OK 10 commandement statue "smashed to pieces"

So does this now mean we don't get to build a Baphomet statue there?

Baphomet-Statue.jpg

Woulda been epic...

we both know some drunk would have impaled himself on those fingers.......

City Hall is not next to the Capital...The area that the Capital is in has hookers, so they were probably having sex next to it an knocked it over, since it is up several series of stairs to get to where the statue was...

Someone Smashed The Disputed Oklahoma Ten Commandments Monument To Pieces

AP / Huffington Post | By Sean Murphy

• So - a vandal accomplished what our Constitution could not.
Screw the Constitution, right? The nutters will have another one back up in no time.

(Ignore the bullet points. Apparently, god put them there.)

I don't think that the monument should be there, but I hope the vandals are caught and prosecuted and punished.

No use for vandalism like this.

It wasn't me. I have an alibi. :)
Hollie and Taz don't count.

God said no idols. That is using the ten commandments as an idol.

While there are many prohibitions about idolatry. it'd only qualify as that if they the thing became a center of worship. Then it'd be a graven idol.
Rachael took the idols from her father when she left with Jacob. I do not think those were worship idols.
why don't you think they were worship idols?......
They are first mentioned in Genesis 31:19 as images. Verses 32 mentions the items but no indication of the nature of them. Verse 34 states that the images Rachel took were in the camel's furniture and she was sitting on them as Laban was looking from them. Sitting on a worship idol would be bad karma I would think. I was thinking it specifically stated that Rachel put away the idols at some point but I did not see it. In 35:2 Jacob tells everyone in his household to put away their strange gods and they do but as Rachel had not given up her father's images as of yet I do not think she would then either. Later in the chapter, verse 18, Rachel dies during childbirth. I wonder if that was not due somewhat to the images not being put away. From all this one can not really draw a conclusion whether or not the images were objects of worship.

I do not know how it is for others but I am a very visual reader. I see visuals of what I am reading. I find the Bible very readable and have very vivid images most of the time I read. What Rachel was moving around and hiding looked more like something which is for display, probably pretty valuable and decorative not what would be considered spiritually powerful to the owner.

Screw the Constitution, right? The nutters will have another one back up in no time.

I don't think that the monument should be there, but I hope the vandals are caught and prosecuted and punished.

That's not what the founding fathers thought.

So does this now mean we don't get to build a Baphomet statue there?

Baphomet-Statue.jpg

Woulda been epic...

Boy if that display isn't evil incarnate I don't know what is. The seduction of a child. God cannot allow such diabolic blasphemy to go unpunished.

Did Moses return and find a golden calf again?

write the ten commandments on the tablet of your heart and no one will break that immortal monument to the Lord

That's not what the founding fathers thought.

Well they thought owning slaves was okay

I hope they find the guy and bury him out in a cornfield

The stupid thing is that most people don't realize that the Commandments are the foundation of modern law. They were purported to be written by the hand of God. This was in fact genius in it in it meant that they could not be changed as whatever the big enchilada of the day wished.

They do in fact belong in the halls of justice, but little truths like these are lost on so many mediocre-minded blow-hard hacks.

The stupid thing is that most people don't realize that the Commandments are the foundation of modern law. They were purported to be written by the hand of God. This was in fact genius in it in it meant that they could not be changed as whatever the big enchilada of the day wished.

They do in fact belong in the halls of justice, but little truths like these are lost on so many mediocre-minded blow-hard hacks.

Balderdash. There is no factual basis to that belief.

Now if it was a crucifix in a jar of urine and it was smashed, people would be outraged over art work and self expression is being suppressed.

Forum List

Back