God made a farmer (Paul Harvey)

God may have made a farmer, but the government turned him into a pestilence.

And we eat their shit. Like it were manna. With no reprisal and no compense to us.

Tax the motherfuckers. Make them bleed.

Dayum bro.

Calm down!
Too much :beer: last night LOL.

And we eat their shit. Like it were manna. With no reprisal and no compense to us.

The pestilence isn't the independant farmer. That corporate representation of a farmer is what is bullshit.

As most of the best lies it was truth AND a lie. Small farming is capitalism at it's best. Every season is a bet against the elements natural and economic. Weather and prices efffect the outcome of the success or failure of any crop cycle. As long as the farm can remain solvent there is always next year and the next planting cycle to make a profit. Some cycles take longer than a year such as ranching or dairy. Other planting cycles overlap such as crop rotation.

The evil in agriculture is manipulation of prices and production. The small farmer is not the cause of such events. He is just as much a victim as you and I are.

More on that when this hangover subsides. :cool:

And liberals made Obama.

My how far we have fallen.

Who made Monsanto?

Mitt Romney created that Monsanto Monster. Romney used politics & elite loopholes to allow Monsanto to avoid paying for all the toxic cleanup from it's illegal dumping. He had them spin off their toxic chemical business into Solutia & bankrupted it so Monsanto got to keep all their ill-gotten profits & not pay for the cleanup that would have bankrupted them. Taxpayers had to pay to clean-up Monsanto's disaster. Just another bailout for the elite. Monsanto took those taxpayer bailed out ill-gotten profits & bought Pioneer Seed company who had a great genetic seed business & slapped their Monsanto label on it. Monsanto continued to buy up all the seed rights around the world so they could own the food supply. This is how the rich elite avoid paying their way & unfairly use that money to monopolize all of our businesses, extort money, politicians & citizens. Enjoy Romney land, because you may starve to death in it.

Last edited:
And liberals made Obama.

My how far we have fallen.

As the weary traveling salesman made his way on the two lane country road somewhere between Fort Dodge and Sioux City his equally weary Plymouth began to moan, misfire and finally die. At first the starting motor turned the engine over, and a single cylinder fired, but after repeated efforts the battery lost its charge and the realization that he was stranded settled in.

He took a sip of cold hours old coffee as he stood outside the Plymouth, looking east and west not even a tractor moved on the farm land which stretched as far as the eye could focus. Tossing his card board cup aside he locked the Plymouth and began to walk west, the asphalt still hot from the summers heat which radiated through the soles of his leather shoes.

Two hours later the the sun had begun to set and in few minutes he know it would become dark. Still, having no choice, exhausted, thirsty and hungry, he walked on. As the last bit of the sun fell below the horizon his gaze caught the glint of a light on a small hill to the north. He turned onto a dirt road and as he got closer more lights were lit in the farm house, and oasis in his minds eye where he hoped to find cool water, a bit of food and a phone to call for aid.

The small hill became a challenge to the traveler and his mind began to wander. He thought of all the jokes his kind would tell, farm House and farmer's daughters - were they to be in his immediate future?

Finally he reached the front door and with the little strength he had, he knocked. No answer, he knocked again as hard has he could and then heard the footsteps of his savior. The door opened and a man around his age, 40 something, dressed in jeans and an undershirt looked out at him.

The salesman explained his plight and the kindly farmer invited him in, over an ice cold glass of lemonade the farmer explained the telephone service had been out for several days. After a short pause the farmer said, I can put you up for the night, but you'll need to sleep in the only bed we have with my two sons. The salesman thanked the farmer for the cold drink and as he walked out the front door said mostly to himself, "I should have walked east, I ended up in the wrong joke".

Last edited:

The pestilence isn't the independant farmer. That corporate representation of a farmer is what is bullshit.

As most of the best lies it was truth AND a lie. Small farming is capitalism at it's best. Every season is a bet against the elements natural and economic. Weather and prices efffect the outcome of the success or failure of any crop cycle. As long as the farm can remain solvent there is always next year and the next planting cycle to make a profit. Some cycles take longer than a year such as ranching or dairy. Other planting cycles overlap such as crop rotation.

The evil in agriculture is manipulation of prices and production. The small farmer is not the cause of such events. He is just as much a victim as you and I are.

Judge Sober speaking here... :D

^ Huggy, I understand fully what you are saying but that is precisely the hypocrisy to which I allude. Why? Because in your words you are also describing the Independent oil and gas producer. The difference? Little actually, except that oil and natural gas has gotten kicked in the ass for decades. No "lovey-dovey All-American mom-and-pop" personna. No, it's just been constant villification by government and public alike.

They deal with the weather season after season. Yes, weather affects production. Frozen flow lines, slipping belts, syphons blown over, roads inaccessable, overheated pumps....

Is there insurance? Not no, but hell no.

Energy markets are far more volitile than grains. When the price craters- and I've seen it happen numerous times in my career- costs don't go down, they go up. And there is NO mechanism for these Independents to pass along cost increases. None.

At every turn, they are the evil money-grubbing capitalist rapers of the environment. I spend tens of thousands of dollars every year protecting the environment by complying with local state and federal regulations.

I could go on, but the point is that Independents are lumped in with the Majors. Always have been, always will be. I grew up shit poor, made it big, busted back down to shit, made it big, over and over... but when you average it out it's been a modest living.

No, I still think that farmer commercial was for shit. Think you'd ever see such a production about oil and gas families. Hell no.

That's it. I'm done. This thread pisses me off, but not nearly as much as being out of beer goddamnit.

Agriculture has become a parriah upon this nation, piling fat on the phat.

Overfed pork-laden profit-ridden mony-grubbing farmers. Cheapskate tightwad greedy fuckers.

Ooooh but the poor farmers- I saw them in a twuck commercial. They just tug at my heartstrings.

Little girl standing in the corn field. Dad's corn field. Grandpa's cornfield. Great-grandpa's cornfield.

What a fucking joke.

NOT ALL FARMERS ARE SUBSIDIZED. Your illustration sucks and paints the wrong picture as a whole but we have neville chamberslines that report as such.

Agriculture has become a parriah upon this nation, piling fat on the phat.

Overfed pork-laden profit-ridden mony-grubbing farmers. Cheapskate tightwad greedy fuckers.

Ooooh but the poor farmers- I saw them in a twuck commercial. They just tug at my heartstrings.

Little girl standing in the corn field. Dad's corn field. Grandpa's cornfield. Great-grandpa's cornfield.

What a fucking joke.

NOT ALL FARMERS ARE SUBSIDIZED. Your illustration sucks and paints the wrong picture as a whole but we have neville chamberslines that report as such.

And ZERO oil/nat gas companies are subsidized. My illustration is spot on.

And the fact that numb-nuts Prez has the gall to go on national TV and repeatedly say otherwise is testament to his utter ignorance, and America's gullibility to believe it.

Judge Sober speaking here... :D

^ Huggy, I understand fully what you are saying but that is precisely the hypocrisy to which I allude. Why? Because in your words you are also describing the Independent oil and gas producer. The difference? Little actually, except that oil and natural gas has gotten kicked in the ass for decades. No "lovey-dovey All-American mom-and-pop" personna. No, it's just been constant villification by government and public alike.

They deal with the weather season after season. Yes, weather affects production. Frozen flow lines, slipping belts, syphons blown over, roads inaccessable, overheated pumps....

Is there insurance? Not no, but hell no.

Energy markets are far more volitile than grains. When the price craters- and I've seen it happen numerous times in my career- costs don't go down, they go up. And there is NO mechanism for these Independents to pass along cost increases. None.

At every turn, they are the evil money-grubbing capitalist rapers of the environment. I spend tens of thousands of dollars every year protecting the environment by complying with local state and federal regulations.

I could go on, but the point is that Independents are lumped in with the Majors. Always have been, always will be. I grew up shit poor, made it big, busted back down to shit, made it big, over and over... but when you average it out it's been a modest living.

No, I still think that farmer commercial was for shit. Think you'd ever see such a production about oil and gas families. Hell no.

That's it. I'm done. This thread pisses me off, but not nearly as much as being out of beer goddamnit.

The commercial was for Dodge trucks... :lol:

Mr H. Oil Man idolizes J.D. Rockefeller!

Rockefeller tried to sabatoge electric lighting because it would ruin the sale of kerosene for oil lamps. He was going against JP Morgan, Telsa, and Edison. But then along came the internal combustion engine and so he focused his money, power & eforts against farmer ethanol competition. J.D. Rockefeller of the Standard Oil monopoly bought congress & passed Prohibition of Alcohol to eliminate Alcohol/Ethanol from fueling automobiles & competing with oil. Now the oil companies funded the scientifically discredited Pimentel & Patzek studies claiming ethanol uses more energy than it creates & drives up food & gas prices. J.D. Rockefeller of the Standard Oil built Rockefeller Center to house the biggest media companies in the USA & has used that media centers power to blast the airwaves & news papers with their biased ethanol research propaganda. They have very effectively brainwashed most of the population.

Now brainwashed idiots can't tell the facts from fiction. Corn Ethanol creates more food than without ethanol. 98% of all corn went to feed livestock who's digestive tract is designed for grass & leaves. Livestock do a poor job digesting corn causing digestive & health problems with the animals & huge methane gas emissions. But livestock grow 30% faster on 15% less (distillers dried grains)-DDG feed when the corn is broken down into easily digested DDG feed at ethanol plants. The Corn Ethanol used to get emitted from the livestock as Methane Gas which is 15 times worse Greenhouse Gas than (Carbon Dioxide)-CO2. Now that potential corn methane is turned into ethanol before the DDG feed is fed to livestock.

Besides the fact that Corn Ethanol increased food production & eliminated the 15 times more damaging than CO2 Methane Emitions from corn fed livestock. Corn Ethanol also replaced the highly toxic MTBE additive in gasoline that was polluting our water supply. Corn ethanol has created so much food infact that China complained to the WTO & launched an investigation into how the US farmers wer dumping so much DDG feed & corn into their country at prices far below what their farmers could produce DDG feed & Corn.

Big Oil has been playing people like you for suckers forever. For over 130 years they have been telling you we were at Peak Oil to justify high prices & wars. They make fortunes off of you suckers who will go to your grave believing Ethanol is bad & paying high gas price is ok because of Peak Oil. Big Oil even got all the 45 cent a gallon VEETC tax credit that the media they own called Ethanol Subsidy. Big Oil was getting direct government subsidies & said it was the farmers & ethanol industry getting subsidies. They blamed the farmers for subsidies oil companies were raking in.

Big corporate monopolies that government cultivated & subsidized with tax payer money are the problem with Mr. H's Mom & Pop Oil company & Small Farmers. 4 giant corporations control 62% of farming. There is no free market price discovery for food price or raw materials farmers need to grow food. I guarantee farmers live a harder life than Mr. H or his oil producing peers. Farming is a harder life than most other industries & pays less than city people get on unemployment.

Ma'am, I am an advocate for this entire industry big and small. There are very very large Independent companies. The difference between them and the majors is they do not own and operate multiple upstream and/or downstream processes.

You know I likes ya, but you've got a bit of conspiracy complex when it comes to hydrocarbons.

And as I've stated before, ethanol is also toxic and it pollutes. MTBE was thrown under the bus to clear the way for farmers (big and small) to get into new markets.

Re: Rockefeller, that's ancient history.

God Made a Roughneck - IPAA

God said, “I need somebody to develop the home-made energy that powers our homes, fuels our cars, and heats our homes. I need somebody to work outside, in all kinds of weather – snow, sleet, scorching hot weather for 12 hour shifts. I need someone with fortitude – someone who isn’t afraid of the unknown, who can take on challenges and fix problems.” So God made a roughneck.

God said, “I need somebody who will sacrifice. I need someone who will separate himself from the comforts of his own home, not to abandon his responsibilities but to fulfill and exceed them – to provide his family with a future that is bigger and brighter than his own.” So God made a roughneck.

“I need somebody with arms strong enough to lift steel and power machinery, but eyes watchful enough to prevent accidents and protect the safety of his crew. I need somebody who doesn’t quit – who doesn’t cut corners and puts safety ahead of everything. Someone to pump mud, trip pipes, and come back – not to his warm home and home-cooked meal, but to man camps, just to wake up the next day and do it all over again for two weeks at a time.

“I need somebody who will trade glamour for danger. I need somebody to travel thousands of miles from home – onto dusty, frigid plains and deep waters out on the open sea. Somebody who can tough it out in cramped, uncomfortable beds and fix problems when they arise. I need somebody who can do the hard, dirty, perilous work that comes with unleashing the energy buried deep in the earth.” So God made a roughneck.

“I need somebody who loves nature. Somebody to cherish the land they work on every day with careful preservation of the environment around them. I need someone to be surrounded day after day in the forests, the plains, and the mountains. Who can bring up energy from the bottom of the earth and then look up at the stars in quiet awe, realizing with solemn gratitude the great blessings we’ve been given in our land.

“Somebody who, after two straight weeks away from home, doing intense work that stretched him to his physical and mental limit, can be as patient, kind, and loving with his wife and family as if he’d spent two weeks on vacation. I need somebody to pick up his son at school and encourage him to do his math and science homework before baseball practice. Someone who will nod and tell his daughter, “Yes, you too can work in this industry. You can be an engineer or a geologist and can explore, find and develop the natural gas and oil that America runs on.” So God made a roughneck.

God said, “I need somebody who understands the dignity of work—work that isn’t pleasant or easy, but is rewarding, who takes pride in what they do, for they know that the work they do will save family farms, send children to college, and make our country safer. I need somebody to keep our economy growing, keep our country safe, and give people the power to run their own lives—to deliver the American energy that gives people the lifestyle they may even take for granted.”

I need somebody with strength and fortitude. So God made a roughneck.

Last edited:
God Made a Roughneck - IPAA

God said, “I need somebody to develop the home-made energy that powers our homes, fuels our cars, and heats our homes. I need somebody to work outside, in all kinds of weather – snow, sleet, scorching hot weather for 12 hour shifts. I need someone with fortitude – someone who isn’t afraid of the unknown, who can take on challenges and fix problems.” So God made a roughneck.

God said, “I need somebody who will sacrifice. I need someone who will separate himself from the comforts of his own home, not to abandon his responsibilities but to fulfill and exceed them – to provide his family with a future that is bigger and brighter than his own.” So God made a roughneck.

“I need somebody with arms strong enough to lift steel and power machinery, but eyes watchful enough to prevent accidents and protect the safety of his crew. I need somebody who doesn’t quit – who doesn’t cut corners and puts safety ahead of everything. Someone to pump mud, trip pipes, and come back – not to his warm home and home-cooked meal, but to man camps, just to wake up the next day and do it all over again for two weeks at a time.

“I need somebody who will trade glamour for danger. I need somebody to travel thousands of miles from home – onto dusty, frigid plains and deep waters out on the open sea. Somebody who can tough it out in cramped, uncomfortable beds and fix problems when they arise. I need somebody who can do the hard, dirty, perilous work that comes with unleashing the energy buried deep in the earth.” So God made a roughneck.

“I need somebody who loves nature. Somebody to cherish the land they work on every day with careful preservation of the environment around them. I need someone to be surrounded day after day in the forests, the plains, and the mountains. Who can bring up energy from the bottom of the earth and then look up at the stars in quiet awe, realizing with solemn gratitude the great blessings we’ve been given in our land.

“Somebody who, after two straight weeks away from home, doing intense work that stretched him to his physical and mental limit, can be as patient, kind, and loving with his wife and family as if he’d spent two weeks on vacation. I need somebody to pick up his son at school and encourage him to do his math and science homework before baseball practice. Someone who will nod and tell his daughter, “Yes, you too can work in this industry. You can be an engineer or a geologist and can explore, find and develop the natural gas and oil that America runs on.” So God made a roughneck.

God said, “I need somebody who understands the dignity of work—work that isn’t pleasant or easy, but is rewarding, who takes pride in what they do, for they know that the work they do will save family farms, send children to college, and make our country safer. I need somebody to keep our economy growing, keep our country safe, and give people the power to run their own lives—to deliver the American energy that gives people the lifestyle they may even take for granted.”

I need somebody with strength and fortitude. So God made a roughneck.

Why do "they" call them "roughnecks"? Are their necks rough? Why? Is it treatable?

Ma'am, I am an advocate for this entire industry big and small. There are very very large Independent companies. The difference between them and the majors is they do not own and operate multiple upstream and/or downstream processes.

You know I likes ya, but you've got a bit of conspiracy complex when it comes to hydrocarbons.

And as I've stated before, ethanol is also toxic and it pollutes. MTBE was thrown under the bus to clear the way for farmers (big and small) to get into new markets.

Re: Rockefeller, that's ancient history.
MTBE contaminated drinking water for the purpose of this mythical bad air.

OUR bad air is coming from continents who believe clean enviro practices are from unregulations at the expense of cheaper product. Bad air from china travels to north america by means of prevailing winds....yet nobody in the new media is honest in an attempt to record.

I want to the government to pay me NOT to NOT to farm antique books.

I think I must deserve at least a couple thousand for every book I do not share with my viewers. That way I too can get farm subsidies.

Plus I want the government to pay me an allowance for every book I do put on line, too. That way I also get paid like the oil companies do.

Seems fair to me.

Forum List

Back