God does exist. Itelligent design in the Universe is prof of God.

Henotheism (from Greek ἑνός θεοῦ (henos theou) 'of one god') is the worship of a single, overarching god while not denying the existence or possible existence of other lower deities. Friedrich Schelling (1775–1854) coined the word, and Friedrich Welcker (1784–1868) used it to depict primitive monotheism among ancient Greeks.

Henotheism (from Greek ἑνός θεοῦ (henos theou) 'of one god') is the worship of a single, overarching god while not denying the existence or possible existence of other lower deities. Friedrich Schelling (1775–1854) coined the word, and Friedrich Welcker (1784–1868) used it to depict primitive monotheism among ancient Greeks.
I have nothing to say against any generic god as long as the particular god isn't already tainted by suprstitous human beliefs

Draw the line with that and they can be forced to proclaim that which they believe.

The best the two religious crackpots have been able to do so far is to say they believe in their bibles, with qualifications. No specific qualifications of course, just some innocuous ones that enable them to copout!

I already answered your question before, dummy. If you couldn't remember it the first time, why should I expect you to remember it a second time?

I've moved on to turning this thread into something worthwhile. You can follow along with your finger, contribute to it, or go find solace in you superstitious beliefs that drive you to distraction.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. :)

But a generic god that isn't associated with any of established superstitious god or gods can be acceptable.
At least until they attempt to define such a belief so that it becomes nothing more than unacceptable superstitious beliefs.

An extraterrestrial presence as the mover and shaker of everything we know with our limited understanding? Maybe!
The default atheist position (leaving ample room for agnostics). Not buying anything on faith sums it up for me. I often suggest Mother Nature as an acceptable god if any simply must have one. No takers so far that I recall. Oh well.

But a generic god that isn't associated with any of established superstitious god or gods can be acceptable.
At least until they attempt to define such a belief so that it becomes nothing more than unacceptable superstitious beliefs.

An extraterrestrial presence as the mover and shaker of everything we know with our limited understanding? Maybe!
The default atheist position (leaving ample room for agnostics). Not buying anything on faith sums it up for me. I often suggest Mother Nature as an acceptable god if any simply must have one. No takers so far that I recall. Oh well.
It's atheism when it comes to the Christian bible because nobody in their right mind could accept that invented shit for a minute in this modern world. Dawkins is being charitable and/or politically correct whn he claims to be an agnostic.

Or, Dawkinis can be claiming to be an agnostic on the belief that there could be a generic god that was responsible for some other-worldly events that in some way started the prehistoric forms of life in this earth.

Dawkins of course would never doubt Darwinian evolution, even before it was proven conclusively by DNA.

A useful conversation can go on in this 'religion section with or without the jesus crackpots. It's the ethical part of it, excluding the religion nonsense.

I already answered your question before, dummy. If you couldn't remember it the first time, why should I expect you to remember it a second time?

I've moved on to turning this thread into something worthwhile. You can follow along with your finger, contribute to it, or go find solace in you superstitious beliefs that drive you to distraction.
Then let's see how christ can help you stand your ground on his bible? Haven't you already sold out your belief in a sky fairy when you turned your back on a 'literal' translation of his bible?

You can't be halfway believer ding. Those who are fully propped up with the christ can reconcile everything their bible says. Even murder of children and your right to keep slaves!

Just a few examples of what a backslider like you can't do!

A useful conversation can go on in this 'religion section with or without the jesus crackpots. It's the ethical part of it, excluding the religion nonsense.
Not here. Not really. It's called the "Religion and Ethics" section to repel any and all viewing the two as (even potentially) separable. A very cold, myopic, political statement. Those like us don't count.

Not here. Not really. It's called the "Religion and Ethics" section to repel any and all viewing the two as (even potentially) separable. A very cold, myopic, political statement. Those like us don't count.
That scam can't work very well on a talk forum. They lose their audience and they end up blowing smoke up a dead dog's a-s, when their intention is to win converts.

I'm more than happy to give them a soapbox as long as they don't backslide on their beliefs.

It's the 6000 year old earthers who show their mettle on supporting HIM unconditionally. So far they appear to have gone to ground.

Then let's see how christ can help you stand your ground on his bible? Haven't you already sold out your belief in a sky fairy when you turned your back on a 'literal' translation of his bible?

You can't be halfway believer ding. Those who are fully propped up with the christ can reconcile everything their bible says. Even murder of children and your right to keep slaves!

Just a few examples of what a backslider like you can't do!
So because I read the passages as they are intended to be read and not literally like you want me to read them. I'm a halfway believer and a backslider?

I think that's some wonderful logic you are employing. Do you work for minimum wage per chance?

I would love to interview you. We both may learn something from it.

So because I read the passages as they are intended to be read and not literally like you want me to read them. I'm a halfway believer and a backslider?

Yes, that's what I think, and it's what the majority of Americans Christians would have to conclude too.

But I think it's better to be a backslider than to believe any of the bibles literally. That would cause problems in you mind in the same way that it caused problems for Jordan Peterson, but to a lesser degree depending on your level of intelligence.

I'm completely o.k. with what you believe until you start to promote lies and impossibilities from your bible. Then when you or any Christian starts doing that, it's time to hold their feet to the fire.

In your case you're playing it safe, so far at least.

Then interview me using any method you like. I'll just tell you before you even start that I'm solid on Darwin's theory right up until it contradicts our latest modern science.

Yes, that's what I think, and it's what the majority of Americans Christians would have to conclude too.

But I think it's better to be a backslider than to believe any of the bibles literally. That would cause problems in you mind in the same way that it caused problems for Jordan Peterson, but to a lesser degree depending on your level of intelligence.

I'm completely o.k. with what you believe until you start to promote lies and impossibilities from your bible. Then when you or any Christian starts doing that, it's time to hold their feet to the fire.

In your case you're playing it safe, so far at least.
I think you are a nut job. :)

Then interview me using any method you like. I'll just tell you before you even start that I'm solid on Darwin's theory right up until it contradicts our latest modern science.
I'm not interested in you. You don't have much intellect. It would be boring to interview an idiot.

That's what I consider a satisfactory response.
You've heard my warning and you're heeding it.
If you stick your toe in the water you understand that this pond is full of alligators.

If you stay out of our pond you are safe. Meaning, any literal belief in the bibles or the gods isn't going to be tolerated here.

We'll be fellow admirers of the natural world.

That's what I consider a satisfactory response.
You've heard my warning and you're heeding it.
If you stick your toe in the water you understand that this pond is full of alligators.

If you stay out of our pond you are safe. Meaning, any literal belief in the bibles or the gods isn't going to be tolerated here.

We'll be fellow admirers of the natural world.
You don't have enough sand in your pants.

Forum List

Back