God Calling

So what part did YOU play in killing Jesus?
By sinning. Who are is God's gift to us. Who we become is our gift to Him.

Who are is God's gift to us? What in hell is that supposed to mean?

How many of you are there?
lol, that should have been who we are is God's gift to us.

Sinners?

That make a lot of sense. Do you ever think deeply about anything?

Sheesh.........
Quite a lot actually. I'm sorry you couldn't follow it.

Don't get all broken up about it. You can always try to explain it real slowly to me, like you would explain it to a little child. Maybe then I'll understand how you can think that who you are, a sinner, is Gods gift to you and how your becoming irrational is a gift to God.

I really love the way these tidbits give you the illusion of having arcane wisdom even without making any sense.

I bet you like to say, "We're number one", don't you......

By sinning. Who are is God's gift to us. Who we become is our gift to Him.

Sinners?

Sheesh.........

Don't get all broken up about it. You can always try to explain it real slowly to me, like you would explain it to a little child. Maybe then I'll understand how you can think that who you are, a sinner, is Gods gift to you and how your becoming irrational is a gift to God.

The question was asked by Mudda "what part did I play in killing Jesus?"

My answer was, "by sinning."

The next sentence was (or was intended to be), "Who we are is God's gift to us. Who we become is our gift to God."

It signifies that we are not perfect but that we should progress.

Last edited:
We Christians have a tendency to focus on the destination rather than the journey. Christ wants us to focus on the journey. Life is a journey. Who we are is God's gift to us. Who we become is our gift to God. Today's devotional discusses the difficulty of the journey. Maybe that's why many behave like assholes instead of human beings. Christ teaches that He is the Way.

February 11 – The Difficult Path
Your path is difficult, difficult for you both. There is no work in life so hard as waiting, and yet I say wait. Wait until I show you My Will. Proof it is of My Love and of My certainty of your true discipleship, that I give you both hard tasks.

Again, I say wait. All motion is more easy than calm waiting. So many of My followers have marred their work and hindered the progress of My Kingdom by activity.

Wait. I will not overtry your spiritual strength. You are both like two persons, helpless on a raft in mid-ocean. But, lo! there cometh towards you One walking on the waters, like unto the Son of Man. When He comes and you receive Him, it will be with you, as it was with My Disciples when I was on earth, that straightway you will be at the place where you would be.

All your toil in rowing and all your activity could not have accomplished the journey so soon. Oh, wait and trust. Wait, and be not afraid.

Wait on the Lord, and keep his way. Psalm 37:34

Sinners?

Sheesh.........

The next sentence was (or was intended to be), "Who we are is God's gift to us. Who we become is our gift to God."

I see, thanks for clearly that up. You killed Jesus because you are the way God made you, a sinner

One question, if by being a sinner you killed Jesus, why do you still sin?

Why do you perjure yourself in God's name, why do you worship a human being? Why do you perpetuate the lie that Jesus was insane? Why have you set aside the divine commands and teach others to do the same?

Take your time...

I'm waiting on the Lord to contact me. It's His move. WHy won't he contact me? :dunno:

For what its worth, oozing bile and giving off putrid smells isn't the best approach.

You should probably try a new perfume....
He made whatever smell I give off. If he don't like, he shouldn't make. I bet His fave smell is shit (it's the only smell He gave to everyone), and that's what heaven smells like.

Sinners?

Sheesh.........

I see, thanks for clearly that up. You killed Jesus because you are the way God made you, a sinner

One question, if by being a sinner you killed Jesus, why do you still sin?

Why do you perjure yourself in God's name, why do you worship a human being? Why do you perpetuate the lie that Jesus was insane? Why have you set aside the divine commands and teach others to do the same?

Take your time...
You misunderstand. Yes, we all killed Jesus. No, God did not make us sinners. We have free will to have knowledge of good and evil. It is our choice.

I still sin because I am a rebel. I still sin because I am broken. Jesus defeated death. He did not fix us. We must do that ourselves but He did send us a helper to aid us in our journey and that is exactly what it is, a journey. His message was about life, not death. His message was about our journey, not our destination. We must choose Him by dying to self. That is the journey.

5 For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6 and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7 and to godliness, mutual affection; and to mutual affection, love. 8 For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 But whoever does not have them is nearsighted and blind, forgetting that they have been cleansed from their past sins.

10 Therefore, my brothers and sisters,[a] make every effort to confirm your calling and election. For if you do these things, you will never stumble, 11 and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 1:5-11

Last edited:

I'm waiting on the Lord to contact me. It's His move. WHy won't he contact me? :dunno:
You must make the first move then He will come rushing towards you. That was one of the messages of the parable of the lost son. But until then He is always waiting just like the father in parable of the lost son.

The Parable of the Lost Son
11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

25 “Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

28 “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”

Luke 15:11-32

You must make the first move then He will come rushing towards you. That was one of the messages of the parable of the lost son. But until then He is always waiting just like the father in parable of the lost son.

11 Jesus continued: “There was a man who had two sons. 12 The younger one said to his father, ‘Father, give me my share of the estate.’ So he divided his property between them.

13 “Not long after that, the younger son got together all he had, set off for a distant country and there squandered his wealth in wild living. 14 After he had spent everything, there was a severe famine in that whole country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to a citizen of that country, who sent him to his fields to feed pigs. 16 He longed to fill his stomach with the pods that the pigs were eating, but no one gave him anything.

17 “When he came to his senses, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have food to spare, and here I am starving to death! 18 I will set out and go back to my father and say to him: Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son; make me like one of your hired servants.’ 20 So he got up and went to his father.

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.

21 “The son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son.’

22 “But the father said to his servants, ‘Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet. 23 Bring the fattened calf and kill it. Let’s have a feast and celebrate. 24 For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.

25 “Meanwhile, the older son was in the field. When he came near the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 So he called one of the servants and asked him what was going on. 27 ‘Your brother has come,’ he replied, ‘and your father has killed the fattened calf because he has him back safe and sound.’

28 “The older brother became angry and refused to go in. So his father went out and pleaded with him. 29 But he answered his father, ‘Look! All these years I’ve been slaving for you and never disobeyed your orders. Yet you never gave me even a young goat so I could celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours who has squandered your property with prostitutes comes home, you kill the fattened calf for him!’

31 “‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”

Sorry, It's "No Mumbo-Jumbo Saturday" at my house.

Anyways, He knows that in my heart, I'm here if He wants to prove Himself to me. Anytime.

Anyways, He knows that in my heart, I'm here if He wants to prove Himself to me. Anytime.
So you want Him to make the first step?

I've already made the first step by accepting him to come and convince me. Now it's all on Him to make a move.

I've already made the first step by accepting him to come and convince me. Now it's all on Him to make a move.
That may not be a sufficient answer when you do finally meet Him.

I bet His fave smell is shit (it's the only smell He gave to everyone), and that's what heaven smells like.
That is an outstanding first step you have there.

Last edited:

Like I've always said, give me some real proof and I'm there. So far, all you have is: the universe exists, therefore the god of the bible exists, except for all those stories about god, those aren't true. :cuckoo:

Like I've always said, give me some real proof and I'm there. So far, all you have is: the universe exists, therefore the god of the bible exists, except for all those stories about god, those aren't true. :cuckoo:

I bet His fave smell is shit (it's the only smell He gave to everyone), and that's what heaven smells like.

Sure you will. You don't have any bias at all, do you?

I bet there are no jokes in heaven. And for sure nobody is cracking a silent fart in church just for fun either. :D

I bet there are no jokes in heaven. And for sure nobody is cracking a silent fart in church just for fun either. :D
When I was six I farted out loud in Church. I looked to the poor kid to the left of me. I will burn in hell for that. Relax... it's just a saying.

But getting back to your obvious hatred for all things God, what made you such a hater?

When I was six I farted out loud in Church. I looked to the poor kid to the left of me. I will burn in hell for that. Relax... it's just a saying.

But getting back to your obvious hatred for all things God, what made you such a hater?
Aside for Muslims, the total scum of the earth, what am I putting the hate on? :dunno:

In today's devotional we will explore how to live life to the fullest. Jesus taught about life, not death, not the final destination. Life is a journey and the more we seek to know HIM, the more He brings into our lives. Have no fear. How can you? You have eternal life.

February 12 – Meet Me Everywhere
Life is really consciousness of Me.

Have no fear. A very beautiful future lies before you. Let it be a new life, a new existence, in which in every single happening, event, plan, you are conscious of Me.

“And this is Life Eternal, that we might know Thee, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.”

Get this ever-consciousness and you have Eternal Life — the Life of the Ages. Be in all things led by the Spirit of God and trust Me in all. And the consciousness of Me must bring Joy. Give Me not only trust but gladness.

For as many as our led by the Spirit of God,
they are the Sons of God. Romans 8:14

Forum List

Back