God is speaking to me, asking me what I should be doing with my life...

....how shall I answer?

Every time I take a shower, I don't know why, I ask myself the question, "What does God want me to do with my life?"

And I have no answer.

I am a regular guy. I go to Church on Sunday, I try to obey the Ten Commandments, I go to work, make money, help my family when they need it.

But I feel I should be doing more.

Like what?

Does God want me to go to Africa and dig wells for villages without clean water?

Does God want me to go to Syria and drive supplies to war refugees?

Does God want me to serve food at a local homeless shelter?

What?

I think this is part of the process that priests and nuns call "being called."

But I don't think I'm being called to be a priest, I can't be a priest as a divorced man.

Then what?

What does God want me to do?
1. Shut up
2. Repent.
3. Shut up

You actually answered him?

....how shall I answer?

Every time I take a shower, I don't know why, I ask myself the question, "What does God want me to do with my life?"

And I have no answer.

I am a regular guy. I go to Church on Sunday, I try to obey the Ten Commandments, I go to work, make money, help my family when they need it.

Like what?

Does God want me to go to Africa and dig wells for villages without clean water?

What?

But I don't think I'm being called to be a priest, I can't be a priest as a divorced man.

Then what?

1. Shut up
2. Repent.
3. Shut up

You actually answered him?
I am here to help.

"I am here to help."

Help with taking out the USMB trash. Get some new Mods while you are at it. Tired and Trumpified with the election cycle. Put out the Garbage.

....how shall I answer?

And I have no answer.

Like what?

What?

Then what?

You can work on make people lives better by helping your community...

....how shall I answer?

And I have no answer.

Like what?

What?

Then what?

:cuckoo:

....how shall I answer?

And I have no answer.

Like what?

What?

Then what?

abandon christianity, follow the original religion of antiquity - The Triumph of Good vs Evil - stop being a sinner is the rightful goal. its not what the Almighty wants its what is required for admission to the Everlasting. as the true tangible life experience.

You just admitted you don't believe in God, so you are the last person to ask what makes a good Christian.

Why is belief in a God required to be a Christian.

The philosophy of Christ isn't a bad one. Treat others the way you'd want to be treated, help the poor, forgive those who have wronged you. Can't say I do all those things (I really have a hard time with the forgiving part, I'm kind of petty and vengeful) but it's a great philosophy. Wish more "Christians" did the stuff Jesus said to do instead of focusing on the gays and the abortions which he never talked about.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are asking God where you are needed. The answer will come. Be aware of the people around you.

I've often thought how neat it would be to sit in the office of the electric company and watch people pay their electric bills, (The people that had service turned off) For those that were having trouble paying, I could just wait until someone came up that couldn't pay, and pay it for them.

I wouldn't give my name, just smile, shake their hand and leave.

Like kids...offer your help as an unpaid aide to a class that is having difficulty. An extra pair of hands would be great.

You'll find your niche. Good luck on your adventure!

Forum List

Back