Goodbye to bad theology - Workers quietly remove Ten Commandments from Oklahoma Capitol

Phew.

Just knowing that monument has been removed will make it easier to sleep at night.

'Cuz if I were walking along in Oklahoma City (for some reason) and saw that I'd get real "offended" 'n stuff.

So that's one less thing to get offended over, you betcha.

:rolleyes-41:

It's just the law. Nothing serious.

Phew.

Just knowing that monument has been removed will make it easier to sleep at night.

'Cuz if I were walking along in Oklahoma City (for some reason) and saw that I'd get real "offended" 'n stuff.

A good rule of thumb to have....would it have been just as ok to put a monument up in the same place to the 5 Pillars of Islam, the 8-Fold Path of Buddhism, or as was going to happen, a monument of Satan?

Phew.

A good rule of thumb to have....would it have been just as ok to put a monument up in the same place to the 5 Pillars of Islam, the 8-Fold Path of Buddhism, or as was going to happen, a monument of Satan?

Don't you know? Mac has already figured out that we would be OK with the five pillars.......because we are the PC police and Islam is the PC protected religion. Please......pay greater attention to Mac.

Phew.

Yes, especially given the fact that those religions have had so much impact on our history, and that there is a mosque or temple every other couple of blocks in America.

Clearly, Christianity is just another small, also-ran religion in America, and we don't want to give it any more credence that Islam, the PC-protected religion.

Too funny.

Phew.

Yes, especially given the fact that those religions have had so much impact on our history, and that there is a mosque or temple every other couple of blocks in America.

Clearly, Christianity is just another small, also-ran religion in America, and we don't want to give it any more credence that Islam, the PC-protected religion.

Too funny.
What you are saying is that we should give christianity special and extra consideration by government?

As I posted earlier on this thread, there are two factors to consider regarding this thread:

One, the "big ten" are of Hebrew origin .....which does not make us a Hebrew nation......and

Two, the second commandment actually addresses a caveat about NOT posting these same commandments.

What you are saying is that we should give christianity special and extra consideration by government?
What I'm saying is that the religion has a rich, constant, deep and OBVIOUS history in this country, that admitting that is only honest, and that this whole issue is contrived to leverage more control.

And for the record, I suspect we're all here as the result of chemistry, not divinity.

A sad day in America, another sure sign of our decline.
Here's what interests me most about this stuff:

I wonder what goes on in the minds of the regressive leftists when a symbol of Christianity is taken down. "Oooh, good, we got those damn Christians, fuck them, ha. I hope each and every one of them is hurt deeply by this". Something like that. It literally improves their day.

Phew.

Too funny.

Bingo!

A sad day in America, another sure sign of our decline.
Here's what interests me most about this stuff:

I wonder what goes on in the minds of the regressive leftists when a symbol of Christianity is taken down. "Oooh, good, we got those damn Christians, fuck them, ha. I hope each and every one of them is hurt deeply by this". Something like that. It literally improves their day.

Fantasy.

Now I get why the left so hates the commandments they so can't stand the number 10 – You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s

Now I get why the left so hates the commandments they so can't stand the number 10 – You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s

Wow. Brilliant.

You know what I covet? I covet that dingy chair that you are sitting in....and that equally dingy room that it is in. Oh.....and your dog. I covet your dog.

Wow. Brilliant.

You know what I covet? I covet that dingy chair that you are sitting in....and that equally dingy room that it is in. Oh.....and your dog. I covet your dog.

Biscuit would eat you for dinner..

Seriously what is the big deal with you guys anyways?

You don't like number6 – You shall not murder

I don't understand this stuff, what is the big deal about it? Who the hell even pays attention to it....?

Its blah blah blah yea ok,whatever..

What I'm saying is that the religion has a rich, constant, deep and OBVIOUS history in this country, that admitting that is only honest, and that this whole issue is contrived to leverage more control.

And for the record, I suspect we're all here as the result of chemistry, not divinity.
Which version tho? Catholic? Baptist? Lutheran? They all have different beliefs.....which one?

The argument for "In God We Trust" was always that "God" could represent any religion's God. It was only later that the Christian believer's pushed the statement to be a support of /their/ religion alone. It is because of the Christian insistence that /their/ God was /the/ God spoken of on money and in the pledge, that these other religious folks wish such things removed. As for the non-religious, they might want such things removed regardless because they dislike being excluded simply because they cast off the belief in the supernatural realm of religion. It is only the religious who turn it into a "war against" /their/ religion.

And those like me, look upon it and shrug for the most part, because, in all honestly, I consider it childish bickering akin to my young children fighting over who's picture might get hung upon the fridge. As if the hanging of all of them, or only one of them, could or would affect my love and/or support for each of them somehow. Reality is that I love all my boys, regardless of their individual strengths or weaknesses, it was not until they grew up that they understood this.

Oh! I get it. You are the mature adult and those of us who want to have the Christian God removed from the public sphere......as is the law.....are behaving like so many children wanting mommy's attention.

That's so awesome. When I grow up, I'll learn to accept that God is infused into our government like you have. Because you have matured.

Eat shit, please.

Actually I'm an agnostic. I don't think any religion has any place in government, but for little shit like "In God We Trust" or the placing of religious idols, I care not. I only really get riled up about the religious' folks discrimination; as in LGBT, or the exclusion of the religious beliefs of polygamists, etc. I am not against religion because I see benefit in the psyche for the "mentally weak" - this is not an insult, though I'm sure many would take it as such and for that I apologize. We are either leaders, or followers, and for followers, religion provides a generally good basis of societal behavior, there are extremists of course, but I do not blame the followers themselves for their "transgressions" rather I blame their leaders for leading them "improperly." It is the leaders onus to lead their people not for personal gain, but for the good of their people; many leaders are not mentally strong enough to recognize that they allow themselves to fall pray to "being lead" which means they are merely followers falsely leading followers.

Thus, I support religion, and the absence of religion alike. Does this make me more "mature"? Perhaps, or perhaps, as I stated, that is simply how it is how it seems to me. I'm sorry if my "feeling" that I have a more open mind than others offends you, though it actually should not, because in reality I support your ideals of anti-religion as well...

Which version tho? Catholic? Baptist? Lutheran? They all have different beliefs.....which one?
Those that are already up, I'd reckon. Since I'm not "offended" by such a huge part of our history, that one is pretty easy.

The argument for "In God We Trust" was always that "God" could represent any religion's God. It was only later that the Christian believer's pushed the statement to be a support of /their/ religion alone. It is because of the Christian insistence that /their/ God was /the/ God spoken of on money and in the pledge, that these other religious folks wish such things removed. As for the non-religious, they might want such things removed regardless because they dislike being excluded simply because they cast off the belief in the supernatural realm of religion. It is only the religious who turn it into a "war against" /their/ religion.

And those like me, look upon it and shrug for the most part, because, in all honestly, I consider it childish bickering akin to my young children fighting over who's picture might get hung upon the fridge. As if the hanging of all of them, or only one of them, could or would affect my love and/or support for each of them somehow. Reality is that I love all my boys, regardless of their individual strengths or weaknesses, it was not until they grew up that they understood this.

Oh! I get it. You are the mature adult and those of us who want to have the Christian God removed from the public sphere......as is the law.....are behaving like so many children wanting mommy's attention.

That's so awesome. When I grow up, I'll learn to accept that God is infused into our government like you have. Because you have matured.

Eat shit, please.

Actually I'm an agnostic. I don't think any religion has any place in government, but for little shit like "In God We Trust" or the placing of religious idols, I care not. I only really get riled up about the religious' folks discrimination; as in LGBT, or the exclusion of the religious beliefs of polygamists, etc. I am not against religion because I see benefit in the psyche for the "mentally weak" - this is not an insult, though I'm sure many would take it as such and for that I apologize. We are either leaders, or followers, and for followers, religion provides a generally good basis of societal behavior, there are extremists of course, but I do not blame the followers themselves for their "transgressions" rather I blame their leaders for leading them "improperly." It is the leaders onus to lead their people not for personal gain, but for the good of their people; many leaders are not mentally strong enough to recognize that they allow themselves to fall pray to "being lead" which means they are merely followers falsely leading followers.

Thus, I support religion, and the absence of religion alike. Does this make me more "mature"? Perhaps, or perhaps, as I stated, that is simply how it is how it seems to me. I'm sorry if my "feeling" that I have a more open mind than others offends you, though it actually should not, because in reality I support your ideals of anti-religion as well...
Good stuff.

This appears to be just another example in which a specific group of people has decided that it is "offended" by what is obviously a huge part of both our history and our present, and they want to leverage as much control as they can to control it.

These are the same people, of course, who very much dislike the history of this country, and seeing them wanting to eliminate remnants of that history is not terribly surprising.

Those of us who are agnostic on religion (and Christianity in specific) can see the good and the bad, but we don't feel a need to ignore the (obviously) significant role it occupies in this country.

Forum List

Back