Going After Gun Manufacturers | Going After Drug Growers/Producers

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
Going After Gun Manufacturers | Going After Drug Growers/Producers

If a gun manufacturer makes and sells and markets guns for sport that some consider made only to kill and not for sport, would going after that gun manufacturer be so different than going after Drug Cartels in Mexico/Columbia, or going after Drug makers who design marketing strategies to increase sales and profits (not make profits), knowing they are only going to be abused?

What about going after people who sell books on how to build suicide vests? Are they killing people?

What are the principles involved? Why do some jump on different sides depending on what is being sold?

Guns are a legal product, if you can't see the difference that's your problem. Also gun manufactures don't sell their products with the expectation that a legal purchaser will abuse them.

Using your logic we would have to go after auto makers for DUI offenders that kill.

Guns are a legal product, if you can't see the difference that's your problem. Also gun manufactures don't sell their products with the expectation that a legal purchaser will abuse them.

Using your logic we would have to go after auto makers for DUI offenders that kill.

Seriously? :lol: I guess gun manufacturers are a totally alien species than all other manufacturers?

Growing and producing drugs is legal too -- or was until we forced other nations into making it illegal.

Plus drug manufacturing is legal

Seriously? :lol: I guess gun manufacturers are a totally alien species than all other manufacturers?

Growing and producing drugs is legal too -- or was until we forced other nations into making it illegal.

Too funny, guns are the only product sold in the US that requires a criminal background check. The manufactures don't authorize the sale, the government does. That's why they are protected by law from legal actions for misuse. I guess we could go after the government, oh wait, the courts say we can't do that either. So I guess you're just shit out of luck.

Too funny, guns are the only product sold in the US that requires a criminal background check

Gee, I wonder why?

Too funny, guns are the only product sold in the US that requires a criminal background check

Gee, I wonder why?

You think you're a bright boi I'm sure you can figure it out, at least in your limited mind.

Gee, I wonder why?

You think you're a bright boi I'm sure you can figure it out, at least in your limited mind.

Absolutists and purists are complete bores

What an idiotic premise. Yet one more gaggle of marxists trying to disarm American patriots...and shit on our Constitution while they're at it. FY
Dope -- I agree with latest rulings. But that does not negate responsibility of marketing strategies does it?

Get back to us after you people go after alcohol manufacturers who's product when abused kills countless more innocent kids, mom's, dad's, is a huge factor in domestic violence, etc. etc. Anything to say? No I didn't think so.

What an idiotic premise. Yet one more gaggle of marxists trying to disarm American patriots...and shit on our Constitution while they're at it. FY
Dope -- I agree with latest rulings. But that does not negate responsibility of marketing strategies does it?

Get back to us after you people go after alcohol manufacturers who's product when abused kills countless more innocent kids, mom's, dad's, is a huge factor in domestic violence, etc. etc. Anything to say? No I didn't think so.

Who said alcohol manufacturers knowingly market booze to drivers and misfits with guns who shoot their families out of love for Jesus?

you people? Who said I support the lawsuits? Just trying to catch your shifting principle(s) is all

Well then. You need to provide what the marketing strategy is for Remington and by subsidy the Bushmaster company. Was their marketing aimed at getting school children killed by a psycho that never bought their product but stole it from someone who legally purchased and passed the background check in order to posses it?

That's one crazy outside the box marketing strategy there. Do you have any examples of this so called marketing strategy to point to?

Gee, I wonder why?

That's why we write laws down, to provide absolutes, don't like it, work to change it. Just running your mouth on a message board won't accomplish anything.

Well then. You need to provide what the marketing strategy is for Remington and by subsidy the Bushmaster company. Was their marketing aimed at getting school children killed by a psycho that never bought their product but stole it from someone who legally purchased and passed the background check in order to posses it?

That's one crazy outside the box marketing strategy there. Do you have any examples of this so called marketing strategy to point to?
Dante never advocated suing anyone. And if there were truth in marketing and advertising -- oh boy! Guns and booze!

I love guns and I love booze and I stay the heck away from others that do and mix the two

Who said alcohol manufacturers knowingly market booze to drivers and misfits with guns who shoot their families out of love for Jesus?

you people? Who said I support the lawsuits? Just trying to catch your shifting principle(s) is all
You said they were responsible due to marketing strategy. What exactly is that strategy in your opinion of liquor, gun or automobile manufacturers wanting more dead people to promote sales?

So far I'd call that a total FAIL.

Gee, I wonder why?

That's why we write laws down, to provide absolutes, don't like it, work to change it. Just running your mouth on a message board won't accomplish anything.
you're still one of the biggest fools here? Even after all this time here?

Dante has repeated said he agrees with the latest SCOTUS rulings on the issue? Jesus, you're stupid.

But just because I believe in something doesn't mean I'd be as disingenuous and slimy as others in defending things that are wrong that surround what I like.

What? :lol:

You said they were responsible due to marketing strategy. What exactly is that strategy in your opinion of liquor, gun or automobile manufacturers wanting more dead people to promote sales?

I implied they could be and i believe they most likely will do anything to sell more - regardless of the consequences if their cost benefit analysis is good. Unless of course you want me to believe that booze and gun makers are a different species of manufacturers than other products.

Good gawd man, wake up. The days of good corporate citizenship died with Reagan's Alzheimer

So far I'd call that a total FAIL.

Can one support gun ownership while calling out gun manufacturers to be more responsible? Can one love booze and call out booze producers? Jesus, everything sure does grow big in Texas -- including, ignorance and denial

Too funny, guns are the only product sold in the US that requires a criminal background check. The manufactures don't authorize the sale, the government does. That's why they are protected by law from legal actions for misuse. I guess we could go after the government, oh wait, the courts say we can't do that either. So I guess you're just shit out of luck.

Right, which only serves to prove the point. Even though you tried to claim the opposite.
IF gun manufacturer were overly concerned about who got their guns, they would of course take their OWN steps. They wouldn't sit back and say "no that's alright the government has this"

There is a private gunsmith near where I live, they are a national company but nothing like S&W or Ruger or something of that nature. Anyway They interview every potential buyer. You order something on their website and you get a call, they want to know who is buying their products. You think Remington cares who buys their products? Really?

The gun manufacturers of course are in no way responsible for what someone does with their weapons, but let's not pretend that they are that concerned either.

Forum List

Back