GOP Candidate Advocates Returning ‘Prayer To The Classroom’ To Stop Shootings

Yep and schools have been deteriorating slowly since. Sodom and Gomorrah turned their back on God. We know what happened to them, and we are doing the same. Notice the way our society is going?
On your knees knowgood and pray for all those children Perhaps God will hear your prayers ,,,,,lolWhen pigs fly
Like I said you cannot deny schools started deteriorating after God was taken out.
I have no knowledge of that at all I do remember many years ago we said the Pledge to America before classes started but nothing to do with god
You also can't argue that society would be better if the 10 commandments were followed.
wonder what the 5 commandments that Moses broke on the way down from that mountain said
One of them would be. Thou shalt not allow liberalism.

No, first thing in the morning say the national anthem, then say a prayer and then teach history, math, English. Instead you want to teach them about how great it is to be gay. Also if you don't think you are who you are. I'll help you change and we will keep it between us.

so much incoherence in so few words

kudos

i'll think of you when i say the national anthem prior to thinking about not thinking i am who i am.

afNcsK
Liberalism described for you in one picture, to keep it easy for ya.
police-brutality.jpg

Because as all Kristians know 'god' ignores any and all prayers outside the classroom. "Not praying in school, then I'll ignore the mass murder of children". That is what the fake Christians would have us believe about THEIR god.

“It’s just so disturbing that society has deteriorated to this point morally that we are confronted with this.”

At a time when many people are fed up with the empty “thoughts and prayers” of politicians after every mass shooting, a Republican congressional candidate is doubling down and arguing that making thoughts and prayers more regular would perhaps be a solid step toward solving the problem.

The country would not be experiencing so many mass shootings if it had not “deteriorated to this point morally,” said conservative Republican Steve Lonegan, who is running to represent the GOP in New Jersey’s 5th congressional district.

He made the statements in a Thursday radio interview on the Kevin McCullough Show, which Democratic opposition research group American Bridge first spotted.

Lonegan added that he would be a “big advocate” for returning prayer to the classroom.

“My own wife has been a Catholic school teacher now for 37 years, and they have to do drills for this kind of a purpose ― how to shut down the classrooms,” he said. “It’s just so disturbing that society has deteriorated to this point morally that we’re confronted with this. And if there’s ever a time to return prayer to the classroom, now’s the time. That’s something I would be a big advocate for. Fortunately in my wife’s school they have prayer in the classroom.”

It’s not that people are against receiving thoughts and prayers. Victims and their families are frustrated that politicians ― who have the power to do more, such as enact meaningful gun violence reform ― do nothing but offer thoughts and prayers.

On average, two dozen children are shot every day in the United States.

More: GOP Candidate Advocates Returning 'Prayer To The Classroom' To Stop School Shootings

Another GOP psycho offering more thoughts and prayers. I don't want religiously delusional people like this affecting how I live. So, hopefully New Jersey's 5th congressional district won't send him to Washington.

Comrade shit fer brains, when there was prayer in classrooms, how common were school shootings?

Look, you just cross post shit from the leftist hate sites, you have no actual brain, so no answer is expected,

I don’t agree with putting prayer back into the classroom, but to his point, is it fair to say that we had a lot less of these problems when families were more stable and people had some kind of faith to believe in? It seems that Americans in this day and age have very little regard and respect for each other and when you have visited as many other countries as I have that becomes painfully obvious

Religion is not required to be decent, moral, and respectful of others. For me, it falls under the category of humanity - the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence.

One thing is for sure, you Stalinists are NOT decent, moral, and respectful of others.

I didn't call you sub-human, but your post sure shows that...

the point being that school prayer stopped (1963) before the ar-15 was invented (1964)

you were saying something about not letting facts get in the way, i believe

carry on

So dull, are you talking to yourself? Isn't taz your sock?

At any rate, did you rub both your IQ points together and cook up the idea that the AR-15 is the cause of school shootings?

The Armalite AR series was in fact developed in 1954.

AR 15 Rifle - A Brief History & Historical Time Line

You almost gotta laugh that the left would double down and ridicule the concept of prayer in schools a couple of days after an ABC celebrity made fun of the Vice President's religious beliefs. It's crazy but it seems that the radical left is more afraid of the 1st Amendment than the 2nd Amendment.

“It’s just so disturbing that society has deteriorated to this point morally that we are confronted with this.”

At a time when many people are fed up with the empty “thoughts and prayers” of politicians after every mass shooting, a Republican congressional candidate is doubling down and arguing that making thoughts and prayers more regular would perhaps be a solid step toward solving the problem.

The country would not be experiencing so many mass shootings if it had not “deteriorated to this point morally,” said conservative Republican Steve Lonegan, who is running to represent the GOP in New Jersey’s 5th congressional district.

He made the statements in a Thursday radio interview on the Kevin McCullough Show, which Democratic opposition research group American Bridge first spotted.

Lonegan added that he would be a “big advocate” for returning prayer to the classroom.

“My own wife has been a Catholic school teacher now for 37 years, and they have to do drills for this kind of a purpose ― how to shut down the classrooms,” he said. “It’s just so disturbing that society has deteriorated to this point morally that we’re confronted with this. And if there’s ever a time to return prayer to the classroom, now’s the time. That’s something I would be a big advocate for. Fortunately in my wife’s school they have prayer in the classroom.”

It’s not that people are against receiving thoughts and prayers. Victims and their families are frustrated that politicians ― who have the power to do more, such as enact meaningful gun violence reform ― do nothing but offer thoughts and prayers.

More: GOP Candidate Advocates Returning 'Prayer To The Classroom' To Stop School Shootings

Another GOP psycho offering more thoughts and prayers. I don't want religiously delusional people like this affecting how I live. So, hopefully New Jersey's 5th congressional district won't send him to Washington.

Comrade shit fer brains, when there was prayer in classrooms, how common were school shootings?

Look, you just cross post shit from the leftist hate sites, you have no actual brain, so no answer is expected,

What the hell did worshiping a fictitious Sky Daddy have to do with prayer in classrooms and school shootings? Fear of his wrath? Funny...

I don’t agree with putting prayer back into the classroom, but to his point, is it fair to say that we had a lot less of these problems when families were more stable and people had some kind of faith to believe in? It seems that Americans in this day and age have very little regard and respect for each other and when you have visited as many other countries as I have that becomes painfully obvious

Religion is not required to be decent, moral, and respectful of others. For me, it falls under the category of humanity - the quality of being humane; kindness; benevolence.
Well guess what. Humanity left on its own is violent and survival of the fittest. There’s no such thing as kindness or benevolence without something bigger to live for. Like religion.

Washington Redskin, stay out of the fucking firewater

You almost gotta laugh that the left would double down and ridicule the concept of prayer in schools a couple of days after an ABC celebrity made fun of the Vice President's religious beliefs. It's crazy but it seems that the radical left is more afraid of the 1st Amendment than the 2nd Amendment.

The left is at war to end civil rights - ALL civil rights. The Bill of Rights is their primary target, but the left views people as property of the state, to be done with as the state pleases.

What the hell did worshiping a fictitious Sky Daddy have to do with prayer in classrooms and school shootings? Fear of his wrath? Funny...

Comrade, when there was prayer in the classroom, how common were school shootings?

What you lack the wits to acknowledge, and what your handlers lack the integrity to acknowledge is that they simply didn't exist.

It had a lot more to do with basic respect than actual religion, but this was just one of the ways America used to foster civilized and socially responsible children.

You Maoists declared war on American values, and you have utterly destroyed them - these school shootings are one of the results. Just as it was planned.

Well guess what. Humanity left on its own is violent and survival of the fittest. There’s no such thing as kindness or benevolence without something bigger to live for. Like religion.

Which religion? There are many.

Any of the Jude’s-Christian ones is fine.

Any of the Jude’s-Christian ones is fine.

No thanks. Vegas has better odds than prayer. Why would any rational and sane person pray to the vicious God depicted in the Old Testament? Religion remains the world's greatest superstition.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back