GOP Candidates Propose Free Taxpayer Funded College Degrees

"Enslaved by college loan debit"? Will they ever stop whining? Here's a tip, serve in the Military for a couple of years and not only learn how to be a man but you get the G.I. bill.

Has any Republican candidate made the proposal as claimed in the thread title or is this just more lame misleading rw misinformation dissemination.

I see the resident libs are already discombobulated.
A taxpayer funded 4 year degree, with controls to eliminate the Democrat corruption, very interesting. Consider millions of energetic young people armed with a 4 year degree, no debt, and positioned for success and risk taking, that would inject steroids into the economy hell yes I'd take that deal.

What college was attended by this author?

Can you clarify this rather,,,vague expression?
A taxpayer funded 4 year degree, with controls to eliminate the Democrat corruption, very interesting.

You don't think a college degree really costs $200k do you?
Law and doctor do...You'd be getting out cheap...

You can't become a doctor with a 4 year degree. If you want to discuss advanced degrees that's another discussion, but I'm just as willing to discuss public funding in those areas that avoids enslaving people to debt. Obviously not everyone has the brains to become a doctor and I'm not sure we could fund an advanced degree for everyone who wishes to pursue one, at least not at first. Once the economy gets back to where it should be and we are flush with tax revenue, we stop borrowing trillions of dollars and start paying down our debt there should be increasing funds available for advanced degrees. Walk, run, fly in that order.

Has any Republican candidate made the proposal as claimed in the thread title or is this just more lame misleading rw misinformation dissemination.

Did you read the OP or just look at the title? Your question is ignorant and trollish.

A taxpayer funded 4 year degree, with controls to eliminate the Democrat corruption, very interesting. Consider millions of energetic young people armed with a 4 year degree, no debt, and positioned for success and risk taking, that would inject steroids into the economy hell yes I'd take that deal.

A taxpayer funded 4 year degree, with controls to eliminate the Democrat corruption, very interesting.

You can't become a doctor with a 4 year degree. If you want to discuss advanced degrees that's another discussion, but I'm just as willing to discuss public funding in those areas that avoids enslaving people to debt. Obviously not everyone has the brains to become a doctor and I'm not sure we could fund an advanced degree for everyone who wishes to pursue one, at least not at first. Once the economy gets back to where it should be and we are flush with tax revenue, we stop borrowing trillions of dollars and start paying down our debt there should be increasing funds available for advanced degrees. Walk, run, fly in that order.
Engineer degrees are 5 year degrees, so those are out also...

Engineer degrees are 5 year degrees, so those are out also...

No, okay for those like YOU who wish to knit pick and behave like a nagging wife, a taxpayer funded bachelor's degree.

Want to destroy Hillary, the Democrats, and solve a really big problem in this country? Then the GOP presidential candidates should get behind this proposal.

Don't wet your pants with excitement libs, I would use this to destroy you!

FACT: The lying lowlife scum Democrats have corrupted higher education ENSLAVING our young people to mountains of student loan debt. They have enabled colleges and universities to charge astronomical prices for a 4 year degree via government back student loans.

Kids come out of college owing $100k, $150k, $200k which is insane. That debt will set them back 10, 15 years financially. There's $1 trillion dollars of taxpayer backed student loans on the books, that's how bad the problem is. Follow the money people who's enriching themselves? Yes liberals and Democrats.

The Democratic party base has no further basis for whining and complaining, everyone who wants to go to college can, IF they stay in school, study, and get reasonable grades. If they don't well that's on them.

This is not an opportunity for the corrupt left to enrich themselves with taxpayer money, we WILL bring down the cost of education to something more reasonable.

Private colleges and universities can choose to offer reasonably priced degrees or opt out. By the way some have endowments so large they don't even need tuition from students anymore.

Fellow conservatives what say you?
Quality education should be a priority, and not a burden. I'd be all for equal opportunity to get an education without amassing astronomical personal debt. Besides, it could be funded with tax dollars now being wasted and given away to foreign governments. We waste a lot of taxpayers' hard earned dollars on stupid senseless nonsense, that could provide a quality education for those that want one. Count me in if it can be done without raising taxes, which I know it can be done easily.

P.S. - I'm NOT a Democrat, Republican, Independent, Conservative, Moderate, Liberal, Right Wing, Left Wing, nor anything other than an American for America, period. Political labels are destroying this nation. Division is destroying this nation. Lets all be Americans for America and lift everyone up by providing equal opportunities across the board. Lets all work towards better education, self-supporting living wage jobs, affordable health care, excellent infrastructure, alternative energy sources, a clean environment, fair taxation, a truly representative government seated in Washington, and prosperity for future generations to come.

Ultimately I think it would lower taxes, more jobs more business start-ups more people working and fewer sitting around on the dole or working some shit job for shit pay. I would consider a tax increase to fund it WITH the required controls to keep the politicians from corrupting it. The phrase "I have an idea" should be immediately followed by "How do we keep politicians from corrupting it".
"How do we keep politicians from corrupting it"

The answer is very simple, and nothing more than common sense. The answer: "Stop electing and re-electing professional politicians to sit in Washington". Professional politicians are corrupt, egotists, self-serving, greedy, power hungry, and anti-America. The answer to all of our problems is to elect pro-America representatives to serve in government. Stop the political division amongst citizens, get everyone on the same page of the playbook, and stop the stupid destructive labeling associated with party politics.

As long as we're divided, professional politicians win, we lose. Plain and simple. Time has proven that truism. The worst enemy of professional politicians is a United Citizenry. Yet, we keep playing into their hands by labeling ourselves as Democrats, Republicans, Conservatives, Moderates, Liberals, Independents, Right Wings, and Left Wings. How stupid and destructive is that? If we were all Americans for America, this would be a very strong and prosperous nation and citizenry. But, "Blind Patriotism" is a terrible affliction, and many are afflicted.

We defeat ourselves, ruin this once great nation, and cause our own hardships, simply by playing into the hands of those hell-bent on our destruction. Each time a voter votes for a professional politician, they aid and abet the very ones causing our problems. We have seen the truism in that statement over the past 50 plus years of "The Selling of America" by the very ones that we've entrusted with our well-being, and the well-being of this once great nation. If you want positive and meaningful change, American prosperity, equal opportunities, and life without constant struggles and hardships, then stop aiding and abetting those that have a proven track record of self-service, greed, the thirst and hunger for power and influence, and start electing pro-America representatives to serve in government.

Yes, a quality education is very important, especially in today's environment of Hi-tech and advanced automation. We need an educated citizenry in order to move forward and advance on all fronts. We need real and meaningful freedom, justice, and equal opportunities for ALL Americans. But, we'll never see nor realize those things unless we all pull in the same direction, and stop the division that has resulted in a troubled and downward spiraling nation. Remember, Republicans are not going to help us, Democrats are not going to help us, but we can all help ourselves by uniting as one people, with one cause, and with determination to right this sinking ship called America. The ball is in our court, and we have a responsibility to future generations of Americans to establish a foundation for them to build on. And, we can't do it by party politics and division.

Did you read the OP or just look at the title? Your question is ignorant and trollish.
Did I miss the link that actually gives the name of the GOP candidates doing what the thread title states? The OP appears to be a commentary and a opinion for a proposal by the writer of the OP. Is the OP a GOP Presidential candidate?
Misleading thread titles are used as a means of misleading. If the thread title is accurate it should be easy to document with a link. Asking for a link to suggest the thread title has a shred of accuracy is not trolling.

Want to destroy Hillary, the Democrats, and solve a really big problem in this country? Then the GOP presidential candidates should get behind this proposal.

FACT: The lying lowlife scum Democrats have corrupted higher education ENSLAVING our young people to mountains of student loan debt. They have enabled colleges and universities to charge astronomical prices for a 4 year degree via government back student loans.

Kids come out of college owing $100k, $150k, $200k which is insane. That debt will set them back 10, 15 years financially. There's $1 trillion dollars of taxpayer backed student loans on the books, that's how bad the problem is. Follow the money people who's enriching themselves? Yes liberals and Democrats.

The Democratic party base has no further basis for whining and complaining, everyone who wants to go to college can, IF they stay in school, study, and get reasonable grades. If they don't well that's on them.

This is not an opportunity for the corrupt left to enrich themselves with taxpayer money, we WILL bring down the cost of education to something more reasonable.

Private colleges and universities can choose to offer reasonably priced degrees or opt out. By the way some have endowments so large they don't even need tuition from students anymore.

Well, good luck with Conservatives going along with that fine Liberal idea.

Did I miss the link that actually gives the name of the GOP candidates doing what the thread title states? The OP appears to be a commentary and a opinion for a proposal by the writer of the OP. Is the OP a GOP Presidential candidate?
Misleading thread titles are used as a means of misleading. If the thread title is accurate it should be easy to document with a link. Asking for a link to suggest the thread title has a shred of accuracy is not trolling.

Only an angry raged filled liberal troll would find something to bitch about when a conservative proposes taxpayer funded college degrees, wow just wow.

Well, good luck with Conservatives going along with that fine Liberal idea.

You mad bro?

Only an angry raged filled liberal troll would find something to bitch about when a conservative proposes taxpayer funded college degrees, wow just wow.
Ironic, you are trolling viewers to your thread by giving it a misleading title to indicate at least two GOP candidates have proposed free taxpayer funded college educations and when asked to show evidence you claim that asking for evidence of the truthfullness of your thread title is trolling. There are no GOP candidates doing what you claim in the thread title. The title is a lie designed to attract attention and views. That makes you a liar and a troll. Show me the two candidates comments for your thread title and I will be happy to concede your accuracy and apologize.

Ironic, you are trolling viewers to your thread by giving it a misleading title to indicate at least two GOP candidates have proposed free taxpayer funded college educations and when asked to show evidence you claim that asking for evidence of the truthfullness of your thread title is trolling. There are no GOP candidates doing what you claim in the thread title. The title is a lie designed to attract attention and views. That makes you a liar and a troll. Show me the two candidates comments for your thread title and I will be happy to concede your accuracy and apologize.

Whatever gets you through your miserable life dude.

Vouchers. Tax Credits for public colleges in select fields of study where jobs are in demand (e.g. healthcare, IT, engineering). If you can't afford it, government will pay for it. In exchange, student provides a commitment to work for government for a set period of time.

And yet, when President Obama called for free tuition to community colleges and trade schools, the Conservatives went bonkers!
They like the idea now that their guy suggested it....
a 4 year degree is not the same as community college and trade schools. Though you thinking it is, proves a lot of points in the thread.
Community colleges are cheaper, grant transferable credits, are far more accessible and give a leg up on the overall cost of a four year degree. Trade schools prepare those not able or desirous of a college degree to compete in industries we rely upon. Everyone should have the opportunity at post high school education.

Forum List

Back