GOP Candidates Propose Free Taxpayer Funded College Degrees

The first two years of college is the basics, same crapola as high school...Offer CLEP test to pass semesters of redundant material(like I did during the military), or take classes online freeing up space for in house training and education...OJT revised from the dead with local companies to put people into jobs...

And yet, when President Obama called for free tuition to community colleges and trade schools, the Conservatives went bonkers!

Pardon us for not trusting a known liar and partisan hack.
Yet you are eager to co-opt his ideas.

Sounds like you are more partisan than you would admit.

Did you read the OP? When I said, "Don't wet your pants with excitement libs, I would use this to destroy you!" wasn't it clear I hate liberals? Liberals hate me and I hate them right the hell back *10 there now it should be clear even to you. lol

The first two years of college is the basics, same crapola as high school...Offer CLEP test to pass semesters of redundant material(like I did during the military), or take classes online freeing up space for in house training and education...OJT revised from the dead with local companies to put people into jobs...

Community college is one area of corruption that needs to be cleaned up. AS are a great many so called accredited quack hack schools offering so called degrees that qualify for Government student loans yet are virtually worthless in the job market. BIG area of corruption. Hell ask community college grads how often even state run universities claim the two years of community college credits they just borrowed money to earn don't qualify for their 4 year degrees so they have to start over and borrow even more money.

Education is a Democratic Party cash cow, that's why this mess hasn't been cleaned up.

And yet, when President Obama called for free tuition to community colleges and trade schools, the Conservatives went bonkers!

Did you read the OP? When I said, "Don't wet your pants with excitement libs, I would use this to destroy you!" wasn't it clear I hate liberals? Liberals hate me and I hate them right the hell back *10 there now it should be clear even to you. lol
Fine. You freely admit that you're a partisan hack with little understanding of exactly how to solve problems. You would be statisfied if nothing at all got done, just so long as your political opposition had no hand in it.

Now, you do realize that President Obama said in his State of the Union address we should provide free tuition for secondary education. At that, the Conservative world stood on its hind legs and brayed. How is your suggestion different, how can it withstand the same ire from your party (particuarly the Conservative wing), and if you idea is so great, why on earth did you not support that idea when it was proposed by the President?

Fine. You freely admit that you're a partisan hack with little understanding of exactly how to solve problems. You would be statisfied if nothing at all got done, just so long as your political opposition had no hand in it.

Now, you do realize that President Obama said in his State of the Union address we should provide free tuition for secondary education. At that, the Conservative world stood on its hind legs and brayed. How is your suggestion different, how can it withstand the same ire from your party (particuarly the Conservative wing), and if you idea is so great, why on earth did you not support that idea when it was proposed by the President?

Let me score your post...lie, lie, lie, lie, yes, yes, it is, it can, because he's a liar who can't be trusted who habitually says one thing and does another. His trust issues are entirely of his own making.

Free college grants would get rid of welfare dependence of millions of Americans, which should be a GOP goal. Though, I doubt they think that far ahead.

I guess it depends if you are talking about GOP RINO's who are not that smart, I lump them in with idiot liberals, or GOP conservatives who are some of the best problem solvers on the planet.

Want to destroy Hillary, the Democrats, and solve a really big problem in this country? Then the GOP presidential candidates should get behind this proposal.

Don't wet your pants with excitement libs, I would use this to destroy you!

FACT: The lying lowlife scum Democrats have corrupted higher education ENSLAVING our young people to mountains of student loan debt. They have enabled colleges and universities to charge astronomical prices for a 4 year degree via government back student loans.

Kids come out of college owing $100k, $150k, $200k which is insane. That debt will set them back 10, 15 years financially. There's $1 trillion dollars of taxpayer backed student loans on the books, that's how bad the problem is. Follow the money people who's enriching themselves? Yes liberals and Democrats.

A taxpayer funded 4 year degree, with controls to eliminate the Democrat corruption, very interesting. Consider millions of energetic young people armed with a 4 year degree, no debt, and positioned for success and risk taking, that would inject steroids into the economy hell yes I'd take that deal.

The Democratic party base has no further basis for whining and complaining, everyone who wants to go to college can, IF they stay in school, study, and get reasonable grades. If they don't well that's on them.

This is not an opportunity for the corrupt left to enrich themselves with taxpayer money, we WILL bring down the cost of education to something more reasonable.

Private colleges and universities can choose to offer reasonably priced degrees or opt out. By the way some have endowments so large they don't even need tuition from students anymore.

Fellow conservatives what say you?

OK, I have some questions.
How is this program going to get paid for?
What would be the projected cost of this program?
What are the qualifiers?
Who has proposed such a venture (other than "O")?
If you aren't partisan, why are you so hostile to non-right wing folks?

Let me score your post...lie, lie, lie, lie, yes, yes, it is, it can, because he's a liar who can't be trusted who habitually says one thing and does another. His trust issues are entirely of his own making.
Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

You proposed free secondary education after the President did and yet you either don't believe him or your handlers have told you that should Barack Obama propose that America should lead the world in students with college degrees, you would oppose that by default.

What color is the sky in your world?

Want to destroy Hillary, the Democrats, and solve a really big problem in this country? Then the GOP presidential candidates should get behind this proposal.

FACT: The lying lowlife scum Democrats have corrupted higher education ENSLAVING our young people to mountains of student loan debt. They have enabled colleges and universities to charge astronomical prices for a 4 year degree via government back student loans.

Kids come out of college owing $100k, $150k, $200k which is insane. That debt will set them back 10, 15 years financially. There's $1 trillion dollars of taxpayer backed student loans on the books, that's how bad the problem is. Follow the money people who's enriching themselves? Yes liberals and Democrats.

A taxpayer funded 4 year degree, with controls to eliminate the Democrat corruption, very interesting. Consider millions of energetic young people armed with a 4 year degree, no debt, and positioned for success and risk taking, that would inject steroids into the economy hell yes I'd take that deal.

The Democratic party base has no further basis for whining and complaining, everyone who wants to go to college can, IF they stay in school, study, and get reasonable grades. If they don't well that's on them.

This is not an opportunity for the corrupt left to enrich themselves with taxpayer money, we WILL bring down the cost of education to something more reasonable.

Private colleges and universities can choose to offer reasonably priced degrees or opt out. By the way some have endowments so large they don't even need tuition from students anymore.

What are the qualifiers?

Costs/Funding - To be determined but I will say this, not educating millions and saddling millions more with financially crushing student loan debt early in life is costing our economy big time. Also the $1 trillion plus and climbing student loan debt bubble is hanging over us like a big black cloud, that's getting worse not better. Its clearly going in the wrong direction. Initially I believe we would have to bite the bullet on cost, the problem has been allowed to fester. I would begin this way, this becomes the #1 initiative in the country. That means all the money congress wastes on bullshit and nice to have crap we could live without for a while would be diverted to fund this. Some form of tax to pay for the balance would need to be passed. I would call it an investment that will pay dividends. As a conservative I'm not in favor of tax increases. I am in favor of solving problems that would ultimately lead to lower taxes for everyone while increasing tax revenue, eliminating deficit spending, and getting a handle on our debt. If we are going to be spending nearly $40 trillion dollars in federal spending every 10 years lets place at least one bet that has a chance of accomplishing something big.

Qualifiers - Like costs and funding we would need some analysis but here are some thoughts off the cuff. Ideally it would be open to all or as many as is possible. Consider the hopeless poverty in some areas of our country, the crime and poor life decisions that result, and the huge cost of that to taxpayers already. If we sat down with young people in say Chicago's poor neighborhoods and announced that the country was now willing to invest in them by funding a college education for everyone. Transformational? Yes initially there may be a generation or two who did too poorly in school to enter college, so part of the program is catching them up with 1-2 years of college prep. There are no problems, only opportunities, that's the attitude to take here.

Look I don't like liars, period. I don't expect a politician to be squeaky clean but come on Democrats have been electing some epic liars and I'm sick of it, them and their damn lies. They are an embarrassment to the country, enough already. That is at the root of my loathing for liberals, its NOT okay to lie got it?

Shouldn't you be out on a ledge somewhere?

You proposed free secondary education after the President did and yet you either don't believe him or your handlers have told you that should Barack Obama propose that America should lead the world in students with college degrees, you would oppose that by default.

What color is the sky in your world?

How many times are you going to say the same exact thing? I think we heard you the first 5 times lets move on. You act like Obama was the first to toss this idea out there in history. There is a Democrat thinking of getting into the race with Hillary, he is proposing something similar, that's what got me thinking about this the other day. I took his idea and grew it much larger...I swear it really is impossible to please some of you people on the left.

I would say that about the least Conservative idea I've heard in about six months. Conservatism is about personal responsibility not the Government paying for unnecessary shit.

It is dripping with conservatism, I am enabling personal responsibility and destroying the Democratic party in the process its win/win.

Community college is one area of corruption that needs to be cleaned up. AS are a great many so called accredited quack hack schools offering so called degrees that qualify for Government student loans yet are virtually worthless in the job market. BIG area of corruption. Hell ask community college grads how often even state run universities claim the two years of community college credits they just borrowed money to earn don't qualify for their 4 year degrees so they have to start over and borrow even more money.

Education is a Democratic Party cash cow, that's why this mess hasn't been cleaned up.
It has been cleared up in our area, they give you credit for community college classes now, and the accept them at colleges and universities.......derp..

What are the qualifiers?

Costs/Funding - To be determined but I will say this, not educating millions and saddling millions more with financially crushing student loan debt early in life is costing our economy big time. Also the $1 trillion plus and climbing student loan debt bubble is hanging over us like a big black cloud, that's getting worse not better. Its clearly going in the wrong direction. Initially I believe we would have to bite the bullet on cost, the problem has been allowed to fester. I would begin this way, this becomes the #1 initiative in the country. That means all the money congress wastes on bullshit and nice to have crap we could live without for a while would be diverted to fund this. Some form of tax to pay for the balance would need to be passed. I would call it an investment that will pay dividends. As a conservative I'm not in favor of tax increases. I am in favor of solving problems that would ultimately lead to lower taxes for everyone while increasing tax revenue, eliminating deficit spending, and getting a handle on our debt. If we are going to be spending nearly $40 trillion dollars in federal spending every 10 years lets place at least one bet that has a chance of accomplishing something big.

Qualifiers - Like costs and funding we would need some analysis but here are some thoughts off the cuff. Ideally it would be open to all or as many as is possible. Consider the hopeless poverty in some areas of our country, the crime and poor life decisions that result, and the huge cost of that to taxpayers already. If we sat down with young people in say Chicago's poor neighborhoods and announced that the country was now willing to invest in them by funding a college education for everyone. Transformational? Yes initially there may be a generation or two who did too poorly in school to enter college, so part of the program is catching them up with 1-2 years of college prep. There are no problems, only opportunities, that's the attitude to take here.

Look I don't like liars, period. I don't expect a politician to be squeaky clean but come on Democrats have been electing some epic liars and I'm sick of it, them and their damn lies. They are an embarrassment to the country, enough already. That is at the root of my loathing for liberals, its NOT okay to lie got it?

What are the qualifiers?

As a moderate Independent, I see liars and corruption on both sides of the aisle, thanks to NOT being associated with either. To just point at one side of the aisle is intellectual dishonesty. Personally, I don't care for or trust either the Dems or GOP at all.
I think free education isn't a bad idea at all. A government program such as you and Obama propose, would be a great investment in America's future and it would probably restore upward mobility in America to where it used to be back in the day when the American Dream was attainable. The better educated the masses, the better the chance to correct the income inequality.

What are the qualifiers?

What are the qualifiers?

As a moderate Independent, I see liars and corruption on both sides of the aisle, thanks to NOT being associated with either. To just point at one side of the aisle is intellectual dishonesty. Personally, I don't care for or trust either the Dems or GOP at all.
I think free education isn't a bad idea at all. A government program such as you and Obama propose, would be a great investment in America's future and it would probably restore upward mobility in America to where it used to be back in the day when the American Dream was attainable. The better educated the masses, the better the chance to correct the income inequality.

Keep going, extend your thinking. Ultimately I would use this program to position the USA as the #1 economy and country in the world far into the future. While we have been mired in political corruption and idiocy many other countries are aggressively gaining ground on us.

As for "the GOP does it too" excuse, if you want to compare a list of whopper lies and corruption GOP vs DEM I think you will find the Dem's are over the top in that comparison. I'm no GOP fan and I get it Dem's are desperate, but I think a majority in the country has had enough of this crap.

What are the qualifiers?

What are the qualifiers?

Keep going, extend your thinking. Ultimately I would use this program to position the USA as the #1 economy and country in the world far into the future. While we have been mired in political corruption and idiocy many other countries are aggressively gaining ground on us.

As for "the GOP does it too" excuse, if you want to compare a list of whopper lies and corruption GOP vs DEM I think you will find the Dem's are over the top in that comparison. I'm no GOP fan and I get it Dem's are desperate, but I think a majority in the country has had enough of this crap.

You definitely lean right and it shows. This the Dems, "the Big Liars" has been a often posted talking point in the last few weeks. This tells me who visits the right's talking points resources.
They both lie so much, it's really hard to determine which one is the Biggest Liar.

Last edited:
It is dripping with conservatism, I am enabling personal responsibility and destroying the Democratic party in the process its win/win.

It's dripping with Republicanism not Conservatism. You cannot enable personal responsibility via Socialism.

Think on it a week and

What are the qualifiers?

What are the qualifiers?

You definitely lean right and it shows. This the Dems, "the Big Liars" has been a often posted talking point in the last few weeks. This tells me who visits the right's talking points resources.
They both lie so much, it's really hard to determine which one is the Biggest Liar.

If you insist, "if you like your plan and your doctor you can keep them, period" go ahead top that Obama lie I say you can't. That he used it repeatedly to get re-elected is even more disgusting. Harry Reid, "Romney hasn't paid taxes for 10 years" he later admitted it was a lie after it did its damage and he lost the election. These are not some low level party hacks you are talking about but the POTUS and Senate Majority Leader spewing these whopper lies.

Forum List

Back