God made a farmer (Paul Harvey)

The picture of the dude with the trashed fingernails was strange. I grew up on a farm. We used gloves. Got a few scratches from barbed wire a few times... a sore butt when my horse "Monty" threw me on a fast turn .. Nobody jumps off a harvester to splint a bird leg...cats gotta eat too. Anyway harvest is too hectic.. There is never enough time.

Dat's right.

Liberals made it possible for any American to be President.

Suck on it conservatives!

No sir. Republicans made THAT possible. Liberals made it possible for this one to even be considered.

The Paul Harvey piece on farmers is great and it made a great commercial. The wife wants a dodge truck now.

I miss Mr Harvey

Dat's right.

Liberals made it possible for any American to be President.

Suck on it conservatives!

No sir. Republicans made THAT possible. Liberals made it possible for this one to even be considered.

The Paul Harvey piece on farmers is great and it made a great commercial. The wife wants a dodge truck now.

I miss Mr Harvey

Sorry Uncle Ern, but that commercial was unmitigated bullshit. It made me want to dodge Dodge.

For far too long we have been duped by the sad hard-working family farmer personna.
While we pay record prices for our groceries, they reap record profits. All the while turning 40% of this nation's corn crop into fuel. So much fuel, that 20% of it is exported. They are laughing their asses off all the way to the bank- at our expense.

Crop insurance... check. Loan deficiency payments... check. Set-aside acres... check. Floor prices... check.

It's time to call those fuckers to the carpet.

Carter told us to don a sweater and turn down our thermostats. And now we're expected to go hungry at no expense to the farmer- America's sweetheart?

Yet Carter took it a step further by instituting his "Windfall Profits Tax" on the small family oil businesses- most of whom have survived through generations of hard work true risk.

Fuck 'em.

God may have made a farmer, but the government turned him into a pestilence.

And we eat their shit. Like it were manna. With no reprisal and no compense to us.

Tax the motherfuckers. Make them bleed.

Agriculture has become a parriah upon this nation, piling fat on the phat.

Overfed pork-laden profit-ridden mony-grubbing farmers. Cheapskate tightwad greedy fuckers.

Ooooh but the poor farmers- I saw them in a twuck commercial. They just tug at my heartstrings.

Little girl standing in the corn field. Dad's corn field. Grandpa's cornfield. Great-grandpa's cornfield.

What a fucking joke.

God didn't make the Farmer a "pestilence" Mr. H, Gov't did.

Save you rage for them.

I said exactly as such.

Does the public rage against government as opposed to the oil industry?

Of course not.

Does the oil industry enjoy the true "subsidies" afforded agriculture?

Of course not.

Yet agriculture profits just the same- and often times more so. At our expense.
Yet they are not only given a pass, they are glorified in the media. Well, them and big trucks.

Ag fights tooth and nail year in and year out to keep their government handouts. They take an active role and we taxpayers take a passive role.

Why? Well, just watch the commercial.

God may have made a farmer, but the government turned him into a pestilence.

And we eat their shit. Like it were manna. With no reprisal and no compense to us.

Tax the motherfuckers. Make them bleed.

The pestilence isn't the independant farmer. That corporate representation of a farmer is what is bullshit.

As most of the best lies it was truth AND a lie. Small farming is capitalism at it's best. Every season is a bet against the elements natural and economic. Weather and prices efffect the outcome of the success or failure of any crop cycle. As long as the farm can remain solvent there is always next year and the next planting cycle to make a profit. Some cycles take longer than a year such as ranching or dairy. Other planting cycles overlap such as crop rotation.

The evil in agriculture is manipulation of prices and production. The small farmer is not the cause of such events. He is just as much a victim as you and I are.

Forum List

Back