're party has done for African Americans?

Last edited:

So what does that prove? That proves nothing. You can't even tell me what you're party has done for African Americans can you? And the way you just dismiss over 400,000 black babies killed every year is truly pathetic look what you're liberal policies have done to the black family in the inner city I know I've lived it. Please... I'm begging you tell me what you're party has done for African Americans?

You mean besides supporting and helping to elect thousands of African-American legislators .. who were then able to address the problems and agenda of the African-American community?

You mean besides addressing issues like job discrimination, healthcare and housing, open access to opportunity, creating laws and policies that benefit our community .. all isues that republican will not address.

You mean like being in and involved in our communities and our issues?

I've worked for the congress .. the racial makeup of both sides of the aisle is like night and day. Minorities are abundant in every position.

Now you tell me what republicans have done for African-Americans beyond 1965.

You mean besides supporting and helping to elect thousands of African-American legislators .. who were then able to address the problems and agenda of the African-American community?

Really? what problems might that be? leaving them stuck in failing inner city schools with so choice in the matter?

You mean besides addressing issues like job discrimination, healthcare and housing, open access to opportunity, creating laws and policies that benefit our community .. all isues that republican will not address.

Really? conservative Republicans believe that a person should be judged based upon his own merits not some stupid government program let Dr. Sowell explain it to you..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtXLzhbTz5E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtXLzhbTz5E[/ame]

You mean like being in and involved in our communities and our issues?

You're issues? We are all Americans, that’s the way it should be, liberals like to divide people into their little groups and pit them against each other when it serves their purposes sorry doesn't impress me

I've worked for the congress .. the racial makeup of both sides of the aisle is like night and day. Minorities are abundant in every position.

Yes it is.. the real conservatives are for individual liberties, liberal dems are for the big government welfare state. if you want to say a head count is the measure we should go by that doesn't really say much. I 've never understood that logic... sorry

Now you tell me what republicans have done for African-Americans beyond 1965

Again that’s the flow in you're thinking. Getting the government out of the way and expanding the economy is good for everybody..also vouchers, and protecting human life, which you so easily dismiss. I'll say again over 400,000 black babies are killed every year that doesn't bother you?

Last edited:
Really? what problems might that be? leaving them stuck in failing inner city schools with so choice in the matter?

Are you laboring under the myth that all African Americans are members of the urban under-class?

Another McCain malcontent. He needs to hitch his wagon to a national figure who isn't a loser.

McCain's a loser? I can think of a lot of things to call McCain, but loser isn't one of them. His one loss is meaningless, because the Democratic candidate was going to win, whether it was President Obama or Secretary Clinton. McCain was just the sacrificial lamb, like Dole was in 1996, and Mondale was in 1984.

And remember: McCain was the best that the conservatives had to offer. That's why he was the nominee. He didn't steal it, or engage in smear, Rovian politics. He was just the last man standing. GET BETTER CANDIDATES!

Forum List

Back